[PGT] Canucks @ Avalanche Nov 22 2023

Satchmo

Let me put some perspective to this game,

When 2 good teams play each other 1 must win 1 must lose 

The Canucks made a statement today, they Can keep up with a Contender. But they themselves are not yet contenders

If the Canucks play the Avs this way every game they will come up 4-6 every 10 games its not good enough. But the Avs have had more time to get established. The Canucks will make the playoffs this season even might win a series temper you expectations though. Their not winning the cup this year.

Edited by CanuckFanForever
  • Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

If the dump and chase is all we have, we won't go far in the playoffs this year.

They did this a bit, but at other times they were looking for the perfect play too much.

The Canucks basically dominated the third but Colorado took away the middle & our skill plays. Needed to get more pucks on net like Colorado did on the 3-2 goal.

Ugh, sucks I hate losing these games but we'll get there. Joshua alone could've had a couple & its a different game. 

Just now, Smashian Kassian said:

They did this a bit, but at other times they were looking for the perfect play too much.

The Canucks basically dominated the third but Colorado took away the middle & our skill plays. Needed to get more pucks on net like Colorado did on the 3-2 goal.

Ugh, sucks I hate losing these games but we'll get there. Joshua alone could've had a couple & its a different game. 

I just notice our forwards up ice so early and waiting at the blueline for a tip into the ozone, but by the time the tip goes in, they're all standing still. The dmen get it easily and then it's out of the zone and our forwards are circling around to get back. Frustrating to watch. We dominate when we play a possession game. 

• Cheers 2

Injuries have hit during a compressed schedule and the team is trying to stay afloat.  Still 2nd in the division though LA has 2 games in hand; we are 6-8 pts above the wild card slots.

A lot of the hot teams have cooled off so here is the "regression to the mean".   Team is still playing .500 hockey but we need more depth if we're hoping to carry this momentum to a playoff run.  Shows the true importance of a 3C and 4D.  

• Cheers 1

Good test against a quality team.

We need to learn how to play against the best teams and beat them.

If you're going to make it to the playoffs, you're going to play teams of this quality. I take it as a good battle up until the end of the second period which was disappointing. 

I know RT is going to hold the players accountable for that. A good lesson.

We'll bounce back.