[proposal] - Andrei Kuzmenko for Josh Anderson seems like a logical solution for both teams.

To Canucks:  Josh Anderson

To Montreal:   Andrei Kuzmenko

Yes we've been down this road before on here but I'm going to bring it up again. 

Kuzmenko for Anderson.  

Both players get a much needed change of scenery.

Kuzmenko has a higher point total than Anderson but Anderson is bigger and more physical.  The exact same cap hit.   Seems like an even trade off to me.

Tocchet gets his power forward up front that can play with Petey while Kuzmenko goes to a more laissez-faire system where it may not always be necessary to blow other men into the boards on the forecheck. 

I brought up this proposal in another thread about a month ago but backed off on it because Josh Anderson was starting to heat up.

A month later however, and I think it's apparent that both players need a change of scenery.  

Mikheyev-Pettersson-Anderson 

Hoglander-Miller-Boeser 

Joshua-Bluegar-Garland 

PDG-Suter-Lafferty 

Hughes-Hronek

Zadorov-Soucy

Cole-Soucy

Demko

DeSmith

Edited by Jeremy Hronek
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Drakrami said:

Why are people still going for size for our top 6? This is the modern day NHL.. top 6 is filled with skill. Size is reserved for bottom 6. 

Tocchet’s system pretty much requires a fast power forward on every line. Currently we have 2, JT and Joshua. 
Anderson would be a great fit for Tocchet’s system. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

56 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

Tocchet’s system pretty much requires a fast power forward on every line. Currently we have 2, JT and Joshua. 
Anderson would be a great fit for Tocchet’s system. 

Yup. But Anderson is a cap dump so Habs add at least a second rounder. 

How is it apparent thst Anderson needs a change of scenery? He has 9 points in his last 13 games.  His coach has praised him and said he always believed in him,he got an emotional standing ovation from fans after a 1st star selection after a game and he was just awarded the Molson cup as Montreal's player of the month for December.  

Montreal Is very happy to keep him.   

Edited by qwijjibo
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, qwijjibo said:

How is it apparent thst Anderson needs a change of scenery? He has 9 points in his last 13 games.  His coach has praised him and said he always believed in him,he got an emotional standing ovation from fans after a 1st star selection after a game and he was just awarded the Molson cup as Montreal's player of the month for December.  

Anderson is doing well right now in MTL, Marty STL has been clear he really likes his game but he goes through periods of inconsistency like most wingers, I doubt they want kuzy 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, canucks curse said:

Anderson is doing well right now in MTL, Marty STL has been clear he really likes his game but he goes through periods of inconsistency like most wingers, I doubt they want kuzy 

Which is exactly what I was saying.  The op suggested Anderson needs a change of scenery when that couldnt be further from the truth 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, qwijjibo said:

Fair enough.  I was just looking at his overall stats for the season and they seem really underwhelming.  

While Kuzmenko has looked like Caitlyn Jenner throughout large parts of the season, he still has 19 points in 32 games........and this is with 5 healthy scratches, and 4th line minutes in Michael Jackson's fun house. And all of this under a system that clearly isn't suited to Kuzmenko's game. I guess what I'm getting at, is that I don't think this is a proposal in which Martin St. Louis automatically dunks the phone.  But I could be wrong.

Screenshot 2024-01-07 at 1.20.14 AM.png

20 minutes ago, canucks curse said:

11 points in 38 games at 5.5 million?   Kuz has 19 in 32 which has caused Thomas' Drance's estrogen levels to blow through the roof.  

If Marty St. Louis isn't atleast taking calls on Anderson, then buddy is fucked in the head.  

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, Drakrami said:

Why are people still going for size for our top 6? This is the modern day NHL.. top 6 is filled with skill. Size is reserved for bottom 6. 

Top 6 is filled with skill but size can't be a weakness either.  

Are teams like Vegas, Florida, Tampa, Colorado, and Dallas really 'small' up front?  

7 minutes ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

Fair enough.  I was just looking at his overall stats for the season and they seem really underwhelming.  

