[Signing] Oilers sign Corey Perry to a one-year contract ($775K + performance bonuses)

• Rubik changed the title to [Rumour] Oilers are expected to sign Corey Perry
3 minutes ago, Wing said:

Well this is interesting...so is this their significant trade deadline move? I thought they essentially have zero cap space.

Likely a league min deal.

Rather have Kessel if we’re shopping in the discount bin.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Likely a league min deal.

I hope it screws their team chemistry. 

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Rather have Kessel if we’re shopping in the discount bin.

yep. We don't need the worm. I look forward to Zadorov driving Perrys old ass into the ice. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

That's too bad, was hoping the Canucks would sign Perry. Canucks need more playoff experience up front. 

As it is, Hoglander, Kuzmenko, Aman and Suter have never played in the playoffs and several players only have a handful of games played in the playoffs. Blueger is the only forward with plenty of experience.  

I don't know how they'll do in the post season with so little experience. They need to add if they want to do anything past Round 1. 

• Cheers 2

His run is over, he didn’t look the same last year, takes to many pims for what he brings, unless oilers stick him with mccrybaby and Hyman to make up his lack of speed I don’t see him being rostered on any contender….. does anyone here think he would make our team right now? 

7 minutes ago, Captain insano said:

His run is over, he didn’t look the same last year, takes to many pims for what he brings, unless oilers stick him with mccrybaby and Hyman to make up his lack of speed I don’t see him being rostered on any contender….. does anyone here think he would make our team right now? 

To be fair and you're not wrong. He does however draw more than he takes pretty consistently.  

Oilers are a well oiled machine right now.. 21 - 3 in their 24 games.

Their new coach has them playing like a defensive juggernaut.  Allowed 2 goals or less in 11 straight games.. that's a crazy record..

Perry will help in the locker room he'll help with experience and he'll bring some meanness and nastiness on the ice..

Cheap prorated contracted. It's a win win situation.  

I would have loved to get Perry on the Canucks. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Vintage 2

17 minutes ago, Captain insano said:

image.png.29a5e2c6380f943d5e0190a3ef2fbf23.png

You don't think we could use this?

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

image.png.29a5e2c6380f943d5e0190a3ef2fbf23.png

You don't think we could use this?

Projected to same number of games, Hoggy has better numbers in fewer mins/game. 

I'm sure he can help with his experience, but I trust JR/PA in determining what fits the team.  They probably want a 2C.

Nux don't need more distractions from off ice drama anyway.  

9 minutes ago, Pears said:

But he did lose in the first round with Tampa last year 🤫

His luck has washed up. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1