[Rumour] Are we Doing a Thing? Zadorov Wants Out Edition

1 minute ago, BabychStache said:

I don’t get it. 

Spend a future asset to improve squad now? 

I’m fine with a Garland + Raty trade to improve D. Or move enough cash out to put Patty Kane on Peteys wing. 

I imagine a Garland+1st for Rasmus Andersson deal is being looked at. Gets Tyler Myers out of the lineup (anlthough he’s been much better aof late) and gives us another bonafide Top 3 D to play with Cole. 

No to Kane, he’s a floater and too slow now. Maybe to Kessel. 

Kuz - Petey - Mik 

PDG - Miller - Boeser 

Joshua - Suter - Kessel 

Beau - Lafferty - Hog

Hughes - Hronek 

Cole - Andersson 

Soucey - Friedman/Myers 

Demko

Desmith

9 minutes ago, Honkin Hronek said:

I imagine a Garland+1st for Rasmus Andersson deal is being looked at. Gets Tyler Myers out of the lineup (anlthough he’s been much better aof late) and gives us another bonafide Top 3 D to play with Cole. 

Kuz - Petey - Mik 

PDG - Miller - Boeser 

Joshua - Suter - Kessel 

Beau - Lafferty - Hog

Hughes - Hronek 

Cole - Andersson 

Soucey - Friedman/Myers 

Demko

Desmith

1st would be the starting point. At least it would be Woo, Lekkerimaki, Mynio, Garland plus the first. They might also insist on Wollanin.

Calgary is not going just take a 1st and Garland.

Edited by Ghostsof1915
  • Upvote 2

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

1st would be the starting point. At least it would be Woo, Lekkerimaki, Mynio, Garland plus the first.

Calgary is not going just take a 1st and Garland.

I recognize that, but Calgary is also in a position to be desperate. Not saying that’s all it would take, but they’re in a position to win now with some of their contracts, not to rebuild. 

1 minute ago, Honkin Hronek said:

I recognize that, but Calgary is also in a position to be desperate. Not saying that’s all it would take, but they’re in a position to win now with some of their contracts, not to rebuild. 

Yeah but not crazy desperate. Especially to a division rival.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Honkin Hronek said:

Why is Kane a floater but Kessel is not?  They are two sides of the same coin - one passes more and one shoots more but neither of them rush or defend.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, EternalCanuckFan said:

It's going to be a Phil Kessel signing, isn't it

Yes

4 minutes ago, canucks curse said:

Phil Kessel is not a reward 

a top 4 D man would be 

Kessel could be had for dirt cheap as a UFA, he's quick, he's durable, he can play a middle six complimentary scoring role, and he put up 14 goals and 22 assists in 82 games last season. I don't see why he couldn't slot in and produce here too. Season before he put up 8 goals and 44 assists in 82 games, the skill is still there. 

He's a three-time cup champ, he's a very likeable guy, and he'd be an easy addition. He'd also likely be great for the room, he's that kind of guy. 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, Coconuts said:

Yes

Kessel could be had for dirt cheap as a UFA, he's quick, he's durable, he can play a middle six role, and he put up 14 goals and 22 assists in 82 games last season. I don't see why he couldn't slot in and produce here too. 

He's a three-time cup champ, he's a very likeable guy, and he'd be an easy addition. He'd also likely be great for the room, he's that kind of guy. 

Will he work hard for Toc though?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Will he work hard for Toc though?

Phil gets a bad rap but you don't become the all-time NHL iron man and produce the way he has historically by not working. I don't see why he'd be good enough for a team that's been a contender in Vegas but not good enough for us. 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Cheers 1