[Proposal] Vancouver-Dallas-Montreal(broker team)

3 way trade where we retain on Myers and Montreal retains on Myers so Dallas gets Myers max retained.

Canucks get Hakanpaa and a 2025 5th pick from Dallas

Montreal gets a pick or prospect from Dallas

Dallas gets Myers max retained

Let me get this straight.  Dallas has Jani Hakanpää, a serviceable shutdown D-man on a cheap contract.  And you think they are going to trade away multiple picks/prospects just so they can get a similar (if not worse) player who is two years older?

I hate proposals that don't even consider why the other parties would be interested in a trade.

• Upvote 3

17 hours ago, Miss Korea said:

Let me get this straight.  Dallas has Jani Hakanpää, a serviceable shutdown D-man on a cheap contract.  And you think they are going to trade away multiple picks/prospects just so they can get a similar (if not worse) player who is two years older?

I hate proposals that don't even consider why the other parties would be interested in a trade.

Was basing it off Myers slim ties to Dallas Texas or so I thought.

Always apprecaite the negativity...its a forum, posts are done by fans other posters should refrain from posting if they disagree or think a poster is clueless...that is what I have grown to do.

Have a nice day

• Cheers 2

4 hours ago, Viking said:

Was basing it off Myers slim ties to Dallas Texas or so I thought.

Always apprecaite the negativity...its a forum, posts are done by fans other posters should refrain from posting if they disagree or think a poster is clueless...that is what I have grown to do.

Have a nice day

Just look at Wikipedia, man.  The dude is Canadian through and through.  Raised in Calgary and Kelowna, where he spends his summers.

Besides, Myers is not a free agent.  He would have to go wherever Vancouver chooses to send him.

On top of that, you still haven't addressed why Dallas would make such a wasteful trade.  They already have a D-man who is younger, cheaper, and arguably better.  So why would they bother giving up picks AND prospects for a downgrade?  Because of a player’s birthplace?

Montreal only has 1 retention spot left for this season.  So unless they're getting a very high pick or a can't miss prospect that would be high on their depth chart (which is unlikely)  I can't see them being involved 

Edited by qwijjibo

19 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

Just look at Wikipedia, man.  The dude is Canadian through and through.  Raised in Calgary and Kelowna, where he spends his summers.

Besides, Myers is not a free agent.  He would have to go wherever Vancouver chooses to send him.

On top of that, you still haven't addressed why Dallas would make such a wasteful trade.  They already have a D-man who is younger, cheaper, and arguably better.  So why would they bother giving up picks AND prospects for a downgrade?  Because of a player’s birthplace?

There’s no way we make that deal. Myers is by far and away the superior player to Hawk (I’m as slow as a friggin’ slug) EnPoo.