See Ya

The ads help pay for the site, not us...admin/mods are volunteers.  As a matter of fact, I believe one admin who shall not be named contributes out of pocket so you couldn't be more wrong.

You can always contribute by donation if you'd like. 🙂 This was an alternative that we thought we'd try to see if it could sustain the site without reaching out to members for help. Ribs has worked hard to come up with this site despite the rug being pulled on the other one. 

Cheers.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

31 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

The ads help pay for the site, not us...admin/mods are volunteers.  As a matter of fact, I believe one admin who shall not be named contributes out of pocket so you couldn't be more wrong.

You can always contribute by donation if you'd like. This was an alternative that we thought we'd try to see if it could sustain the site without reaching out to members for help.

I keep the ads on my phone, blocker on my laptop. I do most of my CDC/cff on my phone, but the ads are a real pain for my work so that works best for my situation.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Bob Long said:

Damn. I hope you don't do any banking on that thing.

Hahaha.

Online banking, me? that might make my wife faint out of shock. 

No social media ( other than this CFF), no online shopping, no cloud, no banking, nothin.

I am such a cash man that I didn't get a credit card until i was about 30 and that was just my wife 'adding' me to hers.

Had to get a credit line that I barely used, to build up my credit score, found out no-score is bad ( dunno why).

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 3

30 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Hahaha.

Online banking, me? that might make my wife faint out of shock. 

No social media ( other than this CFF), no online shopping, no cloud, no banking, nothin.

yeah CFF is all I do as well, and I probably shouldn't even be doing that. Can't stand the Insta's, etc. 

30 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I am such a cash man that I didn't get a credit card until i was about 30 and that was just my wife 'adding' me to hers.

Had to get a credit line that I barely used, to build up my credit score, found out no-score is bad ( dunno why).

with the property you have you must be hounded by the bank to take on credit lines, etc. 

the bad score is because you don't use it. Ironic eh?

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

yeah CFF is all I do as well, and I probably shouldn't even be doing that. Can't stand the Insta's, etc. 

with the property you have you must be hounded by the bank to take on credit lines, etc. 

the bad score is because you don't use it. Ironic eh?

The banks do know... and used to make calls. Wife handles them though, she did 13 years working for RBC/Visa so she can talk the lingo. 

2 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

The banks do know... and used to make calls. Wife handles them though, she did 13 years working for RBC/Visa so she can talk the lingo. 

I use credit for the freebies. I run everything I can through a card with good points. Paid for 1/2 my trip to Japan last year. So it can be worth it.

I hated having a mortgage tho, the big numbers bugged me. 

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

I use credit for the freebies. I run everything I can through a card with good points. Paid for 1/2 my trip to Japan last year. So it can be worth it.

I hated having a mortgage tho, the big numbers bugged me. 

Oh for sure.

I know I am missing out but I keep my life as simple as I can. I think not running ccards has helped me get ahead too. I give myself an allownace in a way. If I cant afford it , i dont buy it.

Still have a mortgage but I am in a lucky spot that I can pay it off if I want. Renewal is up in Nov, so I'll see where the rates are at and decide. 

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

Oh for sure.

I know I am missing out but I keep my life as simple as I can. I think not running ccards has helped me get ahead too. I give myself an allownace in a way. If I cant afford it , i dont buy it.

we never carry a balance, we actually have weekly meetings on our home budget. Woo, party. But its really been great for our relationship, we've never even had a hint of a snit over money. 

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

Still have a mortgage but I am in a lucky spot that I can pay it off if I want. Renewal is up in Nov, so I'll see where the rates are at and decide. 

us too, decided to pay it off in December. Happy as a clam that we did. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Bob Long said:

we never carry a balance, we actually have weekly meetings on our home budget. Woo, party. But its really been great for our relationship, we've never even had a hint of a snit over money. 

us too, decided to pay it off in December. Happy as a clam that we did. 

F' yeah.

That's awesome Jim. Congrats. 

My wife and I are great with cash. A real team. We share everything. Both our incomes have always gone into one savings account ( with some other little things). The only time its tricky is if we want to surprise the other with an expensive gift as we both know the bank balance. But, thats not a bad problem to have. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

6 hours ago, Rob Eh said:

I hope Adobe pays you well, i can't use this site.

There's a lot to unpack here, even in such a short statement. I'll take a slightly different approach.

So, after waking from a coma you've been in since 1998, a lot has changed. Nothing more important than "learning to adapt." 

One more thing. It's 2024, and one of the biggest changes you'll see is that we don't listen to music on CDs anymore, there's this "app" that people use called Spotify...

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, -dlc- said:

You can always contribute by donation if you'd like. 🙂 This was an alternative that we thought we'd try to see if it could sustain the site without reaching out to members for help. Ribs has worked hard to come up with this site despite the rug being pulled on the other one. 

Cheers.

Isn't the other site still open?   🤨