Aman

Hughes-Hronek

Soucy-Tanev

Zadorov-Myers

Cole

Juulsen

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Canuck fans. Management sucks they always trade away our 2nd round picks!

Also Canuck fans. Proposals to trade our second round picks....

When rebuilding? Yes.  Sucks to trade away 2nds.  When trying to compete for a cup? 2nds won't help for likely 4 to 5 years which would be well outside a contending window.

11 minutes ago, qwijjibo said:

The rumored price for Monahan is a 1st. There's going to be several interested teams.  I doubt 2 disappointing depth prospects gets Hughes's attention.  Especially if you want retention. 

lol, just a brutal one sided offer from a Canucks fan. McDonough is absolutely brutal and Johansson isn't much better. 

I'd like to see the Canucks in on him but it's going to take a lot more than that. Not sure we have what it takes as I don't want to give up our first. Maybe 2025 2nd and Brzustewicz is getting closer?

Do you thin Monahan could play the Horvat role on the PP?

Edited by Gawdzukes

Just now, Gawdzukes said:

lol, just a brutal one sided offer from a Canucks fan. McDonough is absolutely brutal and Johansson isn't much better. 

I'd like to see the Canucks in on him but it's going to take a lot more than that. Not sure we have what it takes as I don't want to give up our first. Maybe 2025 2nd and Brzustewicz is getting closer?

Brustewicz might be interesting If Montreal didn't already have Hutson.  But with Hutson in the organization I doubt they have much interest in another diminutive offensive D.  That said the value is probably in the right ballpark 

2 minutes ago, qwijjibo said:

Brustewicz might be interesting If Montreal didn't already have Hutson.  But with Hutson in the organization I doubt they have much interest in another diminutive offensive D.  That said the value is probably in the right ballpark 

Yeah, that's what I felt too. You guys are kind of set on young D and D prospects. I'm sure you'd like a Center back but we only have Raty and I don't think we can part with him because of it. 

Damn, Monahan sure checks a lot of boxes for me as to what I think we're looking for.

13 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Do you thin Monahan could play the Horvat role on the PP?

Monahan can certainly play the bumper and has performed decently on the Habs PP in that role.  But we are essentially a 1-unit powerplay, and I'm sure Vancouver wants to see if they can ride Suter first.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, qwijjibo said:

The rumored price for Monahan is a 1st. There's going to be several interested teams.  I doubt 2 disappointing depth prospects gets Hughes's attention.  Especially if you want retention. 

They can ask for a 1st until they're  faces turn blue.  We'll see if they get that.

• ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Miss Korea said:

Monahan can certainly play the bumper and has performed decently on the Habs PP in that role.  But we are essentially a 1-unit powerplay, and I'm sure Vancouver wants to see if they can ride Suter first.

Yeah definitely a 1-unit PP.

After his game the other day I agree he's gonna get the chance but I don't think he is the answer. I've seen enough in the previous games he played on the PP and the second line. Monahan has a better shot, bigger body and is grittier/nasty. 

23 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Yeah definitely a 1-unit PP.

After his game the other day I agree he's gonna get the chance but I don't think he is the answer. I've seen enough in the previous games he played on the PP and the second line. Monahan has a better shot, bigger body and is grittier/nasty. 

One of the best playmaking bumpers in the NHL is Brayden Point and he is pretty small, even smaller than Pius Suter if I'm not mistaken.

So Point = Suter.  Yup.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

One of the best playmaking bumpers in the NHL is Brayden Point and he is pretty small, even smaller than Pius Suter if I'm not mistaken.

So Point = Suter.  Yup.

=  winning charlie sheen GIF

😃

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

We'll see...

Explain to me how what you offered has any value compared to a C who's near the top of the league in faceoff percentage, is on a 50+ point pace, is defensively sound, can play up and down the lineup, and has a cap hit of under $2m?  You think the best offer will be a couple future waiver wire victims? 

Just now, qwijjibo said:

Explain to me how what you offered has any value compared to a C who's near the top of the league in faceoff percentage, is on a 50+ point pace, is defensively sound, can play up and down the lineup, and has a cap hit of under $2m?  You think the best offer will be a couple future waiver wire victims? 

Because teams always ask for more than what they get.  We all thought Chychrun would get more than what he did considering the hype around him and he landed a 1st, a 2nd and a 2nd in 2026.  A better comparable was Granlund last year.  On pace for 50 points, plays up and down the lineup, defensively responsible... a measly 2nd round pick was the cost.

Monahan is a rental and not every teams first choice.  I think there was something about how Allvin and JR think of him as a 3C, so I'm sure other teams see it the same.

• ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, HKSR said:

They can ask for a 1st until they're  faces turn blue.  We'll see if they get that.

Yup. Monnohands will get a third, including retention. He’s just not a guy who helps a team win. He looks decent on an embarrassingly bad Habs’ team. He’s just not going to help a team that is good. 

Just now, HKSR said:

Because teams always ask for more than what they get.  We all thought Chychrun would get more than what he did considering the hype around him and he landed a 1st, a 2nd and a 2nd in 2026.  A better comparable was Granlund last year.  On pace for 50 points, plays up and down the lineup, defensively responsible... a measly 2nd round pick was the cost.

Monahan is a rental and not every teams first choice.  I think there was something about how Allvin and JR think of him as a 3C, so I'm sure other teams see it the same.

A 2nd is a substantially better return than 2 crap stalled prospects that wouldn't be in Montreals top 20 

2 minutes ago, qwijjibo said:

A 2nd is a substantially better return than 2 crap stalled prospects that wouldn't be in Montreals top 20 

I disagree.  Johansson and McDonough still have solid value, especially Johansson.  He's only 23yo and a RHD.  He's no worse than a late 2nd round pick because that's what it would be if Monahan is traded to a contender.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I disagree.  Johansson and McDonough still have solid value, especially Johansson.  He's only 23yo and a RHD.  He's no worse than a late 2nd round pick because that's what it would be if Monahan is traded to a contender.

Johansson is about to turn 24 and hasn't played a single nhl game.  He's as close to bust territory as you can get.  He's not remotely worth a late 2nd. 

3 minutes ago, qwijjibo said:

Johansson is about to turn 24 and hasn't played a single nhl game.  He's as close to bust territory as you can get.  He's not remotely worth a late 2nd. 

McDonough is a bust too I guess? Classic case of undervaluing our guys and overvaluing other team's players.

• ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, HKSR said:

McDonough is a bust too I guess? Classic case of undervaluing our guys and overvaluing other team's players.

What has he done as a 24 year old to suggest he has any value to an NHL team?  He's not even producing in the ahl.  He's a filler player. 

Just now, qwijjibo said:

What has he done as a 24 year old to suggest he has any value to an NHL team?  He's not even producing in the ahl.  He's a filler player. 

You're over valuing Monahan.  Granlund was a very similar case last year.  Then 2 years ago Max Domi was also on a 50 point pace and he was packaged up with Tyler inamoto for Aiden Hreschuk.  These middle 6 type forwards don't go for as much as you think they do when they're pending UFAs.  

• ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

You're over valuing Monahan.  Granlund was a very similar case last year.  Then 2 years ago Max Domi was also on a 50 point pace and he was packaged up with Tyler inamoto for Aiden Hreschuk.  These middle 6 type forwards don't go for as much as you think they do when they're pending UFAs.  

Hockey insiders are suggesting he gets a 1st+ . Meanwhile you're trying to pawn off two failed prospects as value