[Trade] Duclair to TBL

If it's not much, I'll be kinda sad. Him and Toffoli were/are the two parties I am most interested in. Duclair is discount Guentzel. Cheaper to acquire and just cheaper cap hit in general. Hell, he doesn't even sniff the ozone starts Guentzel does cause San Jose is so bad they need to use Duclair to insulate the rest of their garbage team. Which isn't a good use of Duclair. Give him similar deployment to Guentzel and you can see much improved numbers.

Just now, JeremyCuddles said:

If it's not much, I'll be kinda sad. Him and Toffoli were/are the two parties I am most interested in. Duclair is discount Guentzel. Cheaper to acquire and just cheaper cap hit in general. Hell, he doesn't even sniff the ozone starts Guentzel does cause San Jose is so bad they need to use Duclair to insulate the rest of their garbage team. Which isn't a good use of Duclair. Give him similar deployment to Guentzel and you can see much improved numbers.

I am not sure Duclair’s defensive liability would fit well in a Tocchet system.

2 minutes ago, BlueJays said:

I am not sure Duclair’s defensive liability would fit well in a Tocchet system.

Possibly, but we kind of need secondary scoring. Petey's line will likely be sitting at 60% ozone starts anyway. If they are controlling the play, they don't need to play defence. It's kinda why Guentzel is doing so well in Pittsburgh. I am not a huge WAR chart guy, but his defence was also considered liability status. But because he and Crosby can just control the play the majority of the time, it wasn't a huge deal. If we were in on Guentzel, there's no reason to believe we also shouldn't be interested in Duclair.

He wasn't a must have by any means. I just think if management wanted Guentzel than Duclair could have been a solid B option. I still really want either Toffoli or the much cheaper Zucker. Buchnevich is a good name, but the cost would be too high for my tastes.

3 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Possibly, but we kind of need secondary scoring. Petey's line will likely be sitting at 60% ozone starts anyway. If they are controlling the play, they don't need to play defence. It's kinda why Guentzel is doing so well in Pittsburgh. I am not a huge WAR chart guy, but his defence was also considered liability status. But because he and Crosby can just control the play the majority of the time, it wasn't a huge deal. If we were in on Guentzel, there's no reason to believe we also shouldn't be interested in Duclair.

He wasn't a must have by any means. I just think if management wanted Guentzel than Duclair could have been a solid B option. I still really want either Toffoli or the much cheaper Zucker. Buchnevich is a good name, but the cost would be too high for my tastes.

Although the WAR chart might show Guentzel as a defensive liability, the reality is he’s a much smarter player and I believe would be able to adapt to a tocchet system, which I’m not convinced the same about AD. 

Also offensively they are not in the same league. 

1 minute ago, BlueJays said:

Although the WAR chart might show Guentzel as a defensive liability, the reality is he’s a much smarter player and I believe would be able to adapt to a tocchet system, which I’m not convinced the same about AD. 

Also offensively they are not in the same league. 

Yeah, cause one plays with 2 generational centers and with much better zone starts. Lol. Listen, we can agree to disagree here. It's a moot point anyway as a Cup winning team acquired him. But surely he's ass.