2024 Stadium Series and SJS jerseys revealed

Ok some of these Stadium series are ugly… Isles look too much like The Oilers’ 3rd..  NYR is ugly, the Devil look pretty cool, Flyers…. is, well…Flyers… all of their jerseys look so similar… 

But those ridiculous oversize logos is not a good look… 

Winter Classics always get the normal sizing, and still plays in stadiums. Yet, the Stadium series always goes BIG on their logos and numbers. Just because it’s designed for outdoor stadiums, and better to see from the distance..? 🤷🏼‍♀️

Now the Sharks look sweet! Only thing I’m not a fan of using double Fins logo on the jersey. You already have one on the shoulders, and it look a bit boring on the front.  I’m a fans of the stripes, it look almost like water ripples.

Edited by Crimson JH
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

19 hours ago, Crimson JH said:

Ok some of these Stadium series are ugly… Isles look too much like The Oilers’ 3rd..  NYR is ugly, the Devil look pretty cool, Flyers…. is, well…Flyers… all of their jerseys look so similar… 

But those ridiculous oversize logos is not a good look… 

Winter Classics always get the normal sizing, and still plays in stadiums. Yet, the Stadium series always goes BIG on their logos and numbers. Just because it’s designed for outdoor stadiums, and better to see from the distance..? 🤷🏼‍♀️

Now the Sharks look sweet! Only thing I’m not a fan of using double Fins logo on the jersey. You already have one on the shoulders, and it look a bit boring on the front.  I’m a fans of the stripes, it look almost like water ripples.

PHI's and SJ's look good/decebt.   Isle's ... would rather see the fisherman back,  that's terrible.   Teams going back to black, that's because, the entire league likes them.    Tried stealing our colours once before ... Time to make the change in the playoffs  ... and our intro song of course needs to be AC/DC's, Back in Black! 

13 hours ago, Kevin Biestra said:

Damn I like that Sharks one.

As usual, SJ knocks it out of the park.   Have a mag, about ten years old, that used a dozen well to do graphic designers, and asked them to rank the 50 best uniforms (any level of hockey, international too).   SJ was number one (original uniform I think).   Sweden - Tre Korner, CHI, Det, Leafs, Trail Smoke Eaters, Habs, PHI also made the top ten (one version of theirs anyways).   Quite a few NHL didn't make it.   We were one of them, but they did have some nice things to say about the SIR and Skate.   Both they said, we're ahead of their time, and deserving of the cut, just too many uniforms they had too cut.   They weren't a fan of the Orca, kind of ripped it apart, but did say it got better changing the colours.    Whalers and SIR got props for use of negative space and simplicity.    Sabres didn't get in either - shows how hard it was to really, hundreds of uniforms were considered (every junior team, international ones,  USSR etc).

They liked the SIR, the Skate(V), saying both were way ahead of their time.    And touched on how teams going black in the 90's, had a lot to do with us, our identity, other teams wanted some of that (Buffalo, Dallas, Flames..so many teams went super dark to black around the same time we re-branded and got, well even darker). 

Edit:  Trail Smoke Eaters.   Winning the World Championships, goes to show how many great hockey players that region creates and draws in.    It's still a boss uniform ... for anyone who wonders if we had a connection as a province to the orange and black ... well there it is. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Vintage 1

On 1/26/2024 at 1:19 PM, Master Mind said:

Those Isles and NYR jerseys are some of the worst I've seen in a while.

The other three are pretty nice.

Yup, them are ugly. Maybe they are so big because they are so hard to see from an outdoor stadium. I've been to a couple of those. the hockey absolutely sucks and isn't even worth watching. It's just the atmosphere and setting that's cool.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

Yup, them are ugly. Maybe they are so big because they are so hard to see from an outdoor stadium. I've been to a couple of those. the hockey absolutely sucks and isn't even worth watching. It's just the atmosphere and setting that's cool.

I actually enjoyed the WC in Seattle. The Kraken helps the Canucks in the division standing-wise with a big win against the VGK. Not just the atmosphere was amazing, the weather (chilly and partly cloudy 🌤️), the sweaters (except the Knights), and they put a lot into the event from the anthems, fish Yeats, some bands, local legends visiting, etc… 

But I find it so strange that why the Stadium series get oversized logos/numbers? And yet WC are normal and vintage looking, even the games still take place at stadium settings too.