Elias Lindholm is a Vancouver Canuck!

To Vancouver:     Elias Lindholm.  Centre. Former 40 goal scorer. Expiring $4+M contract

To Calgary:     Andre Kuzmenko,  Hunter Bruschevicz,   J Jurmo,  2024 1st round pick,  conditional 4th round pick

We're ALL IN, gang!!

• Vintage 1

So we get what looks like a perfect fit, pp, pk, selke nominee and 650k cap space for...

A talented guy who is barely playing and is not getting it, a 28-32 pick, a high achieving OHL dman, an underachieving Finnish dman who will never make the NHL, and a 4th.  (We also get rid of Kuz salary for next year.)(keep in mind we got Kuz for nothing)

I want to say I really wish Kuz well, he didn't fit this system, but he is a fun, talented, and classy guy!

• Like 4

It's taking a while to get this thread going.  I think this is another stroke of genius on the part of the Savant level Pro Scouting.  We gave up a 30th-32th pick OA, a 3rd round pick and Kuzmenko.  

Wow - certainly lots of futures for the present.  If Lindholm can be that "extra" presence in the near term, think both teams will be happy.  

Losing Brz hurts a bit though given the season if he was having - think his trajectory would have been in Abby in the next 1-2 years followed by some seasoning so was a 2-3 year timeline anyway.  

Welcome to Vancouver Elias, and also the very best wishes to the Canuck players leaving for Calgary, especially current player Kuz. 

Just Win.jpg

Edited by hockeyfan-observer
  • Cheers 1

As exciting as the potential of Hunter B was, in all honesty I remember Jack Rathbone having more hype and look what that turned out to be so great job selling him at his highest value, that being said he might pan out really well and bite us later, but we’re winnning the cup this year anyways

• Cheers 1

40 minutes ago, JohnEh said:

To Vancouver:     Elias Lindholm.  Centre. Former 40 goal scorer. Expiring $4+M contract

To Calgary:     Andre Kuzmenko,  Hunter Bruschevicz,   J Jurmo,  2024 1st round pick,  conditional 4th round pick

We're ALL IN, gang!!

Im am over the moon excited

payment was way lower than expected especially considering Boston and Colorado were likely in on him 

Just now, Papa Sawce said:

As exciting as the potential of Hunter B was, in all honesty I remember Jack Rathbone having more hype and look what that turned out to be so great job selling him at his highest value, that being said he might pan out really well and bite us later, but we’re winnning the cup this year anyways

Yup

remember the hyp with Gaudette aswell?

I wouldnt even be upset if he turned into a tyson barrie

I really wanted Kuzmenko to be successful here , but he just couldn’t forecheck the way the system needs in any consistent manner.  I’m going to miss that joy in his face. 

right now shop owners on robson street are at Home Depot buying plywood 

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1