[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs New York Rangers, Oct 28 7PM, Rogers Place - Give the Blueshirts the Blues Game

Rocket-68

Tonight will be our toughest test so far in season. Second of a back to back against one of the top teams in the east and facing  their no. 1 goalie. 

After a win yesterday I am okay with whatever result it might be. Hoping for a win of course! 

Edited by Wing
  • Like 1

(Against  Rangers, wouldn't surprise me Refs controlling the game  that affect  the outcome, with early Ranger pp to establish momentum)

Hope last night Canucks show up skating the way they were and they have a very good chance to win this game in their building

Start off game like last night and keep the fans and energy in the building, should be an entertaining game

Canucks tired of losing and see the light now of how to play to win and so much more fun playing as a team

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Outsiders said:

Have to be ready to go tonight. Can't come out flat. Players all had lower ice times last night so everyone should have their legs.

RT played the hell out of the bottom 6 in the third last night, so the top 6 should be feeling good 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

After the win last night and not having to play our top 6 to death in that game i think we come out fresh in this one as well. I am guessing they start De Smith and hopefully his winning ways continue. it would be nice to get the same pressure as we did last night in the first period. Maybe not quite so dominant is possible but push hard to get the lead.  I am thinking we can win this one 3-2. The Rangers dont score much but defend well.  The difference in this game might be the Captain.

• Huggy Bear 1

I wouldn't be too surprised to see Tocchet make some changes to the lineup even though the last game was so delicious.

For example, what to do with Suter, Beauvillier, Garland?  Bench them, or try again to build them up/showcase them.

Probably won't mess with a defense that shut the Blues down and helped Demko get his shutout.

I think De Smith will be in net; why on earth not?

Can Hoglander hold down a spot in the top 6?  3rd line at least, for sure.

Rangers are a big, tough team and I wouldn't mind seeing all our toughest available guys in the lineup.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Goal_thecup said:

I wouldn't be too surprised to see Tocchet make some changes to the lineup even though the last game was so delicious.

For example, what to do with Suter, Beauvillier, Garland?  Bench them, or try again to build them up/showcase them.

Probably won't mess with a defense that shut the Blues down and helped Demko get his shutout.

I think De Smith will be in net; why on earth not?

Can Hoglander hold down a spot in the top 6?  3rd line at least, for sure.

Rangers are a big, tough team and I wouldn't mind seeing all our toughest available guys in the lineup.

I wouldn’t mess with the top 6 lines.  It’s clicking.

Mik EP Kuz

PDG Miller Boeser 

2 scoring lines that have shown worked so far.

It’s the 3rd and 4th lines that need a bit of tinkering.  

Hughes Hronek combo is a beauty.  The other D pairings also need a bit of tweaking.  

Although Myers played well last night, still not liking a $6M D playing sheltered minutes.  Hopefully he continues his improvement and is able to take on more minutes without being a liability.

• Jess featured and pinned this topic

Insanely tough test tonight. 2nd night of a back-to-back and the NYR Rangers have by far the best record of any team we've faced so far. I would be stunned, amazed, and over the moon if we won.

Let's do it.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

3-2 canucks in overtime. 
Can I just say that Tyler Myers looked great last night and I absolutely love him (sohomo). And my wife thinks he’s hot. And what an ABSOLUTE stud, we are lucky to have him. Keep it up you gawddamn beauty !

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1