The Whisky (Whiskey) Thread

chris12345

4 hours ago, Warhippy said:

How do we feel about rum or tequila?

Just asking

I'm more a rum guy than tequila to be honest. But not in the classic sense. I do make some killer gummies with it. Specifically with those coke bottle gummies.

44 minutes ago, gwarrior said:

I'm more a rum guy than tequila to be honest. But not in the classic sense. I do make some killer gummies with it. Specifically with those coke bottle gummies.

i use a darker rum, more of a demarera than a strict cane for that.

But oh man...use the cherry gummies.  It's the end all be all.  Or if you can find the autumn "apple gummies" at bulk barn 

9 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

But oh man...use the cherry gummies.  It's the end all be all.  Or if you can find the autumn "apple gummies" at bulk barn 

Sounds good, I'll have to keep an eye out for those.

6 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

If you want a good low cost rum for that, try barcelo.  Shockingly good.  And an anejo which is really shocking, has that oaked taste

Last time, or couple times really, I made the coke bottle gummies, I used bacardi lemon rum and bacardi lime rum. I'm kinda a sucker for citrus flavors. They turned out REALLY good too.

6 hours ago, Warhippy said:

How do we feel about rum or tequila?

Just asking

i feel pretty good about it... I recommend trying this Baron Samedi Spiced rum, I have tried all the captian morgans and this beats those hands down and i like it better than the kraken too... very smooth and i enjoy sipping this straight or neat...

image.thumb.jpg.00a226a5fc49782b878271dbb8eb181d.jpg

1 minute ago, Dankmemes187 said:

i feel pretty good about it... I recommend trying this Baron Samedi Spiced rum, I have tried all the captian morgans and this beats those hands down and i like it better than the kraken too... very smooth and i enjoy sipping this straight or neat...

Actually a fan of the baron.  Spiced rum gets a bit of hate but if its a decent spice and not just bacardi it's really nice to just sip on something a bit sweeter.  That's why bourbon is my drug of choice in a glass.  A bit sweeter

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Dankmemes187 said:

I've seen that, never tried it though. As for kraken, I'm good for 1, after that, it gives me gut rot.

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

Actually a fan of the baron.  Spiced rum gets a bit of hate but if its a decent spice and not just bacardi it's really nice to just sip on something a bit sweeter.  That's why bourbon is my drug of choice in a glass.  A bit sweeter

i have a sweet tooth and with whisky sometimes just a bit to bitter for me so i oftend just mixed with coke, thats why i also mostly only buy bourbons and spiced rums too.

2 minutes ago, gwarrior said:

I've seen that, never tried it though. As for kraken, I'm good for 1, after that, it gives me gut rot.

well i cant say im that much of a drinker, i do have experience sneezing while taking ahot of this stuff... lets just say it burns but also gets you fricking blitzed

59 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

When I drink Rum it's always Goslings Black Seal Rum from Bermuda.  I never drank Rum til I went to visit a high school friend who moved there a couple times.

They drink it with Ginger Beer and it's called a Dark and Stormy

https://www.goslingsrum.com/darknstormy/

1 minute ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

When I drink Rum it's always Goslings Black Seal Rum from Bermuda.  I never drank Rum til I went to visit a high school friend who moved there a couple times.

They drink it with Ginger Beer and it's called a Dark and Stormy

https://www.goslingsrum.com/darknstormy/

thats sounds good... ill try to remember that next time at a restaurant

edit: but then again i am a big fan of drinking a nice dark lager with clamato, seriously is almost a meal...

Edited by Dankmemes187

22 minutes ago, Dankmemes187 said:

thats sounds good... ill try to remember that next time at a restaurant

edit: but then again i am a big fan of drinking a nice dark lager with clamato, seriously is almost a meal...

I doubt you will find it in many places.  I have seen it in a couple Pubs in Victoria and that's about it.

I have an unopened bottle as I am on the wagon right now.

20230925_160922_resized[3325].jpg

1 minute ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

I doubt you will find it in many places.  I have seen it in a couple Pubs in Victoria and that's about it.

that dude in the chardonay bottle looks like he was sampling his own brand for a few hours before getting his photo, must be good stuff 🙂

18 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

14 minutes ago, Dankmemes187 said:

that dude in the chardonay bottle looks like he was sampling his own brand for a few hours before getting his photo, must be good stuff 🙂

Looks like Jim Cuddy.  I didn't know he had his own wine label... 

7 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Yes that is Jim Cuddy.  My son is a huge Blue Rodeo fan and I ordered it for him a few years ago for xmas from Ontario.

https://www.jimcuddy.com/introducing-cuddy-by-tawse-wines/

Is there a Greg Keelor version? :classic_ninja:

(no, I'm just kidding! :hurhur: )

• Haha 1