[Proposal] Zadorov Trade

Since Calgary appears to have turned things around, I believe if they were to trade Zadorov it would be more of a hockey trade so they can still compete for a playoff spot. Zadorov has made it clear he isn't re-signing with Calgary (trade request given). I'm suggesting

Zadorov for Cole + 3rd round pick. 

If Calgary starts looking bad again they can flip Cole for another pick. They likely have a better chance of re-signing Cole than Zadorov, he fits the 3rd pair there much better, and he will be cheaper to re-sign. 

Edited by AK-19

48 minutes ago, AK-19 said:

Since Calgary appears to have turned things around, I believe if they were to trade Zadorov it would be more of a hockey trade so they can still compete for a playoff spot. Zadorov has made it clear he isn't re-signing with Calgary (trade request given). I'm suggesting

If Calgary starts looking bad again they can flip Cole for another pick. They likely have a better chance of re-signing Cole than Zadorov, he fits the 3rd pair there much better, and he will be cheaper to re-sign. 

Why can't we just re-sign Cole?

• AK-19 changed the title to [Proposal] Zadorov Trade
19 hours ago, Miss Korea said:

Why can't we just re-sign Cole?

Zad is younger, so he could have a place here for a long time if the fit works. 

I dunno if Calgary would be willing to for a 3rd pretty much. I get the hypothetical of them still trying to compete, but I still don't think they'd be that interested in this deal without Canucks giving a higher pick or there were no other deals for Zad on the table that were worth much (I doubt that will happen). 

20 hours ago, AK-19 said:

We aren’t trading Cole. I’d say Big Z woukd cost at least a second, but seriously doubt Allvin has interest in that pkayer. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

We aren’t trading Cole. I’d say Big Z woukd cost at least a second, but seriously doubt Allvin has interest in that pkayer. 

Yeah, I don't think Cal have any plans for helping out the Canucks.  They will trade him to the Leafs, who

need him badly.

I don't really want the L side blocked up with for a few years with Hughes (the keeper), Zad and Soucy.

The bottom LD role should be a temporary vet player (Cole) until a prospect is ready.

Canucks need a middle RD so that Hughes + Hronik are the top two.  That's a spot that could be filled

in +/- 3 seasons from now, so no long term contracts. 

On 11/29/2023 at 12:49 PM, AK-19 said:

You called it good sir.  

Glad that we didn't have to move Cole.  

• Like 1