Navigating the new CFF

11 minutes ago, Barnstorm said:

One difference I’ve noticed is when signing in I have to enter my email and password as opposed to username and password on the old CDC. 

Yeah, that one caught me off guard too.  I was starting to type in "6of1..." and then realized, "hey wait, I think it said 'e-mail' and not 'username'".

There should be a post about changing themes that gets stickied somewhere.  I know not a lot of users like the dark mode default (I love it), and it'd save a lot of questions from being asked.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Barnstorm said:

It appears there is not an option to rate a thread . Not important really but just noticing differences. 

It's quite possible we're running a different version of Invision's forum software than the Canucks did. More likely newer than older.

That said, there are also default settings which are probably different.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Relyt Krets said:

Just noticed there is no way to edit the posts you make. Is that something that may be coming down the pipe?

I sure as shit hope so... my dyslexic ass has to edit my posts 5 or 6 times before I don't sound like a backwoods hillbilly.

Edit. Wait... you been fooling Krets

Edited by Shayster007

Question, since we aren't under the old ownership anymore (wow never thought I'd say those words) what happens to the rule about selling tickets for example? Just curious because I heard that rule was in place due to the Canucks not allowing advertising that isn't sponsored or something.

4 hours ago, aGENT said:

So what are we going with for a name and graphics/logo?

Canuck Fan Forum? Canuck Fan's Forum? Something else?

Let me know if you want any help with graphics @Ribs

Further to that, do we want to crowd source the forum name @Ribs?

Maybe start a thread/announcement, with a poll, add good names as they get suggested. Members vote on the winner, with ability to change vote at any time as new ones get suggested. Have the deadline be season opener for the poll winning name to be announced and roll out new forum graphics/logos for it.

Edited by aGENT
  • Vintage 1

5 hours ago, aGENT said:

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

Further to that, do we want to crowd source the forum name @Ribs?

Maybe start a thread/announcement, with a poll, add good names as they get suggested. Members vote on the winner, with ability to change vote at any time as new ones get suggested. Have the deadline be season opener for the poll winning name to be announced and roll out new forum graphics/logos for it.

All great ideas - we'll get a naming thread going asap.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

8 hours ago, aGENT said:

F*** it, let's go with Canucks Dot Com. It's our identity more than the assholes that decided to shut it down.