GFL 2023-24 (SEA Available)

Gator

The New York Islanders have set their Front Office Budget, as follows:

Player Relations - $40,000,000

Player Development - $0

Medical/Training - $10,000,000 (1 IR spot)

Minors Budget - $20,000,000

Scouting - $10,000,000 (5th round pick)

Also, an ELC Slide to (RD) Ty Nelson

Lastly, for those inquiring about a potential trade, these players are Untouchables:

McDavid's winger - (LW Zach Hyman

Bedard's winger - (LW) Taylor Hall

Captain Canuck - (LD) Quinn Hughes

Sent CDC mail on the old forums to the following who I think are still MIA from the migration:

Herberts Vasiljevs - has arrived!

TiTaniuM

Aladeen

Patrick Kane

Definitelyacanucksfan

phil the thrill

NMHockey

kj29

grandmaster. - Has Arrived!

WHen the above folks read this, please post here so we know you have arrived. Thanks.

As we are now 18 days away from the NHL Season Opener below is some housekeeping that is still outstandings and needs to be addressed

The following teams need to still set their Front Office Budgets

Spoiler

6.1 Front Office Budgets

Every team has a total budget of $80M to spend across 5 different departments. Each department playing a pivotal role in your teams success. Spend your money wisely, as you can only set these once a year between September 1st & October 1st.

6.2 Player Relations Department

Money invested in this department go into locker room and facility upgrades, among other things to help keep your players happy. This will play a VERY important role in keeping your team morale up. Which in turn can help you in future contract negotiations.

Max Budget: $40M

Min Budget: $10M

6.3 Player Development

Money spent in this department allows your club to hire the best coaches to help your young kids get off to a hot start. Expect a boost of point production from a couple of your young kids if you invest enough money here. 

$20M: 5% boost from 1 ELC player

$30M: 5% boost from 2 ELC players

If you invest money here make sure to post in the thread which ELC player(s) will be "boosted" and tag "Gator" in the post. I will highlight their ELC clause tab on the team sheet to show they're "boosted". Points will be tallied the same way as they are with the captaincy boosts… And just like the captaincy boosts, these boosts are for regular season point totals only, and the player(s) must remain with the club until the end of the season in order to be eligible for the boost.

6.4 Medical/Training Facility

Investing in the medical and training facility is how you will open up IR slots. As stated in section 4.3, a player must be on IR in real life in order to be placed on IR in GFL. However you can only place them on IR if you invest enough money into this department. The most IR slots you can use at one time is 5. 

$10M: 1 IR slot

$20M: 3 IR slots

$30M: 5 IR slots + use of backup goalie in postseason (see 1.2)

6.5 Minors Budget

This one is pretty self explanatory. However much you invest here will essentially be your AHL salary cap for the season. It does come with a minimum & maximum budget.

Min: $10M

Max: $30M

6.6 Scouting Department

Investing money into your scouting department will increase your odds of landing talent on draft day. Depending on how much you invest you will be awarded a free draft pick. This pick is untradeable, and is made at the end of the round during the break. These picks come with fast 3 minute time limits. If you miss the pick you can't make it up until the completion of the draft.

$10M: 5th round pick

$15M: 4th round pick

$20M: 3rd round pick

$30M: 2nd round pick

$40M: 1st round pick

@NMHockey

@Bounce000

@Patrick Kane

@Thrago

@Gally

@kj29

@Herberts Vasiljevs

@MeanSeanBean

@TiTaNium

@Canuck Surfer

@Grandmaster

@Lethunder

The Following Teams still need to name their Leadership teams (Captains/Assistants)

@Patrick Kane - All

@Thrago - 2 x assistants

@Herberts Vasiljevs - 1 x assistant

@AriGold - 1 x assistant

@MeanSeanBean - 2 x assistants

@BigTramFan - All

@Canuck Surfer - 2 x Assistants

@MatchesMalone - 1 x Assistant

@Ilunga / @Aladeen - 1 x Assistant

@Grandmaster - All

If Any of the above were posted and missed please repost and I apologize if we had missed it. As we get closer to opening day as well, when posting opening night lineups, please tag myself and Gator as I will be taking care of the Fantrax input and a tag would be appreciated so that I do not miss anything!

