[Waivers] October 6, 2023

6 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Marcus Bjork!!!!  Do it Allvin...

5 minutes ago, Rekker said:

Petrovic, Bjork?

4 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Bjork or Salo please

Indeed, one of the guys that could somewhat replicate a "Schenn" role here with Hughes (even if not a top pair D).

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Bjork out of Columbus is a little surprising. I would like the Canucks to make a claim on him, either way I have a feeling he won't make it through. 

This is just my preference, but I'd be willing to not take a flyer and wait to see what Carolina does with Dylan Coghlan or Vegas with Daniil Miromanov.

Those guys have better NHL pedigree and a skillset that would complement our dcore better.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

His frame is ok. His numbers are why he's on waivers I think.

Small sample size yes, but 11 points in 33 games for a rookie defenseman is a good output. He plays a calm reliable game, he can use his size and doesn't have cement hands. From what I have read makes the smart play, doesn't try to do too much.

Columbus has a lot of good defense coming up and pushing for roles as well, so yes he's just Waivers fodder but there could be something i'd be willing to take a chance on for free versus other options out there.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

This is just my preference, but I'd be willing to not take a flyer and wait to see what Carolina does with Dylan Coghlan or Vegas with Daniil Miromanov.

Those guys have better NHL pedigree and a skillset that would complement our dcore better.

You're running the risk of a team like San Jose or Chicago claiming them though.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Small sample size yes, but 11 points in 33 games for a rookie defenseman is a good output. He plays a calm reliable game, he can use his size and doesn't have cement hands. From what I have read makes the smart play, doesn't try to do too much.

Columbus has a lot of good defense coming up and pushing for roles as well, so yes he's just Waivers fodder but there could be something i'd be willing to take a chance on for free versus other options out there.

Yup, he sounds like a nice fit with Hughes. He may not have the legit 1st pair ceiling/pedigree we'd all prefer there...but those guys don't get placed on waivers for free. And he's better than what we're penciling in to play there now...

And if/when we do find a legit Hughes partner, he can slide down to replace the expiring Myers eventually.

We could do worse than picking up a 25 year old RHD with size/grit, skating, decent hands/IQ that plays a relatively safe/solid, minimal mistakes game.

For those curious, his scouting report:

The big Swedish defenseman arrived in North America after four seasons as a regular in the SHL. He adapted quickly to the smaller rinks and faster pace of play. He is smart and poised with the puck, and is not afraid to be physical. Though he is unlikely to produce a ton of offense, his shot and puck-moving skills should help him grow into an NHL regular.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

24 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

I believe making a claim does not effect the priority of your next claim. Can claim Bjork then drop him back on Waivers if something better comes along. Just business. 

Honestly our depth has looked so meh I would be good if we made multiple claims.

I would take Bjork and then still wait on someone like Coghlan or Miromanov.

Hell id even take a flyer on Denisenko. This team needs to find money with a player like that somewhere along the way. Look at what Seattle got with Tolvanen. Isn’t he a Millstein client too?

Edited by DeNiro

11 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

I believe making a claim does not effect the priority of your next claim. Can claim Bjork then drop him back on Waivers if something better comes along. Just business. 

Or keep both and waive Juulsen...

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1