Hunter Brzustewicz | D

19 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

It’s been discussed a lot here.  

Im sure it’s in here. I’m not going to look it up for you right now, but if you are interested, google it up. 
His comments should be hard to find. 

https://www.canucksdaily.com/nhl-team/vancouver-canucks/major-top-prospect-hunter-brzustewicz-reveals-why-he-did-not-want-to-sign-in-vancouver

Well damn.  Had no idea.  I know we'd discussed his path to play here and it was always 2-3 seasons away but for him to say he didnt believe he had a potential opportunity to play is a bit out there as RHD depth has been an endless sore spot for this team since the early 2000s

Out he goes.  Shame we gave up so much more for Lindholm but out he goes for sure

• Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

It’s been discussed a lot here.  

Im sure it’s in here. I’m not going to look it up for you right now, but if you are interested, google it up. 
His comments should be hard to find. 

https://www.canucksdaily.com/nhl-team/vancouver-canucks/major-top-prospect-hunter-brzustewicz-reveals-why-he-did-not-want-to-sign-in-vancouver

3 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Well damn.  Had no idea.  I know we'd discussed his path to play here and it was always 2-3 seasons away but for him to say he didnt believe he had a potential opportunity to play is a bit out there as RHD depth has been an endless sore spot for this team since the early 2000s

Out he goes.  Shame we gave up so much more for Lindholm but out he goes for sure

Didn't realize he said this, but its not surprising.

From a team perspective I felt the same way tbh, that's why I was in favour of using him as a chip prior to the trade. A PP guy was always going to be in tough behind Hughes/Hronek, and was never going to be the matchup type guy Willander will be. 

5 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Didn't realize he said this, but its not surprising.

From a team perspective I felt the same way tbh, that's why I was in favour of using him as a chip prior to the trade. A PP guy was always going to be in tough behind Hughes/Hronek, and was never going to be the matchup type guy Willander will be. 

And there is still the risk he would become a jack rathbone type guy and not become an nhl player

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

I was disappointed when Hunter was included in the trade, as I think he will be a decent

NHL defenceman in a few years.  I was happy about the Lindholm return, but so far

it hasn't been very positive. 

If Lindy ups his game in the playoffs (maybe good enough to give him a contract),

the trade works for the Canucks.  If not, then he walks and our team ends up with

nothing in return for a 1st rounder and Hunter.  Unless you think Kuzy is a great cap dump

for that return, it will be considered a bad trade.

5 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

I was disappointed when Hunter was included in the trade, as I think he will be a decent

NHL defenceman in a few years.  I was happy about the Lindholm return, but so far

If Lindy ups his game in the playoffs (maybe good enough to give him a contract),

the trade works for the Canucks.  If not, then he walks and our team ends up with

nothing in return for a 1st rounder and Hunter.  Unless you think Kuzy is a great cap dump

Lindy's helped the team much more than Kuzy, not as expected offensively (mind you he's playing 3C & 2nd PP right now) but having an ace RH faceoff man & a top matchup C has added definite value. And getting out of Kuzy's contract was part of the math in the move.

If the team gets bounced in the 1st round I'd say the trade won't look as good - though the moving Kuzy part will still be a plus. If they go on a bit of a run it'll be totally worthwhile. If they bring him back on a reasonable deal (after either scenario) it will still be a good move imo. 

1 hour ago, higgyfan said:

I noticed that Kuzy did not play for the Flames last night. Not sure if he is injured or scratched.

On 3/15/2024 at 10:41 AM, higgyfan said:

On 3/15/2024 at 10:51 AM, Smashian Kassian said:

Lindy's helped the team much more than Kuzy, not as expected offensively (mind you he's playing 3C & 2nd PP right now) but having an ace RH faceoff man & a top matchup C has added definite value. And getting out of Kuzy's contract was part of the math in the move.

If the team gets bounced in the 1st round I'd say the trade won't look as good - though the moving Kuzy part will still be a plus. If they go on a bit of a run it'll be totally worthwhile. If they bring him back on a reasonable deal (after either scenario) it will still be a good move imo. 

Kuz definitely would have cost to move this or next year. Basically we're paying for a rental and a cap dump. Slightly pricey but not bad. The first was always getting traded so I'm not overly concerned. I just hope he pays dividends in the playoffs. That's a 100% where his worth and purpose of the trade will come. Not really overly relevant right now. We didn't need him for the stretch run.

I agree. If we make the second round and he contributes it was a reasonable trade, if not we kind of lose but ... that's a given and the nature of a TDL deal.

• Cheers 2