PGT - Flyers at Canucks - 12/28/23

PhillipBlunt

Are Canucks a playoff team this year? Yes

Are Canucks a true contender for the cup?

Not so sure.

yea they’ve played well this year but they should play better against an inferior team. What a lacklustre effort.

Management better wait to see what they do in the playoffs before handing Petey & Hronek their next contracts. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Dumb Nuck said:

A few years ago we were bottom of the barrel, I don’t expect the Cup this year, I expect playoff experience and the way we’re growing the Cup may come sooner that expected. We’re in a good place.

I agree they’ve done a complete 360 on what they used to be. But Philly does not have a single point per game player on their team, the Canucks have 4. We’re not talking about what they were previous years, we’re discussing what they are this point in time. 

we can’t even say the Canucks defence is small or pushovers either now with the acquisitions of Hronek/Cole/Zadorav. 

philly has been bottom of the barrel too the last couple years. No reason we should lose season series to them

• Jess pinned and featured this topic
Just now, CanuckMan said:

I agree they’ve done a complete 360 on what they used to be. But Philly does not have a single point per game player on their team, the Canucks have 4. We’re not talking about what they were previous years, we’re discussing what they are this point in time. 

we can’t even say the Canucks defence is small or pushovers either now with the acquisitions of Hronek/Cole/Zadorav. 

philly has been bottom of the barrel too the last couple years. No reason we should lose season series to them

Philly is the hottest team in the league since mid November, we’ve had points in our last 9 games. Fine, we had a stinker but what I really loved was the anger on the bench when we gave up the shorty, this team cares, has heart and has skill, we’ve been missing 2/3 of these for a long time. Don’t care about the loss, don’t care about the series, I love what I’m seeing and finally enjoying hockey again.

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1