Conor Garland | #8 | RW/LW

-AJ-

8 minutes ago, Truefan99 said:

Worst remaining contract on the roster. Trade with some retention for future future considerations once injuries hit other teams at camp

Hard to see it as worse than Myers' or even Boesers'. Myers is a 4/5 D getting paid $6M. Boeser is a 2nd line winger, but is getting paid 1.7M more than Garland, who's only slightly worse.

58 minutes ago, Truefan99 said:

Worst remaining contract on the roster. Trade with some retention for future future considerations once injuries hit other teams at camp

Yup. He needs to be traded in order for us to move forward. We need bigger two way forwards that can out compete other teams top 6.

53 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Hard to see it as worse than Myers' or even Boesers'. Myers is a 4/5 D getting paid $6M. Boeser is a 2nd line winger, but is getting paid 1.7M more than Garland, who's only slightly worse.

The extra year makes it worse. They all need to be moved ... unless Boeser has a resurgence.

4 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

The extra year makes it worse. They all need to be moved ... unless Boeser has a resurgence.

I'm also not convinced that he's heavily overpaid, only slightly overpaid. Boeser is significantly overpaid and Myers even more, to the extent that I think one year is enough to make those contracts worse than Garland's.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

I'm also not convinced that he's heavily overpaid, only slightly overpaid. Boeser is significantly overpaid and Myers even more, to the extent that I think one year is enough to make those contracts worse than Garland's.

Garland's contract is actually pretty fair but that's totally irrelevant, it's $5 million wasted on a tiny tweener who doesn't PK. We need to focus on improving our 11th last standing, not supplying jobs for players if they're paid fairly. Unfortunately there is only so much dough to go around and we're dancing on a tightrope. I actually prefer Boeser. He's 40 pounds heavier and half a foot taller and he is good on the PP. That extra year is huge in terms of our future.

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

Garland's contract is actually pretty fair but that's totally irrelevant, it's $5 million wasted on a tiny tweener who doesn't PK. We need to focus on improving our 11th last standing, not supplying jobs for players if they're paid fairly. Unfortunately there is only so much dough to go around and we're dancing on a tightrope. I actually prefer Boeser. He's 40 pounds heavier and half a foot taller and he is good on the PP. That extra year is huge in terms of our future.

Exactly it’s too much money for what he brings. Way too one dimensional, if he’s not producing he doesn’t bring any other attributes to the ice. Crazy he’s got so many chances in the bigs thus far. 

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, Truefan99 said:

Exactly it’s too much money for what he brings. Way too one dimensional, if he’s not producing he doesn’t bring any other attributes to the ice. Crazy he’s got so many chances in the bigs thus far. 

He would be good on a rebuilding team like San Jose, or on a team full of big two way players in the top 6 with room for a one dimensional winger. Complete misfit when combined with Petey, Kuzmenko, Boeser, Beauvillier, and Hoglander. 

It also coincides with with OEL's first year at $5 mil against the cap. It's glaringly obvious that it creates a cap problem.

• 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

I hate Retaining.☠️

Really depends on how he plays. He's shown flashes of the 60+ point player we wanted. If he's on that level, he's absolutely worth $5M, but if he's more of the 45-point player he was last year, he's more of a $3-$3.5M player.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

I hate Retaining.☠️

Jesus we cant afford anymore dead money on the books, it's an absolute killer. I'd rather try him on Petey's wing for the season and see if we can get him looking good and scoring. If so it would help facilitate a trade in the off season next year without retaining and maybe actually get something back of value. 

• Vintage 2

9 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

"teams" are probably correct. If Garland was making even 3.95 instead of 4.95 he'd be gone, or we'd be glad to keep him. Its a classic Benning deal, a million to much and a year too long. 

he was so bad at contracts lol