GFL 2023-24 (SEA Available)

Gator

Thoughts and respect goes out to

Constable Rick O’Brien and the fellow officers hurt in todays tragedy. 

Buffalo is proud to share the retiring of Nathan MacKinnon’s QMJHL jersey. Wearing 22 for the Halifax Mooseheads. Nathan put up incredible numbers in just two seasons and even more impressive numbers in the playoffs. Hats off to a well deserved jersey retirement Nathan. 

IMG_5122.thumb.png.e93fcf6e320064ad199785e5b446b7b0.png

IMG_5123.thumb.png.5c83f098c5fad8c2448b2eaba3fbfd3d.png

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Optimist Prime said:

you are not kidding!! 

this is insane and TERRIBLE news..

1 dead officer, two injured on the news now..

what the actual EFFFs Coquitlam?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/coquitlam-bc-rcmp-critical-incident-shoooting-officer-killed-1.6975783

He was 48 years old and 6 kids. 

I guess he is 51 and 2 kids as per the media? My guys at work still saying he has 6 kids (3 from a previous marriage).

It’s brutal regardless and feel for his family.  

Edited by Grandmaster
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, Grandmaster said:

He was 48 years old and 6 kids. 

Every time I hear of something happening to an OPP officer my heart sinks until I hear from my brother...he is 57 and wants to do five more years or so before retirement

one time some guy rammed him at a routine speeding stop on the highway and said in court "I saw my chance to take out a cop so I took it"...

my bro was off for weeks with a bad back, he had one foot out of the cruiser when he was rammed full speed from behind by this clown...

• Sad 1
  • Huggy Bear 2

3 hours ago, Optimist Prime said:

Every time I hear of something happening to an OPP officer my heart sinks until I hear from my brother...he is 57 and wants to do five more years or so before retirement

one time some guy rammed him at a routine speeding stop on the highway and said in court "I saw my chance to take out a cop so I took it"...

my bro was off for weeks with a bad back, he had one foot out of the cruiser when he was rammed full speed from behind by this clown...

By his own admission that was attempted murder.

He should have been tried as such.

Edited by Ilunga
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Relyt Krets said:

As we are now 18 days away from the NHL Season Opener below is some housekeeping that is still outstandings and needs to be addressed

The following teams need to still set their Front Office Budgets

Reveal hidden contents

6.1 Front Office Budgets

Every team has a total budget of $80M to spend across 5 different departments. Each department playing a pivotal role in your teams success. Spend your money wisely, as you can only set these once a year between September 1st & October 1st.

6.2 Player Relations Department

Money invested in this department go into locker room and facility upgrades, among other things to help keep your players happy. This will play a VERY important role in keeping your team morale up. Which in turn can help you in future contract negotiations.

Max Budget: $40M

Min Budget: $10M

6.3 Player Development

Money spent in this department allows your club to hire the best coaches to help your young kids get off to a hot start. Expect a boost of point production from a couple of your young kids if you invest enough money here. 

$20M: 5% boost from 1 ELC player

$30M: 5% boost from 2 ELC players

If you invest money here make sure to post in the thread which ELC player(s) will be "boosted" and tag "Gator" in the post. I will highlight their ELC clause tab on the team sheet to show they're "boosted". Points will be tallied the same way as they are with the captaincy boosts… And just like the captaincy boosts, these boosts are for regular season point totals only, and the player(s) must remain with the club until the end of the season in order to be eligible for the boost.

6.4 Medical/Training Facility

Investing in the medical and training facility is how you will open up IR slots. As stated in section 4.3, a player must be on IR in real life in order to be placed on IR in GFL. However you can only place them on IR if you invest enough money into this department. The most IR slots you can use at one time is 5. 

$10M: 1 IR slot

$20M: 3 IR slots

$30M: 5 IR slots + use of backup goalie in postseason (see 1.2)

6.5 Minors Budget

This one is pretty self explanatory. However much you invest here will essentially be your AHL salary cap for the season. It does come with a minimum & maximum budget.

Min: $10M

Max: $30M

6.6 Scouting Department

Investing money into your scouting department will increase your odds of landing talent on draft day. Depending on how much you invest you will be awarded a free draft pick. This pick is untradeable, and is made at the end of the round during the break. These picks come with fast 3 minute time limits. If you miss the pick you can't make it up until the completion of the draft.

