PTSC: Game #18 SEA @ VAN Nov 18 2023

Goalie29

3 minutes ago, Goalie29 said:

I hate losing to the Flames almost as much as I hate losing to the Leafs.

This is something that I have in reverse - I hate it when the team loses to the flamers moreso than the laughs.  Probably proximity bias (meaning eventually it might be the krackheads that ends up replacing the flamers).  :classic_ninja:

2 hours ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

This is something that I have in reverse - I hate it when the team loses to the flamers moreso than the laughs.  Probably proximity bias (meaning eventually it might be the krackheads that ends up replacing the flamers).  :classic_ninja:

For me it's that Centre of The Universe mentality.  The Canucks (or any Western Canadian team) could be doing great things and all we get to hear about is what Matthews had for breakfast.  Or when the Sedins were going into the Hall Of Fame and the stories were about which Leafs were most like the Sedins.  It's nauseating.

And the Flames are because I had to live there for 5 years and I developed a personal rivalry with my Flame loving friends there, which continues on to this day.  I went to every Canucks game at the Saddledome while I was there and wore my jersey proudly while cheering on the visitors.  I also cheered on the Rockets and the Blazers at the Hitmen games.  There's something fun about cheering for the visiting team.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Goalie29 said:

For me it's that Centre of The Universe mentality.  The Canucks (or any Western Canadian team) could be doing great things and all we get to hear about is what Matthews had for breakfast.  Or when the Sedins were going into the Hall Of Fame and the stories were about which Leafs were most like the Sedins.  It's nauseating.

And the Flames are because I had to live there for 5 years and I developed a personal rivalry with my Flame loving friends there, which continues on to this day.  I went to every Canucks game at the Saddledome while I was there and wore my jersey proudly while cheering on the visitors.  I also cheered on the Rockets and the Blazers at the Hitmen games.  There's something fun about cheering for the visiting team.

I get what you're saying, and I also despise the t-dot mentality of sports media.  Not sure why though, I seem to dislike it when a team close by is doing better than our team, and the shorter the distance, the greater the dislike.  It's one of my quirks, I guess.  🤷‍♂️