[Report] Jackets won't move Boone Jenner

Comes from the president, that's as good a source as any

Wasn't sure what to tag this, but figured I'd post it given how many times I've seen his name come up over the past couple months 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

No surprise.  That cap hit for what he brings would be foolish to move.

Fantilli and Werenski would likely be untouchable.  I suspect Jiricek is untouchable now as well. 

I think one of Sillinger or Johnson could be moved though. 

The guys I like on CLB are actually Voronkov and Chinakhov. 

Should be in no position to trade good players that have re-signed and shown they want to be there. Also good news for the Canucks because he may have been the next best center potentially on the market. He’s got term on his contract so there’s no real rush for them. If he won’t sign an extension in his last year then trade him then.

30 minutes ago, HKSR said:

No surprise.  That cap hit for what he brings would be foolish to move.

Fantilli and Werenski would likely be untouchable.  I suspect Jiricek is untouchable now as well. 

I think one of Sillinger or Johnson could be moved though. 

The guys I like on CLB are actually Voronkov and Chinakhov. 

I wonder if someone doesn't take a flyer on pending UFA Roslovic, he's put up top six numbers the past three seasons 

Provorov will be moved this season or next if they can't retain him

He's from Columbus though, could very well see him wanting to stay 

I agree that Johnson or Sillinger could be moved, Fantilli makes one of them expendable imo and neither is all that far removed from their draft year 

I'd take either of them, but I could see it costing us Podkolzin, I'd still think about it though as it's not as if we have many center prospects or young centers 

I agree with your untouchables 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I wonder if someone doesn't take a flyer on pending UFA Roslovic, he's put up top six numbers the past three seasons 

Provorov will be moved this season or next if they can't retain him

He's from Columbus though, could very well see him wanting to stay 

I agree that Johnson or Sillinger could be moved, Fantilli makes one of them expendable imo and neither is all that far removed from their draft year 

I'd take either of them, but I could see it costing us Podkolzin, I'd still think about it though as it's not as if we have many center prospects or young centers 

I agree with your untouchables 

I honestly don’t think podkolzin have too much value outside of the Canucks organization. Johnson and sillinger both center have done more in the nhl than podkolzin have both are just a tad below .5ppg.. if they are moving those 2 they prolly be looking for proven nhl players that still relatively young 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, wai_lai416 said:

I honestly don’t think podkolzin have too much value outside of the Canucks organization. Johnson and sillinger both center have done more in the nhl than podkolzin have both are just a tad below .5ppg.. if they are moving those 2 they prolly be looking for proven nhl players that still relatively young 

Podz probably doesn't have a ton of trade value at this point, which isn't to say he's worthless 

He's having a good season at the AHL level but that's the AHL

He's likely valued less than both of Johnson and Sillinger respectively, though, agreed 

Johnson put up 40 points last season, 16 in 36 this season doesn't look quite as good but he's only 21

Sillinger put up 31 points in his rookie season two seasons ago, last season didn't go as well, this season he's at 19 in 47

He'll be 21 in May

Podkolzin will be 23 in June, the clock is ticking a bit more 

Sillinger and Johnson have the luxury of being able to crack a weak team, Podkolzin will need to show more in order to crack a better one if cap realities don't open up a spot for him 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Coconuts said:

Comes from the president, that's as good a source as any

Wasn't sure what to tag this, but figured I'd post it given how many times I've seen his name come up over the past couple months 

of course they don't want to trade there captain on a team friendly deal

7 minutes ago, PeteyBOI said:

of course they don't want to trade there captain on a team friendly deal

Sure, but hockey fans live for speculation and hockey news 

Given we're approaching the deadline it's worth sharing when it comes from the president himself 

27 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Podz probably doesn't have a ton of trade value at this point, which isn't to say he's worthless 

He's having a good season at the AHL level but that's the AHL

He's likely valued less than both of Johnson and Sillinger respectively, though, agreed 

Johnson put up 40 points last season, 16 in 36 this season doesn't look quite as good but he's only 21

Sillinger put up 31 points in his rookie season two seasons ago, last season didn't go as well, this season he's at 19 in 47

He'll be 21 in May

Podkolzin will be 23 in June, the clock is ticking a bit more 

Sillinger and Johnson have the luxury of being able to crack a weak team, Podkolzin will need to show more in order to crack a better one if cap realities don't open up a spot for him 