$10M: 5th round pick

$15M: 4th round pick

$20M: 3rd round pick

$30M: 2nd round pick

$40M: 1st round pick

@NMHockey

@Bounce000

@Patrick Kane

@Thrago

@Gally

@kj29

@Herberts Vasiljevs

@MeanSeanBean

@TiTaNium

@Canuck Surfer

@Grandmaster

@Lethunder

The Following Teams still need to name their Leadership teams (Captains/Assistants)

@Patrick Kane - All

@Thrago - 2 x assistants

@Herberts Vasiljevs - 1 x assistant

@AriGold - 1 x assistant

@MeanSeanBean - 2 x assistants

@BigTramFan - All

@Canuck Surfer - 2 x Assistants

@MatchesMalone - 1 x Assistant

@Ilunga / @Aladeen - 1 x Assistant

@Grandmaster - All

If Any of the above were posted and missed please repost and I apologize if we had missed it. As we get closer to opening day as well, when posting opening night lineups, please tag myself and Gator as I will be taking care of the Fantrax input and a tag would be appreciated so that I do not miss anything!

Seattle leadership:

C - Brock Nelson

A - Erik Karlsson 

A - Elias Pettersson 

Seattle Budget (I’ll follow @Thrago):

Minors - 30M

Medical - 30M

Scouting - 10M

Player Relations - 10M

Thank you! 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

On 9/16/2023 at 5:24 PM, Ilunga said:

The Philadelphia Flyers 

Jon Drouin....Mika Zibanejad....Kaapo Kakko 

Pavel Zacha....Ryan Hartman....Charlie Coyle

Miles Wood....Alex Iafallo....Wade Allison

Juraj Slafkovsky....Blake Lizotte....Jimmy Vesey 

Lars Eller.... Brendan Lemieux

Miro Heiskanen.....Neal Pionk 

Brady Skej.....Oliver Kylington

Brett Kulak.....Kevin Bahl 

Nick Seeler 

Tristan Jarry 

Scott Wedgewood

Colby Barlow 

Christian Kyrou 

Charlie Stramel 

Felix Nilsson 

Jacob Fowler

Valtteri Puustinen 

Patrik Puistola

Arttu Karki 

Juraj Pekarcik

Filip Nordberg

Alex Ciernik

Devin Kaplan 

Gavin White 

Alex Chaisson 

Oskar Asplund

Jakub Stancl

Arseni Sergeev 

William Villeneuve 

• Cheers 1

14 hours ago, NMHockey said:

Anaheim Ducks GM @NMHockey announced today that they have placed Forward Patrick Kane on Injured Reserve.

Kane is still recovering from off-season hip surgery and is expected to be ready to play no later than the end of January.

This move cannot be processed until you set your budgets to allow for IR slots to be open. Once you set your budget this can be processed so long that you put money towards your medical team

It seems somehow someway Pavol Regenda has accepted a contract offer from Dallas. 

Welcome aboard, I think the Commish got super busy or I missed the signing announcement however we see him on our team chart and that is what matters. 

The inaugural Season Dallas Stars club is complete, and already starting into an intense camp phase while we sort out our starters, depth and prospects.

Lets GO DALLAS!!

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

Player Relations - 50M

Minors - 10M

Scouting - 10M

Medical - 10M

Captain - Alex Tuch

Alternate - Brad Marchand

Alternate - Jesper Fast

According to our CBA, I believe the maximum you can allocate to Player Relations is $40M...

6.2 Player Relations Department

Money invested in this department go into locker room and facility upgrades, among other things to help keep your players happy. This will play a VERY important role in keeping your team morale up. Which in turn can help you in future contract negotiations.

Max Budget: $40M

Min Budget: $10M

Dave Cameron, Paul Jerrard join Calgary Flames coaching staff |  Globalnews.ca

Calgary Flames Projected Opening Night Lineup

LW - Tim Stutzle (C)     C - Elias Lindholm              RW - Yegor Sharangovich

LW - Victor Olofsson    C - Mason McTavish (A)    RW - Lucas Raymond (A)

LW - Pierre Engvall       C - Chandler Stephenson  RW - Nino Niederreiter

LW - Sean Kuraly          C - Colton Sissons             RW - Nicolas Deslaurier

Extra - Cal Clutterbuck

LD - Cam Fowler          RD - Christopher Tanev

LD - Ryan McDonagh  RD - John Klingberg

LD - Mario Ferraro       RD - Calle Rosen

Extras - Logan Stanley

- Samuel Bolduc

G - Vitek Vanecek

G - Laurent Brossoit

@Gator @Relyt Krets

NYR moves in advance of opening night. @Gator 

Nothing to shift on Spreadsheet at moment.

