Blue Jays / MLB Talk

Bounce000

Just now, Bounce000 said:

Gee talk about letting a starting pitcher down.

Blue jays will take any help they can get. This situation has been reversed on the jays all year. No hitting when there’s pitching, no pitching when there’s hitting. Blown close games etc. 

The two series between Seattle and Texas is more intriguing to me than the Blue Jays games coming up. Best case scenario would be if one team beats down the other and takes at least 5 of 7 games, then maybe push the Jays back to the 3rd and favourable wild card position.

13 minutes ago, Bounce000 said:

The two series between Seattle and Texas is more intriguing to me than the Blue Jays games coming up. Best case scenario would be if one team beats down the other and takes at least 5 of 7 games, then maybe push the Jays back to the 3rd and favourable wild card position.

My thoughts exactly.

I'm a bit torn, as I'd like to see Seattle do well, but the last series notwithstanding, I think the Rangers are the team I'd rather see the Jays face, if they got past the first round....

Speaking of the Red Sox Yankees, I'm sure we all remember the role Dave Roberts played in the Bosox comeback after being down 3-0....

I wonder if the Jays are thinking of something similar for Cam Eden?

For those who may not be aware, Eden was 53 of 57 in steal attempts in the minors this season. The big leagues are another story, but that's still an impressive number.

Word is, Eden is also an excellent defensive outfielder, so he could be an ideal candidate to pinch run and then take over for Merrifield, Biggio or Springer in the late innings of a tight game.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

This 8th inning shows what speed will do for a ball club....

The ball hit by Springer was basically just behind Eden. I've seen both Merrifield and Chapman get thrown out trying to make it to third on similar ground balls, but with Eden running, the SS didn't even look at him.

Then the wild pitch that wasn't all that far away, but Eden scoring was never in doubt....

• Upvote 1