[Proposal] Kuzmenko to Florida seems too logical, doesn't it?

Wanted to get your guys thoughts on this one.

Florida is coming of a SC appearance and are currently one of the top teams in the league. But, unlike the pre-Tkachuk Panthers who were high-flying and outscoring their competition... they are winning on the back-bone of a strong defensive system (4th best with 2.56 GA/GP) with limited offense  at 3.16 GF/GP which is 5th worst among top 16 teams in league and middle of the pack in the entire NHL.

when you do a deep dive in their numbers, there is concern for a team that has Stanley Cup asperation:

• Reinhart and Verhaeghe account for 40.44% of the entire team goals.
  • Only 5 players on the team with more than 8 goals 
  • Their current bottom six of Loustarinen, Lundell, Lomberg, Gadjovich, Stenlund and Lockwood combined YTD for a total of 19 goals and 40 points <-- abysmal 
  • 2nd in the league with 34.1 Shots / Game ... but lack finishers

Overall I really think Florida is looking for a scoring winger to complement the team and I have a feeling that Kuzmenko is probably on their target board... too me it just too much sense. Why not add a high-skill finisher which they really do seem they need?

Additionally Florida is not operating in LTIR and are banking cap space, they are projected to have 5,929,221 in cap space at the deadline.

So, what are your thoughts on Kuzy to Florida?

How about Kuzy + Arshdeep Bains (who would probably slot in 4th line right away) for Anton Lundell?

Canucks would than use that cap space from this trade to go an acquire another winger up front (e.g. Vatrano?)

Thoughts?

I've always liked Lundell.  I'd do the trade.  I don't think it'll help in terms of getting offence out of our 2nd line without something additional to add a top 6 winger to it though, so yes, a Vatrano trade as well could be what we would need after that.

1 minute ago, Pears said:

Florida is very high on Lundell and he's a big reason why they're so strong defensively, not very likely they entertain moving him. 

True but you must give something to get something. and I'd argue the reason they're so good defensively is because of Barkov and Bennett down the middle, they match up vs L1 and L2 in every game. Lundell takes L3 and L4 match-ups.

Florida also has a prime window of this year and next. They have many players on team friendly deals that they'll need to re-negotiate (Reinhart, Verhaeghe, Bennett, Ekblad, Montour and Forsling))

kuzmenko fits that window better in my opinion and offers better roster construction over Lundell.

4 hours ago, bh90 said:

So, what are your thoughts on Kuzy to Florida?

How about Kuzy + Arshdeep Bains (who would probably slot in 4th line right away) for Anton Lundell?

Canucks would than use that cap space from this trade to go an acquire another winger up front (e.g. Vatrano?)

Thoughts?

Kuzmenko isn't finishing as much this year.

He can't be that attractive to other teams unless they can buy low on him.

Too many people sleeping on Bains. I can see him coming in the fall and taking a spot at least on the third/fourth line and making an impact. We are bound to lose one of Bluegar, Joshua, or Lafferty. Will need a cheap replacement for sure. 
Bains has come out of no where and instantly become one of the best players on the farm. Going to the AHL all star game. I see him becoming a burrows like player.

I don't see how it's logical for us. For Kuzy maybe. He can train in the off season at home in the Florida sun instead of Bali!😉🙂

Other than the proposed Reinhart, is there anyone else of note that they'd be willing to part with for a Kuzy package?