Vancouver Canucks recall Linus Karlsson

17 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Karlsson, 24, was drafted by the Canucks in the third round of the 2018 draft and is in his second season of pro hockey in North America.

Think Tim Robinson GIF by NETFLIX

That guy ^ makes me laugh every time!  That face haha.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Tough luck for PDG, it just shows that we need lots of depth everywhere including in goal.

Linus Karlsson is a perfect example of the value of developing and keeping guys in the AHL; plus of course the value of getting them up with the big club.

Karlsson has good size to go with his years of experience and Tocchet (et al) know what they have in him.

I'm looking forward to seeing how he does this time; he has an opportunity to stick with The Big Daddy Canucks.

Here's a gif of those Very Wild and Hot-Riding Hot-Headed Big Daddy Canucks, led by none other than,

Big Daddy JT Miller as the team goes on a run through the East Coast NHL towns terrorizing and taking over:

200w.gif?cid=82a1493bisfh5ir6pb3csisredy

APB Bulletin:  Hide your women and keep your kids in their rooms.  Don't be fooled.  This ain't no party.

• Vintage 1

Linus Karlsson was one of the few successful pro-scouting trades of Benning. Dahlen was a promising prospect that soured with us and Benning made the right decision (in hindsight) to cut his losses to get Karlsson.

I'm not entirely sure why Dahlen ended up doing so poorly. It seemed that his attitude was not in the right place. It's too bad because he could've been playing wiith Pettersson if he had been willing to develop his game more.

This reminds me of a biased Swedish poster who was constantly pumping Dahlen's tires and blaming "primitive" North American coaching. Dahlen barely played two seasons of the AHL and has spent more professional hockey time in Sweden than North America.

Edited by PureQuickness
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, PureQuickness said:

Linus Karlsson was one of the few successful pro-scouting trades of Benning. Dahlen was a promising prospect that soured with us and Benning made the right decision (in hindsight) to cut his losses to get Karlsson.

I'm not entirely sure why Dahlen ended up doing so poorly. It seemed that his attitude was not in the right place. It's too bad because he could've been playing wiith Pettersson if he had been willing to develop his game more.

This reminds me of a biased Swedish poster who was constantly pumping Dahlen's tires and blaming "primitive" North American coaching. Dahlen barely played two seasons of the AHL and has spent more professional hockey time in Sweden than North America.

That was me and I was right also.

The handling of Dahlen and the finnish guy that left Utica is the reason Abby is run as it is today with among others the Sedins joining practises and check how it all works. 

Now it’s a modern approach to prospects where communication and support is fundamental in a multi million dollar business.

By the way, Dahlen got his chans with the Sharks and didn’t cut it.

I put him close to the same category as MacEwan, Virtanen… Those who didn’t have the hockey iq for the highest level.

So he fits nicely in SHL but not in NHL. 

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, LillStrimma said:

That was me and I was right also.

The handling of Dahlen and the finnish guy that left Utica is the reason Abby is run as it is today with among others the Sedins joining practises and check how it all works. 

Now it’s a modern approach to prospects where communication and support is fundamental in a multi million dollar business.

By the way, Dahlen got his chans with the Sharks and didn’t cut it.

I put him close to the same category as MacEwan, Virtanen… Those who didn’t have the hockey iq for the highest level.

So he fits nicely in SHL but not in NHL. 

Oh, come on... he's still around... we just saw him last night!  He's just a bit (or a lot) crazy and hot-headed is all.  Still in the show though - that's gotta count for something, right?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

Oh, come on... he's still around... we just saw him last night!  He's just a bit (or a lot) crazy and hot-headed is all.  Still in the show though - that's gotta count for something, right?

Yeah, here he ran around like a rabbit without structure.

But he ticks a lot of boxes for the old school fans we got here since he likes to fight and run over people.

If he could have learn team strategy I probably would have liked him here running over some dirtbags.

The fighting is just ridiculus.

Hit’em hard and thats it.

• Like 1