While Kuzmenko has looked like Caitlyn Jenner throughout large parts of the season, he still has 19 points in 32 games........and this is with 5 healthy scratches, and 4th line minutes in Michael Jackson's fun house. And all of this under a system that clearly isn't suited to Kuzmenko's game. I guess what I'm getting at, is that I don't think this is a proposal in which Martin St. Louis automatically dunks the phone.  But I could be wrong.

Screenshot 2024-01-07 at 1.20.14 AM.png

He had a very unlucky start to the season.hevgad zero goals in his first 23 games but had an expected goals of over 8  Despite thst he worked his ass off every shift.  His coach and gm both love what he brings to the table.   Also, MSL isn't the one taking calls. Hughes is. And Hughes turned down a 1st for Anderson last season 

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, Drakrami said:

You mean like St. Louis and Vegas won on skill?

Skill alone doesn't work. Our games against Philly and St. Louis can show that Skill can be outworked and outmuscled.

• ThereItIs 2

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

Yup. But Anderson is a cap dump so Habs add at least a second rounder. 

Kuz is a cap dump at this point, Anderson is a useful player but with a big contract. 
Not sure how that plays out but I think we are probably adding here. 

2 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

Kuz is a cap dump at this point, Anderson is a useful player but with a big contract. 
Not sure how that plays out but I think we are probably adding here. 

Anderson's cap hit isn't a problem for Montreal.  They like what he brings to the team. I dont see any potential for a deal involving these two players 

Folks really need to search for similar topics, not sure how many Kuzmenko for Anderson topics have been started and shut down by our resident Habs fans.

Too bad there aren't many power wingers available in the league in general (Kreider/ Tuch/ Tkachuks, etc. are non-starters) and the ones that are we probably don't want (Meier is slumping, Anderson is inconsistent, some other big wingers are bottom-6 guys...).  Tippett would be great if the Flyers fall off, but I'm sure there's some big, hard-working winger with some skill that Allvin probably has his eye on.  

40 minutes ago, qwijjibo said:

Anderson's cap hit isn't a problem for Montreal.  They like what he brings to the team. I dont see any potential for a deal involving these two players 

Oh I don’t really either but  do think it would be great. I like Kuz but it is clear he isn’t good fit with Tocch and Pettey needs a big PF on his wing in this system. 

7 minutes ago, Phil_314 said:

Folks really need to search for similar topics, not sure how many Kuzmenko for Anderson topics have been started and shut down by our resident Habs fans.

Some of those were made by me about a month or so back but Anderson's point totals are still quite low (and yes I concede that he had a solid December).  Hence, my proposal.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, qwijjibo said:

He had a very unlucky start to the season.hevgad zero goals in his first 23 games but had an expected goals of over 8  Despite thst he worked his ass off every shift.  His coach and gm both love what he brings to the table.   Also, MSL isn't the one taking calls. Hughes is. And Hughes turned down a 1st for Anderson last season 

Turning down a 1st for Anderson is a massive L imo. 

2 hours ago, qwijjibo said:

You're dreaming if you think Arizona makes that deal 

Well I guess your value of Crouse or Kuzmenko differs from mine. Plus, without dreams we'd live dull lives

2 hours ago, CR7 said:

Kuzzy to Arizona for Crouse & a 2nd

But I'd prefer Tochett to just play him

Crouse would be an absolute dream, guys a monster. We'd have to add a lot on top of Kuz to make it work.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

10 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

You mean like St. Louis and Vegas won on skill?

Skill alone doesn't work. Our games against Philly and St. Louis can show that Skill can be outworked and outmuscled.

Which leading NHL team or past cup champions prioritize size and have big physical players in their top 6? They all have skill, someone who can create plays and/or pot in 30 goals. 

On 1/6/2024 at 2:34 PM, Jim Tim said:

Crouse would be an absolute dream, guys a monster. We'd have to add a lot on top of Kuz to make it work.

Why is Crouse value so high on these boards? I don't think he's worth Kuzmenko straight up. Because he's big and can skate? That hasn't always worked out for us... He's topped out at 45 points. He a middle/bottom 6 forward. Top 6 forward in Kuzmenko is worth more IMO