NBA / Toronto Raptors

Rubik

• Rubik changed the title to NBA / Toronto Raptors Thread

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/38505763/sources-blazers-trading-damian-lillard-bucks-3-team-deal

The Portland Trail Blazers are trading guard Damian Lillard to play to alongside Giannis Antetokounmpo with the Milwaukee Bucks as part of a three-team deal that also includes the Phoenix Suns, sources told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski on Wednesday.

Portland will receive Jrue Holiday, Deandre Ayton, Toumani Camara, Milwaukee's 2029 unprotected first-round draft pick, and unprotected Milwaukee swap rights in 2028 and 2030, sources told Wojnarowski.

The Suns will receive Jusuf Nurkic, Grayson Allen, Nassir Little and Keon Johnson, sources told Wojnarowski.

The deal comes months after Lillard formally requested to be traded in early July as the Blazers decided to take a patient approach to negotiations.

Edited by runningback33

47 minutes ago, runningback33 said:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/38505763/sources-blazers-trading-damian-lillard-bucks-3-team-deal

The Portland Trail Blazers are trading guard Damian Lillard to play to alongside Giannis Antetokounmpo with the Milwaukee Bucks as part of a three-team deal that also includes the Phoenix Suns, sources told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski on Wednesday.

Portland will receive Jrue Holiday, Deandre Ayton, Toumani Camara, Milwaukee's 2029 unprotected first-round draft pick, and unprotected Milwaukee swap rights in 2028 and 2030, sources told Wojnarowski.

The Suns will receive Jusuf Nurkic, Grayson Allen, Nassir Little and Keon Johnson, sources told Wojnarowski.

The deal comes months after Lillard formally requested to be traded in early July as the Blazers decided to take a patient approach to negotiations.

Love it, newest iteration of superteam to challenge the Nuggets.  Gonna circle Jan 29 on my calendar and hope everyone's healthy.

• Cheers 1

The landscape of the NBA changed again yesterday. 

Giannis and Lillard are going to be so much fun to watch and so are the Blazers who got their young Center to go along with their slew of young Guards with a blue chipper in Scoot.  They also get Jrue to flip for more assets to add to their core.

Miami misses out on Lillard and the Suns get deeper, even though they down graded at C.  Pretty excited for this season now, although the West is looking tough, money is Nuggets vs. Bucks as Finals.  Giannis vs. Jokic, Dame vs Murray.  

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Playoff Beered said:

Hey Rusty, could you move this to "other sports"

Cheers

Sure thing!  Sorry bout that, new to this topics creating.  

Edit: I did not see the "other sports"  sub and therefor the NBA thread.  🤦🏽‍♂️ Mods please merge.  

Edited by Rusty Shackleford
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

On 9/27/2023 at 12:44 PM, runningback33 said:

Portland will receive Jrue Holiday, Deandre Ayton, Toumani Camara, Milwaukee's 2029 unprotected first-round draft pick,

2029?

Isn't it a bit odd for a team to trade away/for a pick so far in the future?  Or is this common in the NBA?

• Upvote 1

• Rubik changed the title to NBA / Toronto Raptors

And the landscape keeps rockin

Man a Celtics/Bucks Conference Finals would be insane.

Also, loving the Blazers haul and am excited to follow their young up and coming team, tons of young talent.

Sorry Raps fans, could never cheer for a Toronto team and I've always had a soft spot for the Blazers.  Go RipCity!

• Cheers 2

As a Raptors fan, I'm a bit disappointed they haven't blown it up. I love Pascal, but now with Fred and Kyle long gone, it's time for this team to start over....

Pascal, OG, Poetl, Boucher....move as many of the older guys as you can for prospects and picks and build around Scottie and Grady....

(I might keep Schroder around for the veteran presence)

How would you guys rank the teams in the top tier of the Association?

Personally,
1) Denver (the core just won and remained intact, you can't dethrone the top dog without playing any games yet)
2) Milwaukee (adding Dame fixes their shooting problems for sure, and their spacing around him and Giannis will be nearly unstoppable; just hope that their point of attack defense won't just fall off the rails without Jrue)
3) Boston (speaking of spacing, Jrue and Porzingis definitely help this unit while they're also a very strong defensive group; I have them here just below Milwaukee since they don't really have a single closer as clutch as Dame who they can rely on to take over at the same level)

4) Phoenix (plenty of firepower and they've fleshed out their roster, but not sure they're well-rounded enough to dethrone the Nuggets in the West, let alone beat the two long and defensive powerhouses out east)

• Cheers 2

On 10/4/2023 at 10:29 PM, Phil_314 said:

How would you guys rank the teams in the top tier of the Association?

Personally,
1) Denver (the core just won and remained intact, you can't dethrone the top dog without playing any games yet)
2) Milwaukee (adding Dame fixes their shooting problems for sure, and their spacing around him and Giannis will be nearly unstoppable; just hope that their point of attack defense won't just fall off the rails without Jrue)
3) Boston (speaking of spacing, Jrue and Porzingis definitely help this unit while they're also a very strong defensive group; I have them here just below Milwaukee since they don't really have a single closer as clutch as Dame who they can rely on to take over at the same level)

4) Phoenix (plenty of firepower and they've fleshed out their roster, but not sure they're well-rounded enough to dethrone the Nuggets in the West, let alone beat the two long and defensive powerhouses out east)

Agreed completely.  The East falls off after Milwaukee/Boston but the West is interesting.  Yes Nuggets and Phoenix are top teams but we can't forget the dynasty Warriors will be in the mix and there will be a few competitive teams that can surprise.

Can Memphis and Ja actually keep a squad together? Do the old LA teams still have gas in their tanks with their aging Duo's?

Can the Mavs and Luka find another level with an unreliable Kyrie?

Then the young squads.  Can the King's take the next step? Can Lonzo return and make the Hornets competitive? I like NOLA but can Zion stay healthy?

Shout out to my Blazers, I think they're going to be competitive and at lease in the play-ins, which will be good for their young backcourt.

First time in a while I've been excited for NBA season!

Edited by Rusty Shackleford
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

5 hours ago, Rusty Shackleford said:

Agreed completely.  The East falls off after Milwaukee/Boston but the West is interesting.  Yes Nuggets and Phoenix are top teams but we can't forget the dynasty Warriors will be in the mix and there will be a few competitive teams that can surprise.

Can Memphis and Ja actually keep a squad together? Do the old LA teams still have gas in their tanks with their aging Duo's?

Can the Mavs and Luka find another level with an unreliable Kyrie?

Then the young squads.  Can the King's take the next step? Can Lonzo return and make the Hornets competitive? I like NOLA but can Zion stay healthy?

Shout out to my Blazers, I think they're going to be competitive and at lease in the play-ins, which will be good for their young backcourt.

First time in a while I've been excited for NBA season!

LaMelo btw haha, Lonzo is in Chicago.

• Haha 1