[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | May 20th, 6:00PM PT | Round 2, Game 7 (Series tied 3-3)

7 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

Cool, since the Canucks will win tonight, you have given carte-blanche to say/do just about anything ...

image.gif.9bd19e94d775b639e38de5adcd9b85f3.gif

GO CANUCKS GO! WIN FOR BROCK!

If the Boys win, I will! 

Show your support and be supportive! 

Apologies in advance to my Fellow Moderators and Admin Team. 

These are desperate times! 

• chaos 2

Posted (edited)

Bored, trying to do some work, at home, so .....

Input: Hey AI Image Generator -> "A mean looking giraffe wearing a Vancouver Canucks uniform with number 57 hoisting the Stanley Cup"

Output:

image.png.8a4808be960b5db5e71d5e147f28cd4b.png

Conclusion: Hope our Vancouver Canucks perform a wee bit better than the AI Image Generator I randomly used.

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Dear Petey 

if there was ever a time where you wake up and say I’m going to be an absolute beast this game …….

this…..

this is it…..

• Upvote 2
  • MillerTime 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, PistolPete13 said:

Kenny H’s ass is already fire engine red from being on the hot seat for not getting an NHL calibre goaltender. Let’s make them pay for snoozing through the TDL.

Let's also win to say 🖕 to all of the analysts who thought the Oilers were going to run through us in 5 or 6 games.

To say 🖕to the media narrative that the Oilers are entitled to win before their window closes. 

To say🖕to the hockey gods for doing everything they could to prevent us from prevailing in the playoffs (forcing us to play our 3rd string goalie over our Veniza finalist starter, removing our leading goal scorer, etc.).

To say🖕to all of the Vegas bookies who continually doubted this team's resilience.

And, perhaps most of all, as a tribute to Boeser, who in many ways is a microcosm of how far this team has come in one year. 

Edited by syntheticity
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

12 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

Bored, trying to do some work, at home, so .....

Input: Hey AI Image Generator -> "A mean looking giraffe wearing a Vancouver Canucks uniform with number 57 hoisting the Stanley Cup"

Output:

image.png.8a4808be960b5db5e71d5e147f28cd4b.png

Conclusion: Hope our Vancouver Canucks perform a wee bit better than the AI Image Generator I randomly used.

Could have been worse, could be Jar Jar:

_47a49a3f-74d1-4c22-a4c2-f12a62a8adad.jpg

• Haha 2

The pregame hype feels like a Superbowl game - hope it is as exciting. 

Was not surprised he went with Laffy and Mik - as RT says, one does not get too many opportunities in a game 7 and both of these players have been in the league for quite a few years.  Podz Raty EP2 Willy  - they will be next generation in the very near future.  Mik and Laffy should use their speed to drive to the net (avoid "touching Skinner though to avoid ticky-tac calls).  Would also like to see some Z-Bombs from the point (or from any of the other Big 3Ds) to counter the Bouchard bomb..

Quite a few Nucks who have had quiet series offensively - maybe someone becomes the hero tonight

Finally, we should channel more positive energy into this game -  support every hit, goal and push the players to try their very best tonight - thats all we can ask from them in our Superbowl game.  Enjoy the game.

GO CANUCKS GO

Screenshot 2024-05-20 124424.jpg

• Like 1

OK UPDATE: The new neighbours are NOT Oiler fans, they're Canuck fans. All except the one wayward child who was dropped on his head switched at birth. His sister is out there in her Canuck jersey and told me her brother's "stupid". They also now have a Canuck flag on their car. Joining the party.

I love the new neighbours.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Hogs and Podz said:

What team are you talking about?   Not the nucks.   They are bigger on the back end then any other team left in the playoffs and bigger than Nashville as well.   Your comments are confusing.  And how is this team not built for the playoffs? 

How does the D fight it out for presence in front of the opposing crease exactly?  If you add a bit more skill to the Preds, that is a playoff built team! 

5 minutes ago, Pears said:

I'm not even gonna lie I don't think I'd be as nervous if this was any other team besides the Oilers LOL

Not because of the Oilers, but because of Game 7:

image.gif.d5147881fb78dc17049382a9e722eeda.gif

• Like 1

2 hours ago, canuckster19 said:

Christ I don't understand how people can watch THG, he's such a f-ing defeatest and Canuck fan apologist. He literally does it to get views.

His last few have been weak. Saying Oilers were better in the series and then his tepid support in game 7. He's also so neutral that his game reviews lack any substance. I'll take a break from him no matter what happens. 

• Cheers 2