Assign the following players from active roster in Fantrax;

Unsigned draftee > Nikita Grebyonkin F

Unsigned draftee > Kasper Kulonummi D

Assistant Captains assigned; Anders Lee & Niklas Backstrom.

Notes;

Really happy with our forward group, our drafting strategy all considered.  Believe we need another depth forward for injuries & some spots not cemented?

Love our prospect depth on D, upside including on roster; but we need to consider adding here and now another D, by trade or another UFA.

In goal Cam Talbot is the perfect transition / succession piece.  Gives us a potential starter competing with Spencer & we have GFL ready prospects.

Summary; A young team looking for forward and defense depth.

image.thumb.png.7995332f74679153a6d26a5a6d39a276.png

Potential opening night roster;

Tyler Bertuzzi  Niklas Backstrom Jonathan Marchessault 

Cam Atkinson    Logan Cooley            T.J. Oshie

Anders Lee        Marco Rossi          Ty Dellandrea

Tanner Pearson   Rasmus Kupari       Nils Hoglander

Matt Martin        Connor Zary

Joel Edmundson  Cale Makar

Brandt Clarke   Erik Johnson

Nils Lundqvist   Brock Faber  

Mason Lohrei

Cam Talbot

Spencer Knight

Depth chart anticipated but not set in stone. All players will earn & determine their own roles as per NYR policy!

Guys actively competing for a roster spot, expected to get call ups during season and could surprise?

Wing;      Alex Steeves, Egor Sokolov, Brett Berard 

Center;   Jamieson Reese, Fedor Svechkov, Matthew Poitras, Francesco Arturi

Defense; Artemi Knyazev 

Goalie;    Justus Annunen, Olivier Rodrigue

Unsigned draftees, bolded who may sign & play this year;

Wing;         Danila Yurov, Nikita Grebyonkin,  Dmitri Rashevsky

Center;       

Defense;   Scott Morrow, Tristan Luneau, Adam Engstrom, Bogdan Konyushkov, Frederic Brunet,  Kasper Kulonummi

Goalie;        Sergei Murashov

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

image.jpeg.a16c3ba2edd6c6098f286795f1f5c03a.jpeg

The NY Islanders have set their 2023/24 roster, as follows:

Zach Hyman - Bo Horvat (A) - Vladimir Tarasenko

Taylor Hall (A) - Ryan Johansen - Kirill Marchenko

Alexander Kerfoot - Thomas Novak - Frank Vatrano

Milan Lucic - Casey Cizikas - Nathan Bastian

Logan Brown - Tyson Jost

Quinn Hughes (C) - John Marino

Arber Xhekaj - Adam Boqvist

Derek Forbort - Troy Stecher

Akito Hirose

Ilya Samsonov

Dan Vladar

($76,953,333)

Signed Players (possible callups during season)

(LW/C) Samuel Poulin, (C) Max Sasson, (LD/RD) Brad Hunt, (LD/RD) Joel Hanley, (RD) Vincent Iorio, (G) David Rittich

Signed Players Developing

(LW) Samuel Honzek, (C) Zack Ostapchuk, (RW) Jacob Melanson, (RW) Ethan Cardwell, (RD) Roman Schmidt, (RD) Ty Nelson (slide)

Unsigned Players Developing

(C/W) Brayden Yager, (C/RW) Mathieu Cataford, (LD) Shai Buium, (G) Thomas Milic

• Like 2

After much consideration, I will be making the following ammendments to my budget:

6.2 Player Relations Department-  $40M

6.3 Player Development- $10M

6.4 Medical/Training Facility - $20M

6.5 Minors Budget - $10M

6.6 Scouting Department - $0

Edited by Herberts Vasiljevs
  • Like 1

r1226749_1296x518_5-2.thumb.jpg.6d3c4d665dc994290d2becd3c3330dbb.jpg

Projected Opening Night Roster:

Marchand (A) - Pageau - Tuch (C)

Kuzmenko - Henrique - Zuccarello

Maccelli - Haula - Fast (A)