[Proposal] Canucks- Coyotes

Canucks trade:

Mikheyev 4.75m

Myers 6m (50%retained & Tyler eaives for Arizona...original was on his NO ntc)

2024 1st rd pick

Garland 4.9m

Danila Klimovich

For

Lawson Crouse 4.3m

Dumba 2.9m

Bjugstad 2.1m

Canucks out 9m+ long term with mikheyev and Garland out.

Myers we retain as we send out  15m in cheapish!?!?

BUT.........We bain a LW Power Forward for Ep40 and Kizmenko.

Krouse PP1 net front presence. Call me crazy but move JT Miller to run PP2 with Hronek on the D to have an solid well balanced PAIR of PP units.

Bjugstad- 6'6 F who can play C....listed rw/c, can he be pp2 unit guy front of net? Pker...I'm asking all you!!!

Dumba 3.9m RHD...you all know that tho!

Saves cap so we can sign Bear  to a 2yr 3m.

Maybe we got room at TDL to add a depth C or pker. Or dare I say we go BIG and trade Kuzmenko  to Philadelphia for laughton/Konechny? Add something slightly...I'm asking all you!?!?

• Cheers 1

This is a mess of a proposal.  Seems like you're just throwing in pieces from each side and hoping that it sticks.  For the first time in a long time, the Arizona Coyotes are firing on all cylinders and have put themselves in playoff contention.  And you want to jump in there and blow it up.  Not happening.

For those who haven't paid attention to Arizona, the Crouse-Maccelli-Bjugstad line has been the team's most important and most effective line.  The chemistry between those three players is like peanut butter and jelly.  How can Bill Armstrong possibly justify disrupting that excellent chemistry?  For two underperforming wingers in Mikheyev and Garland?  Or for a draft pick?  No.

And then it gets worse.  You're asking Arizona to take on an extra $3M in salary, which actually puts them right up against the cap.  They're not getting much in return for taking on overpaid salary.

And then we finally come to Vancouver's side.  You want to take on... Dumba for $3.9M (not 2.9), a player who has played so poorly for the Coyotes he is now one bad game away from being a healthy scratch.  He was bad at the end in Minnesota, he's been horseshit in Arizona and he will be horseshit here.  Whatever your expectations of him are, he is unlikely to meet them.

As for expecting Crouse & Bjugstad to re-create that chemistry here?  It's just an unnecessary gamble.  Those two guys are playing the best hockey of their careers and they like it right now in the desert.  They're comfortably fitting into that system and won't be happy about getting yanked from that.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

Coyotes say no, all day long to that proposal. 

That's heavily in favour of the Canucks. 

How does this trade proposal actually benefit Arizona? 

gives them 2 wingers that are top 9 at worst. familiarity with Garland, who is rumoured to be a guy this management group has wanted to move on from.

They get a 1st round pick

Flip Myers retained at the deadline for another asset.

I realize its too big of a deal but Crouse is the guy I would target and cemented on EP's wing. We need a strong winger to play with him imo

Not sure ARI is a good trading partner. The players that the Canucks might be open to trading: Kuzmenko, Mikheyev, Myers - all have M-NTCs, and Arizona is likely one of the teams on their No Trade List. 

The only other player I can see in a trade to ARI is Hoglander.

Thoughts on Hoglander+ for Crouse?  

7 hours ago, Viking said:

gives them 2 wingers that are top 9 at worst. familiarity with Garland, who is rumoured to be a guy this management group has wanted to move on from.

They get a 1st round pick

Flip Myers retained at the deadline for another asset.

I realize its too big of a deal but Crouse is the guy I would target and cemented on EP's wing. We need a strong winger to play with him imo

You are literally trying to snatch the two best players on their team right now.  And they're on the same line lighting it up.  Read my above post.

• Upvote 1