[Proposal] Are we allowed to be this greedy?

To VAN

Jake Guentzel

To PIT

Ilya Mikheyev

Aidan McDonough

Kirill Kudryavtsev

2025 1st round pick

Pure rental, but helps us unload Mikheyev so we have the cap space to re-sign Lindholm long term.  Also takes away another last name that's impossible to spell in Kudryavtsev.

Guentzel-Lindholm-Pettersson

Suter-Miller-Boeser

Garland-Blueger-Joshua

Hoglander-Aman-Lafferty

23 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

We set the market price last night.  I am not sure if you are matching that price here.  Guentzel is a better player than Lindhilm but I think you're offering less.

I think Lindholm is close in value TBH.  He's a centre, he's defensively stronger, he's physically stronger, more versatile as well being able to play PP and PK while winning an immense number of faceoffs as a RH centre.  I also think more teams are looking for centres this TDL... but with all that said, Guentzel's production probably makes up for it.  Although I think we're not the only ones that question whether or not Guentzel can do what he does without swapping back and forth between Crosby and Malkin as his centre.

Pittsburgh should be asking for a 1st and either a top prospect or a blue chip young NHL'er imo. Plus more on top of that. We're only really giving them the 1st in your proposed package. I also question whether Pittsburgh would want Mikheyev. 

If they're trading Guentzel their firepower takes a big hit, Mikheyev isn't going to plug that gap, I could see his term being an issue too. 

McDonough will be 25 in November, he's not really a prospect anymore. Kind of a meh piece. 

Kudryavtsev is having a solid season but he's also a recent 7th round pick. 

Overall it's just very meh, and a package other NHL teams should easily be able to beat if they're making serious bids. 

9 hours ago, HKSR said:

To VAN

Jake Guentzel

To PIT

Ilya Mikheyev

Aidan McDonough

Kirill Kudryavtsev

2025 1st round pick

Pure rental, but helps us unload Mikheyev so we have the cap space to re-sign Lindholm long term.  Also takes away another last name that's impossible to spell in Kudryavtsev.

Guentzel-Lindholm-Pettersson

Suter-Miller-Boeser

Garland-Blueger-Joshua

Hoglander-Aman-Lafferty

It’s an ok proposal but I still think our last and final area to cover is another #2A calibre dman (to bridge the gap in talent between Hronek and whoever is our 3rd best defenseman).

This team would be significantly hampered if Quinn Hughes got injured.

Edited by Jeremy Hronek

1 hour ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

It’s an ok proposal but I still think our last and final area to cover is another #2A calibre dman (to bridge the gap in talent between Hronek and whoever is our 3rd best defenseman).

This team would be significantly hampered if Quinn Hughes got injured.

Was looking at the list of defencemen and got a good target depending on where they sit by the TDL... Adam Larsson in Seattle.  50% retained and we fit him in without removing from our lineup.

• Cheers 1