Oilers’ Evander Kane allegedly had ex-wife thrown out of game

https://canoe.com/sports/hockey/nhl/kane-allegedly-had-ex-wife-thrown-out-of-game/wcm/a419d4b8-e7ae-4ef5-aeb9-856e71384dc6

Edmonton Oilers left winger Evander Kane plays against the Detroit Red Wings. Edmonton Oilers left winger Evander Kane plays against the Detroit Red Wings. AP Photo

This time, it was Evander Kane sending someone to the penalty box and not the other way around.

Advertisement 2
Article content

The Edmonton Oilers power forward allegedly had his ex-wife, Anna Kane, removed from the team’s game against the Red Wings last week for violating a restraining order he has against the mother of his child

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Still obsessed with me?

This used to be a rule on the other forum.  It's one thing if this incident happened on camera during a game, or if he missed time/got cut (ie. Nichuskin or Perry).  But this is just family stuff boiling over.

10. You will respect the personal privacy of players/management(past and present) and their families.

Discussions about players or management that have nothing to do with hockey (including talking about how good looking the players are) are strongly discouraged. You will not post personal and/or private pictures of players/management.

No such rule in the current guidelines, though.

If you see something you think may be a violation, please use the report button rather than mini modding in thread.

I'm so glad we steered clear of Kane. I mean, no matter what, this is drama that the team would NOT need to be involved with. 

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, -dlc- said:

If you see something you think may be a violation, please use the report button rather than mini modding in thread.

I'm so glad we steered clear of Kane. I mean, no matter what, this is drama that the team would NOT need to be involved with. 

Exactly, but one thing that’s noteworthy here is that Kane has full custody of their child. She isn’t even allowed visitation. Which should speak a lot of both of their characters. 

• Cheers 2

20 minutes ago, Northern_Nuck said:

Exactly, but one thing that’s noteworthy here is that Kane has full custody of their child. She isn’t even allowed visitation. Which should speak a lot of both of their characters. 

Kane has millions to spend on lawyers. She doesn’t. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Northern_Nuck said:

Courts NEVER keep mothers away from their children. My Ex wife tried killing our children, and the judge gave her supervised visitation. 

Each case is different. Your personal experience is terrible. Thank goodness your children are safe. 
But Kane does have millions for lawyers and his ex does not. 

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Each case is different. Your personal experience is terrible. Thank goodness your children are safe. 
But Kane does have millions for lawyers and his ex does not. 

He does, but any impartial judge should  be able to recognize that. I’d just think that the mom would get at least visitation or maybe every second weekend or something if it was strictly a money/lawyer quality issue. 
 But you could be right, i think because the American system would probably be different then ours. 

• Cheers 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/17/2024 at 7:35 AM, Northern_Nuck said:

He does, but any impartial judge should  be able to recognize that. I’d just think that the mom would get at least visitation or maybe every second weekend or something if it was strictly a money/lawyer quality issue. 
 But you could be right, i think because the American system would probably be different then ours. 

I had been casually following the situation with both characters. Let's be clear: Kane has his own baggage (very problematic in their own right), but the woman is ALSO worthy of scrutiny.

I remember an extended discussion about the things she did would result in others being accused of "sexism", even if you are calling out both parties. To summarize what his ex-wife was like: she would not (at the time, not sure about now) seek a job, yet would complain about how Kane was not bringing money home, which potentially reflects how bad of a dad he might have been. At the same time, while complaining about the lack of money, she uses social media to drive around and make videos. Then there's also the jeering/taunting of Kane's gambling problem. Like I said, both parties have their issues, but Kane's ex-wife was quite obsessive and vindictive.

IMHO, neither of them are fit to be parents, but if the kids had to be brought up, Evander would've been FOR SURE the better choice. That's really telling of how immature his ex-wife is as a person.

Not sure if anything has changed with either of them. I haven't been following anymore.