Playoff Probabilities

19 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Vegas just got Eichel back. The Empties are predicting we win our division and beat Nashville round one. Soilers lose to Vegas. Kings lose to the Jets. Avs lose to the Stars.

The Empties have spoken. 

LA or Vegas will end up with first wild card and that is who we will play. We win our division but Canucks not winning the Conference. Canucks out in the first round either 4-1 for LA or 4-2 Vegas  

7 minutes ago, Tocchet.A.Hockey.God said:

LA or Vegas will end up with first wild card and that is who we will play. We win our division but Canucks not winning the Conference. Canucks out in the first round either 4-1 for LA or 4-2 Vegas  

I actually wouldn't be shocked if VGK falls to WC2. They have been horrendous lately. 

20 minutes ago, Pirata Morado said:

As for Division, here are our probs:

#1: 73.7%

#2: 19.3%

#3: 5.6%

#4: 1.3%

#5: 0.1%

Other possible Division Champs:

Edmonton: 17.8%, Vegas: 2.9%, Los Angeles: 6.8%, Calgary: 0.1%

So is 6th our lowest chance? playoff lock?

19 games left we need 12 points to get to the 97 we said we needed at the start of the season to make the playoffs...

How confident can we be with this remaining on our schedule? Underlined teams give us fits and points will be difficult to come by and we could probably add a couple more teams to that list. Where will our points come from?

La King 3 games

Vegas 3 games

Winnipeg 2 games

Calgary 2 games

Arizona 2 games

Colorado 1 game

Dallas 1 game

Edmonton 1 game

Montreal 1 game 

Buffalo 1 game

Washington 1 game

Anaheim 1 game

Call me a lifelong Canucks fan who has seen every season but im not  confident we can beat a lot of these teams in the final 19 games. I hope im wrong but this doesnt look good for the finish. Im concerned but still hoping for a strong finish to the season

14 hours ago, Tocchet.A.Hockey.God said:

FA8A189A-BE8E-41D7-AC90-10069DD53AAC.gif.6ade2762cefb6503479a9e2984dffeb5.gif

15 hours ago, Tocchet.A.Hockey.God said:

I think you should change name to Green.A.Hockey.Noob.

Predicting we go out in first round… pheew

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Tocchet.A.Hockey.God said:

You think the Kings are going to get a div spot?

• ThereItIs 1

2 hours ago, Mikeyman109 said:

19 games left we need 12 points to get to the 97 we said we needed at the start of the season to make the playoffs...

How confident can we be with this remaining on our schedule? Underlined teams give us fits and points will be difficult to come by and we could probably add a couple more teams to that list. Where will our points come from?

La King 3 games

Vegas 3 games

Winnipeg 2 games

Calgary 2 games

Arizona 2 games

Colorado 1 game

Dallas 1 game

Edmonton 1 game

Montreal 1 game 

Buffalo 1 game

Washington 1 game

Anaheim 1 game

Call me a lifelong Canucks fan who has seen every season but im not  confident we can beat a lot of these teams in the final 19 games. I hope im wrong but this doesnt look good for the finish. Im concerned but still hoping for a strong finish to the season

I'd say they're going to be hard pressed to beat the Oilers at this point.  This is a different EDM team that they saw early on.

16 hours ago, Alflives said:

Vegas just got Eichel back. The Empties are predicting we win our division and beat Nashville round one. Soilers lose to Vegas. Kings lose to the Jets. Avs lose to the Stars.

The Empties have spoken. 

That's kind of how I see it too. 

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Mikeyman109 said:

La King 3 games

Vegas 3 games

Winnipeg 2 games

Calgary 2 games

Arizona 2 games

Colorado 1 game

Dallas 1 game

Edmonton 1 game

Montreal 1 game 

Buffalo 1 game

Washington 1 game

Anaheim 1 game

It is REALLY hard to get less than 12 points in 19 games due to loser points.  

That is like a 51 point pace over a whole season.

4 wins, 4 overtime losses, and 11 regulation losses  in 19 games gets us to that 12 points you said.

I worry about things more than the average Joe… but even our slumps have given us .500 hockey this year.

Edited by Provost
  • Cheers 1

On 3/4/2024 at 7:38 PM, OldFaithfulcap said:

So is 6th our lowest chance? playoff lock?

Don't think this is like the draft.   As in we will have the regular 2-3 draft slipperoo.

On 3/5/2024 at 8:04 PM, Tocchet.A.Hockey.God said:

what's the Chances the Canucks beat LA tonight. Vegas is getting healthy

And we beat both.  Also Dallas is underlined but we have never had too much trouble against Dallas.  We have their number most of the time actually.  Demko has never lost in regulation to the Stars.

• Like 1

On 3/5/2024 at 10:04 PM, Tocchet.A.Hockey.God said:

what's the Chances the Canucks beat LA tonight. Vegas is getting healthy

Sad Season 4 GIF by The Office

You're taking a funny stance.   Maybe if you cheered for Vegas, Dallas, LA, WNP or COL, then you'd open your eyes to the fact this team your following, actually has garnered both a lot of respect, but also some good will around the league.    Don't take the losses too hard.   We won't win every game.    As a long time fan, do get waiting for the other shoe to drop,  never gave up though.   You becoming kind of a good luck charm, but in the wrong way.   Like FIRE GREEN during the bubble.    Waiting to "strike" when we lose isn't the type of fandom i'd recommend, why not instead, just be happy?    We've gone from a big maybe as a wild card team, to a contender.   Yikes that's a lot to process.    Personally thinks its a lot harder to keep the faith, for those who did, kudos.  

Edited by IBatch