[Proposal] Some other TDL ideas - are these values realistic?

Trade 1

To VAN: Fabbro

To NSH: Kuzmenko

VAN gets a young puck moving Dman who is RFA next season and gives them some insurance for an injury to Hronek in the playoffs. NSH gets a goal scoring winger to help them improve and push for a playoff spot.

Trade 2

To VAN: Mittelstadt

To BUF: 2024 1st round pick

BUF has a wealth of young forward talent and Mittelstadt is RFA with arbitration next season, so BUF avoids the risk and takes a 1st round pick as reward to help them with their rebuild. VAN gets a 25 year old top 6 C/W. Is this enough payment for Mittelstadt? Do we need to add?

Trade 3

To VAN: Bjugstad (50% retained)

To ARI: Raty + Hirose

VAN gets a 6'6", middle-6 right handed C/W who is strong on faceoffs and can score (on pace for 49 pts this season). Bjugstad is signed through next season and at 50% will only cost $1.05m AAV. ARI gets a blue chip center prospect in Raty that will be NHL ready next season and fits the age of their group, as well as a young Dman in addition, for taking on the 50% retention.

These moves are focused on things I think we need in the playoffs (another puck moving RD, another top 6 scoring forward, a right handed C) but also with an eye towards next season and the future.

Lots of different ways to organise the lines but looks something like this:

image.thumb.png.dc5535d47ef995adf5f5cf6ae5d2c6f4.png

I wouldn't do Trade #1. I'd rather keep Kuzmenko than add Fabbro.

Trade #2 could be interesting.  Mittelstadt might be putting it together with a 59 point season last year, and on pace for 68 points this year... might be costly to re-sign him though.  Although Mittelstadt @ 50% for this year would mean we could fit him in without taking anything away from our current roster, which would make us a lot stronger for the playoff run.  I think BUF would want more than just a late 1st round pick though.

If we acquire Mittelstadt, we don't need Trade #3.

• Cheers 1

Fabbro's not that great, no to #1.  Someone else from Nashville IMO.
Doubt we can afford Mittlestadt, and I'd rather not trade a 1st for them (we'll be fine up the middle when we split Miller and Petey, and we should just stack them when we need an offensive boost).  I'd rather just target a Henrique.
No way Arizona trades Bjugstad at this point.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Miss Korea said:

Oh man.  Bjugstad is a $2M centre with 27 points in 45 games.  You think you can get him at half retained for Akito Hirose?

Raty + Hirose was the proposed offer. I have seen plenty of Arizona fans proposing to trade Bjug for a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

Edited by BigTramFan

40 minutes ago, Phil_314 said:

Fabbro's not that great, no to #1.  Someone else from Nashville IMO.
Doubt we can afford Mittlestadt, and I'd rather not trade a 1st for them (we'll be fine up the middle when we split Miller and Petey, and we should just stack them when we need an offensive boost).  I'd rather just target a Henrique.
No way Arizona trades Bjugstad at this point.

Despite being super close in the standings right now, I think Nashville have a shot at a wild card slot and Arizona will sink.

Hence, I believe NSH will be looking to add rather than sell at the TDL. I think it is the kind of move they might make. Which NSH player would you target?

Arizona are not going to be competitive for a while and would be wise to continue trading their older players for young upcoming talent.

1 hour ago, BigTramFan said:

Despite being super close in the standings right now, I think Nashville have a shot at a wild card slot and Arizona will sink.

Hence, I believe NSH will be looking to add rather than sell at the TDL. I think it is the kind of move they might make. Which NSH player would you target?

Arizona are not going to be competitive for a while and would be wise to continue trading their older players for young upcoming talent.

I think we could target some mix of Lauzon, Carrier (young, mobile, physical D) or Parssinen or Cole Smith (one of their skilled depth forwards).

17 hours ago, Phil_314 said:

I think we could target some mix of Lauzon, Carrier (young, mobile, physical D) or Parssinen or Cole Smith (one of their skilled depth forwards).

Lauzon and Smith would be excellent, but both have term, so I can't see NSH trading those 2 players.

Parssinen was promising last season but has taken a step back this season. I don't see a role for him on a Canucks playoff team.

Carrier is an interesting one, excellent puck mover and plays a lot of PK. Would be an ideal insurance candidate for a playoff injury to Hronek/Hughes (although realistically we are f*cked if Hughes go down). Carrier is a bit undersized but has some play-off experience. I wonder what the cost would be for him?

The Canucks could add both Lindholm and Tanev while needing to move out one of Kuzy (I say no), Garland (again a no, but a softer one) or Mik (good on PK and recovering his speed, just not yet).

Either of Lindholm or Tanev could be had with a third team included with 50% retention at each step and then some gymnastics with roster movement. What gymnastics, well move Friedman down and then someone like Karlsson ... that should clear enough space to move either one of Tanev of Lindholm in alone. Replace Karlsson with a cheaper call up if needed or keep in Abby ... not really thought that one through.

Moving out Garland for Lindholm completes the transactions. 

This will of course cost the Canucks but probably not as much as one would think ... I.e., no 1st round pick or grade A assets.

Anyway, musing away for  ow but seems to work. Just what is the impact of moving one of Garland, Mik or Kuz on immediate chemistry and longer term.. 

Edited by Rocket-68