35 minutes ago, Relyt Krets said:

As we are now 18 days away from the NHL Season Opener below is some housekeeping that is still outstandings and needs to be addressed

Reveal hidden contents

6.1 Front Office Budgets

Every team has a total budget of $80M to spend across 5 different departments. Each department playing a pivotal role in your teams success. Spend your money wisely, as you can only set these once a year between September 1st & October 1st.

Money invested in this department go into locker room and facility upgrades, among other things to help keep your players happy. This will play a VERY important role in keeping your team morale up. Which in turn can help you in future contract negotiations.

6.3 Player Development

Money spent in this department allows your club to hire the best coaches to help your young kids get off to a hot start. Expect a boost of point production from a couple of your young kids if you invest enough money here. 

If you invest money here make sure to post in the thread which ELC player(s) will be "boosted" and tag "Gator" in the post. I will highlight their ELC clause tab on the team sheet to show they're "boosted". Points will be tallied the same way as they are with the captaincy boosts… And just like the captaincy boosts, these boosts are for regular season point totals only, and the player(s) must remain with the club until the end of the season in order to be eligible for the boost.

Investing in the medical and training facility is how you will open up IR slots. As stated in section 4.3, a player must be on IR in real life in order to be placed on IR in GFL. However you can only place them on IR if you invest enough money into this department. The most IR slots you can use at one time is 5. 

6.5 Minors Budget

This one is pretty self explanatory. However much you invest here will essentially be your AHL salary cap for the season. It does come with a minimum & maximum budget.

6.6 Scouting Department

Investing money into your scouting department will increase your odds of landing talent on draft day. Depending on how much you invest you will be awarded a free draft pick. This pick is untradeable, and is made at the end of the round during the break. These picks come with fast 3 minute time limits. If you miss the pick you can't make it up until the completion of the draft.

@NMHockey

@Bounce000

@Patrick Kane

@Thrago

@Gally

@kj29

@Herberts Vasiljevs

@MeanSeanBean

@TiTaNium

@Canuck Surfer

@Grandmaster

@Lethunder

The Following Teams still need to name their Leadership teams (Captains/Assistants)

@Patrick Kane - All

@Thrago - 2 x assistants

@AriGold - 1 x assistant

@BigTramFan - All

@Grandmaster - All

If Any of the above were posted and missed please repost and I apologize if we had missed it. As we get closer to opening day as well, when posting opening night lineups, please tag myself and Gator as I will be taking care of the Fantrax input and a tag would be appreciated so that I do not miss anything!

I’ll get to it later. This shit in Coquitlam is real bad. You guys will hear on the news later. 

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

4 hours ago, Relyt Krets said:

Reveal hidden contents

6.1 Front Office Budgets

6.3 Player Development

6.5 Minors Budget

6.6 Scouting Department

@NMHockey

@Bounce000

@Patrick Kane

@Thrago

@Gally

@kj29

@Herberts Vasiljevs

@MeanSeanBean

@TiTaNium

@Canuck Surfer

@Grandmaster

@Lethunder

@Patrick Kane - All

@Thrago - 2 x assistants

@AriGold - 1 x assistant

@BigTramFan - All

@Grandmaster - All

This was posted on CDC sometime in August. But no problem...Nashville leadership group is:

Captain = B Point

Alternates = M Sergachev, J Gaudreau

4 hours ago, Grandmaster said:

I’ll get to it later. This shit in Coquitlam is real bad. You guys will hear on the news later. 

you are not kidding!! 

this is insane and TERRIBLE news..

1 dead officer, two injured on the news now..

what the actual EFFFs Coquitlam?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/coquitlam-bc-rcmp-critical-incident-shoooting-officer-killed-1.6975783

• Sad 1