[PGT] Nucks @ kangz

Just now, CaribouCanuck said:

I keep wondering if Petey’s struggles lately are a mental thing or if maybe he’s playing through some kind of injury. 

Mental 100%.

An injury wouldn’t explain his play the last month. He hasn’t even been generating chances outside of tonight.

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

9 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Why did you miss the game?

What kind of fan are you?

OK I watched it and I was being sarcastic and underhanded.  I'm so mad right now...

Edited by ronning4center
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

5 minutes ago, KFAN said:

People shouldn't be so worried about meeting the Kings in the playoffs. The Canucks would have won this game if Demko was in net. We outshot them by a good margin, we outplayed them most of the game (except for penalties and a few defensive gaffs). LA had a hot goaltender and we had a shitty one. A coaching mistake on RT's part to not pull DeSmith after at least the 3rd goal. It was so obvious he was not into the game. 

Dream world.

No way canucks win this regardless. The eye test showed the Kings played a much better game.

Also you can't blame DeSmith for every goal. 2 maybe. But still the team has to play better. Way better.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I don’t like how the coach doesn’t want to acknowledge how the team is slumping the past 20 games. It doesn’t feel like anyone is being held accountable again. 

My guess is they're being held accountable in the room and in one-on-ones. Just not in public.

• Vintage 1

Rick will have to find a different strategy to win against LA if we meet them. They may have a boring stifling system but it’s a system they have perfected and practiced with set lines. Rick is still experimenting with lines ffs. My gawd what’s happened to our special teams?

As far as Petey, I think it was a mistake to sign him now. F’n Toronto media that started the fake “issue” about some kind of emergency to sign Petey or he’d walk. It was absolute bullshit.

i think Petey was happy to wait. One reason is he wanted the challenge to prove himself. It was self motivation to concentrate on proving this season and playoffs, that he was worth the numbers. Now he’s playing with tons more pressure that he didn’t ask for. 

and I agree that Desmith should have been pulled at some point.

i really don’t want an LA first round match. Even if technically we can beat them, they are in the players heads. 

• Vintage 1

- Desmith really hasn’t given us a chance to win the last couple games. We gave up 5 goals in the first 14 shots (iirc) against Vegas and 3 goals in the first 6 shots tonight. 

- special teams killed us. We were far too passive on the PK in the first period and our PP came up short

- whatever Dak said to the refs really ticked them off because we there were about a dozen penalties the refs could’ve called in the first half of the game but they let LA get away with a bunch of stuff

- if Petey can continue to gel with Podz and Hog, Lindy can be a ridiculously strong 3C between Garly and Dak

- the mistakes are concerning. If the team looked slow and shied away from contact you could argue it can be turned on for the playoffs. We are seeing defensive lapses and poor decision making. As a team, there are too many mistakes defensively and they need to clean things up in a hurry. These things are harder to correct. 

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

How the hell do you know that? 

Because anyone with a functioning brain realizes there's a grand canyon sized gap between not only Demko and DeSmith but in the way the team plays as well. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Also you really don’t think Demko is better than DeSmith, you can’t be serious. 😂

DeSmith loses his net way too much. He’s always scurrying back into his net because he slides way too far out.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • chaos 1

Just now, DeNiro said:

Cause I’ve watched Demko play? 😂

His rebound control, his ability to play big in his net, and his positional play would have been the difference for those goals DeSmith let in.

Oh, well I can play that game too.

Joshua would have scored a hat trick if he didn't sit in the box for 12 minutes.

Just saying something doesn't make it true.

Is demko a better goalie? Yes

Would he have saved some of those goals? Who the fuck knows.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

2 minutes ago, Pears said:

Because anyone with a functioning brain realizes there's a grand canyon sized gap between not only Demko and DeSmith but in the way the team plays as well. 

Yeah of course, but someone saying matter of factly that Demko would have saved those goals is just asinine.  

Who knows what woukd have happened. 

Seriously it's like saying if Zadorov didn't shoot the puck over the glass we would have won.

It means nothing to say random stuff like that.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

DeSmith loses his net way too much. He’s always scurrying back into his net because he slides way too far out.

Yep I noticed that on two of the goals.

Way out of position because he overcommits. That’s not Ian Clark goaltending.

I know it’s a short sample size, but Silovs played much more in line with how he likes his goalies to play. Big and calm with quick small movements that keep you from sliding all over the place.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, Pears said:

I say this with absolutely no respect whatsoever. Fuck the LA Kings (Trevor Moore especially) and Eric Furlatt. 

I missed the game. What did they do??

3 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

Oh, well I can play that game too.

Joshua would have scored a hat trick if he didn't sit in the box for 12 minutes.

Just saying something doesn't make it true.

Is demko a better goalie? Yes

Would he have saved some of those goals? Who the fuck knows.

I know. Cause he’s a better goalie. 😉

Arguing that Demko wouldn’t have made a difference is wild. 😂

• Cheers 3

18 minutes ago, Pears said:

If DeSmith gets the net at any point in the playoffs then yes we are. 

I'm curious how Demko is gonna be after returning from injury, most likely take a couple games to get back to lights out Demko