[Proposal] Trade Pettersson to NYR

NYR Pettersson 11.6m x8

Van : Vincent Trockeck 5.625m x5

Alexis Lafreniere 2.325 x1 RFA (extend 5m x 8 )

2025 1st 

We get to keep 

Re-sign  Filip Hronek  7.5m x 5 yr 

Dakota Joshua 2.6m x5

Teddy  Blueger 2.5m x3 

Re-sign  Cole, Myers for 2m-2.5m each x1 

Lindholm 
Zadorov

Would you?

Edited by occ78

Tempting, especially with how Petey is struggling lately.  His $11.6 next year is huge money, and with having to try and re-sign several key players (and OEL's cap hit), there isn't enough money to go around. He won't reach 100 points this year.

What if they built the team around Miller, Hughes and Demko? 

for fun

Lafreniere - Miller - Boeser

Hoglander - Trochek - Garland

Joshua - Suter - Podkolzin

Bains - Blueger - Lafferty

Raty

Gone: Pettersson, Lindholm, Mikheyev, Cole, Myers 

Abby: Di Giuseppe and Aman?

Canucks could get Hughes a proper D partner

Hughes - X

Soucy - Hronek

Zadorov - Myers

Juulsen

McWard

Demko

DeSmith

Big step backwards. Pettersson should bring us a top 6 forward with term for a few years (someone in the 22-26 yo range), an A prospect, and a high 1st pick or 2 lower high end picks (a 1st and a 2nd). As usual, we under value our own players and over value others. Trocheck is 30 and signed for 5 more. He has only hit 60+ pts 3 times in his career (albeit this year being his highest ever point total) and is CERTAIN to decline soon. True LaFreniere could be considered an A prospect due to his draft pedigree, but in reality he's hit or miss at this point (50/50) so I don't think that's a chance we would want to take by trading our A++ trade chip for...and as for the 1st, well it could be in the 28th+ OA range. So we'd be selling cheap.

Honestly, other than prospects, the Rangers don't have a good package to offer us for Petey. The conversation would start with Zibanejad, so at that point, why would WE do it?

2 hours ago, occ78 said:

NYR Pettersson 11.6m x8

Van : Vincent Trockeck 5.625m x5

Alexis Lafreniere 2.325 x1 RFA (extend 5m x 8 )

2025 1st 

We get to keep 

Re-sign  Filip Hronek  7.5m x 5 yr 

Dakota Joshua 2.6m x5

Teddy  Blueger 2.5m x3 

Re-sign  Cole, Myers for 2m-2.5m each x1 

Lindholm 
Zadorov

Would you?

My main concern for this trade, is the Canucks ending up with our #1 and #2 C's will both be 31yrs

at the start of next season.  Although Trochet has a great contract, there is no guarantee he will be

able to sustain his performance in future years.

Lafreniere looks like he is breaking out this season and at just 21yrs, it looks like he will devlelope

into a very good LW.  He would be a terrific core player for the Nux.

I would rather include K'Andre Miller than the late 1st as he's the insurance if Lefren doesn't max

out.

I'm not liking the idea of trading Petey right now.  The potential for getting burned is big time.

Edited by higgyfan

3 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

My main concern for this trade, is the Canucks ending up with our #1 and #2 C's will both be 31yrs

at the start of next season.  Although Trochet has a great contract, there is no guarantee he will be

able to sustain his performance in future years.

Lafreniere looks like he is breaking out this season and at just 21yrs, it looks like he will devlelope

into a very good LD.  He would be a terrific core player for the Nux.

I would rather include K'Andre Miller than the late 1st as he's the insurance if Lefren doesn't max

out.

I'm not liking the idea of trading Petey right now.  The potential for getting burned is big time.

Lafreniere is a winger. 

The trade makes no sense for us. We salivate at the idea of dealing struggling players for cap relief and then we don't look at what we're actually giving up. Miller was thought of as a CAP DUMP last season and now he's arguably the team's most consistent player and MVP this season. Players go through ebbs and flows, this is just one of those for Petey. 

I will remind you that last time Petey signed a contract extension, he struggled for about two months afterwards before figuring things out. This is what happens when he negotiates and signs mid-season, as you all so desperately wanted. Why do you think he wanted to wait until the offseason? 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Honkin Hronek said:

Lafreniere is a winger. 

The trade makes no sense for us. We salivate at the idea of dealing struggling players for cap relief and then we don't look at what we're actually giving up. Miller was thought of as a CAP DUMP last season and now he's arguably the team's most consistent player and MVP this season. Players go through ebbs and flows, this is just one of those for Petey. 

I will remind you that last time Petey signed a contract extension, he struggled for about two months afterwards before figuring things out. This is what happens when he negotiates and signs mid-season, as you all so desperately wanted. Why do you think he wanted to wait until the offseason? 

I was only responding to the question regarding the validity of the trade.  My last sentence indicates

that I don't like the idea of trading EP.

lol rangers say no.. they ain't going to put themselves in cap hell with 5+ players at 8mil and above and then with shesterkin needing a contract after next year.. trocheck is a value contract at 5.6mil producing at ppg rate. and lafreniere is going to prolly end at 50+ point this season at 2.5mil or something.. on top you want them to give you a 1st? lol.. this trade puts them in cap hell with 5 players at 8mil + and they are going to be down a top 6 player on top of a 1st rounder.. this is like a fantasy EA NHL trade 

If you are going to do something insane.

Then Petterson $11.6 Million

To Minnesota for:

Eriksson-Ek and Brodin, $11.25 Million and Liam Ohgren

We lose a top tier Forward, get a reliable centre, and a reliable defenceman and a LW prospect.

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

If you are going to do something insane.

Then Petterson $11.6 Million

To Minnesota for:

Eriksson-Ek and Brodin, $11.25 Million and Liam Ohgren

We lose a top tier Forward, get a reliable centre, and a reliable defenceman and a LW prospect.

Minnesota...another team that's in Cap Hell...

• Like 1

And we believed that the extention was a distraction.  I will say this again Daigle. 

Present day performance is missing , we were fleeced. 

I don't see him as high in status as some.