I wouldn’t mind moving podz + karlsson for one of them if they are willing. Those 2 would/should make Columbus.. but doubt they would or even raty+ podz. Might be a lot to give up but either one of them can be our 3c and is on elc and ready to play in the nhl. Our prospect is still maybe hopeful for making the nhl and order than these 2 well not raty 

Sisson, or Sundqvist are my trade targets... with the emergence of Juulsen i think our D-depth is great... we can afford both these players Sissons has years remaining and Sundqvist is a UFA... but are blues going for it or will they trade sundqvist for a 3rd?

4 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

I wouldn’t mind moving podz + karlsson for one of them if they are willing. Those 2 would/should make Columbus.. but doubt they would or even raty+ podz. Might be a lot to give up but either one of them can be our 3c and is on elc and ready to play in the nhl. Our prospect is still maybe hopeful for making the nhl and order than these 2 well not raty 

I'd give up Podz+ for one of Johnson or Sillinger depending on what the + was 

Raty's the closest thing to a blue chip young center that we have, it's been an organizational position of need for a while now 

10 minutes ago, PeteyBOI said:

Sisson, or Sundqvist are my trade targets... with the emergence of Juulsen i think our D-depth is great... we can afford both these players Sissons has years remaining and Sundqvist is a UFA... but are blues going for it or will they trade sundqvist for a 3rd?

Blues probably stay the course imo and opt to just see what happens come playoff time, they've got a good chance of being able to hold on to the 7th or 8th seed 

Nashville is four points behind them but has been sliding of late, Seattle's in the same position but they've been playing roughly .500 hockey, both could opt to sell sooner than later if they continue to slide or tread water

Minny's five points back, so is Calgary, but I Calgary likely slides once they sell 

Blues are in a position where they're looking to compete while restocking the cupboards 

They drafted 10th, 25th, and 29th at 2023 draft and will likely just hold on to their picks imo 

I don't really view them as a threat to contend and they don't really have a whole lot of cap space with which to add, but I'd be surprised if they messed with their lineup much 

Edited by Coconuts

12 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I'd give up Podz+ for one of Johnson or Sillinger depending on what the + was 

Raty's the closest thing to a blue chip young center that we have, it's been an organizational position of need for a while now 

Yes but Johnson and sillinger is a center so it would replace raty and im not even sure if raty would slot ahead of either of the 2 at this point who knows if raty will ever end up as a regular in the nhl

6 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Blues probably stay the course imo and opt to just see what happens come playoff time, they've got a good chance of being able to hold on to the 7th or 8th seed 

Nashville is four points behind them but has been sliding of late, Seattle's in the same position but they've been playing roughly .500 hockey, both could opt to sell sooner than later if they continue to slide or tread water

Minny's five points back, so is Calgary, but I Calgary likely slides once they sell 

Blues are in a position where they're looking to compete while restocking the cupboards 

They drafted 10th, 25th, and 29th at 2023 draft and will likely just hold on to their picks imo 

I don't really view them as a threat to contend and they don't really have a whole lot of cap space with which to add, but I'd be surprised if they messed with their lineup much 

I pretty much agree with this all, I feel these teams are likely the ones we trade with and a player like Sissons Like Sundqvist is a player we add, just depth at this point.

3 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

Yes but Johnson and sillinger is a center so it would replace raty and im not even sure if raty would slot ahead of either of the 2 at this point who knows if raty will ever end up as a regular in the nhl

You're not wrong, I'd rather roll the dice on either of them than Raty 

1 minute ago, PeteyBOI said:

I pretty much agree with this all, I feel these teams are likely the ones we trade with and a player like Sissons Like Sundqvist is a player we add, just depth at this point.

I could see us poking at Sissons or Trenin, both could fit capwise, maybe Novak 

Preds are in transition, I could see them moving a lot of pieces, they have a boat load of picks this season and Tampa's 1st for next so they'd be smart to add to that haul if they keep sliding 

Carrier could also be an option, he'd cost less than Tanev

Lyubuskin from the Ducks could be a fit

If the Kraken find themselves as sellers they have both Wennberg and Eberle as pending UFA's, Schultz too, Tatar might return a later pick