51 members have voted

1. 1. How old are you ?

• 18-25
    • 25-35
    • 35-45
    • 50+
    • 10-18

On 10/6/2023 at 5:11 AM, Blue said:

Just curious. Because there's a theory out there that forums are for 30+ year olds and the young bucks don't even know what they are. Plus I think this will show that the mods are doing the right thing by allowing some cursing and swearing. Just don't over-do it. Sports and swearing go hand in hand. 

15,618 days as of October 9 2023

26 minutes ago, Johngould21 said:

I believe there are a few of us 75+ folks on this board Joe! 80 and over is lofty though.

true, not many of us who knows who connie madigan is? when they should smyl's time with nw bruins, they showed a full on donni brook. oh how i remember those. crazy games.

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

31 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

true, not many of us who knows who connie madigan is? when they should smyl's time with nw bruins, they showed a full on donni brook. oh how i remember those. crazy games.

I had the opportunity to get to one (1) New Westminster Bruin game in my life. Late ‘74, I went with Bill Reiter to a game against I believe, Calgary. A fight broke out, and every Bruin had a guy in a different corner of the ice, the fifth fight was near the blue line. Donnybrook wouldn’t describe it at all. I think Rick Blight said it best, he was scared to death to play the NW Bruins. They were good, tough, and that barn rocked back in the day. Beck, Smyl, Lofthouse, and of coarse Punch.

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...
9 minutes ago, Toni Zamboni said:

interesting
i didnt know we had so many 50 plus-ers here
makes sense tho i guess since a lot of peeps have been around here for 15 plus years

Forums tend to cater to the older generation. Most millennials and zoomers just use Reddit.

• 1 month later...
On 10/10/2023 at 4:55 PM, Johngould21 said:

I had the opportunity to get to one (1) New Westminster Bruin game in my life. Late ‘74, I went with Bill Reiter to a game against I believe, Calgary. A fight broke out, and every Bruin had a guy in a different corner of the ice, the fifth fight was near the blue line. Donnybrook wouldn’t describe it at all. I think Rick Blight said it best, he was scared to death to play the NW Bruins. They were good, tough, and that barn rocked back in the day. Beck, Smyl, Lofthouse, and of coarse Punch.

Before my time but I presume Punch Imlach?

• Vintage 1

On 4/9/2024 at 9:30 AM, Muscatel Marauder said:

80 in 2 days, catching up to Joe.

you might be the 2nd oldest poster on here. i like the older posters that have seen, some of the same things i've seen. there are a few on here.

• Cheers 1