[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Philadelphia Flyers, Oct 17th, 3PM PT (6PM EDT / EST), the Hat Trick Game

Rocket-68

We should be able to win this game, but I wouldn't take flyers lightly. It's almost like a trap because they're a team in full rebuild mode. 

It is the consistent effort that I'd like to see from the team this yr. I am a believer that with our current line up and performance we saw in the first two games, the 60-min efforts will translate into a lot more wins than losses. 

I'm looking forward to our third game already. Such a different state of mind compare to the past few years. Go nucks go!

• Upvote 1

In the last number of years I've really started to enjoy following teams like the Flyers to start the year. They've pretty much committed to a rebuild, sent a bunch of vets away, signed a couple new guys and promoted a lot of youth. These teams are fun to watch out of the gate, They can be terrible as expected but often these teams put forth a great effort and surprise some teams.

Let's go boys!!! 3-0 :towel:

55 minutes ago, Wing said:

We should be able to win this game, but I wouldn't take flyers lightly. It's almost like a trap because they're a team in full rebuild mode. 

It is the consistent effort that I'd like to see from the team this yr. I am a believer that with our current line up and performance we saw in the first two games, the 60-min efforts will translate into a lot more wins than losses. 

I'm looking forward to our third game already. Such a different state of mind compare to the past few years. Go nucks go!

Agree we can’t take them lightly. They have Couturier back, and the freedom of low/no expectations.

Good to see Soucy back, and Mikheyev seems close!

Please get garland off the top line.. he drags the line down 5v5.. swap him and beauvillier or something.. beauvillier at least knows his role on the line.. win battle go straight to the net look for the tip or pass.. garland on the other hand grabs the puck skates around the net until it gets knocked off instead of driving to the net with 2 playmakers/shooters on his line 

• Ribs pinned and featured this topic

As mentioned above, I can't see the Canucks choosing to send back Hirose with the rest of the road trip still part of the equation. They will likely go 11 forwards and 7 defensemen, until Mikheyev is ready.

Which makes a lot of sense that they are desperately looking to trade Garland. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

This is wrong. As soon as a skater returns, independent of position, Studnicka has to go back because he is emergency call up. 

I think that is what Patrick Johnston is saying, that if the team wants to keep Studnicka on roster, his emergency recall would revert to being simply a regular call up however, Hirose would have to be sent down in order for that to happen. 

Would be a simple paper transaction while sending Hirose down. 

• Cheers 1