[Signing] Wild extend Fleury

8 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

Glad to see him returning for one more year.

With how many teams are using tandems, there's a good chance he's the last goalie we ever see reach these levels of wins and games played.

Possibly, we are seeing more platoons 

Luongo and Rinne may have been the last active tenders to play 70+, Fleury never has

It's a tough mark to meet, for tenders it requires stepping in super young and being starters most of a lengthy career, that's rare

• Cheers 1

I'm a bit surprised he wanted to play another season. He passed Roy for 2nd all time in wins this past season and is too far away from Brodeur to get to 1st. Plus he's already won 3 cups (and Minnesota is not likely to win one next season) and a Vezina. Also this past season he was starting to show his age a bit. I'm just not really sure what he's playing for at this point, just the love of the game?

5 minutes ago, Diamonds said:

I'm a bit surprised he wanted to play another season. He passed Roy for 2nd all time in wins this past season and is too far away from Brodeur to get to 1st. Plus he's already won 3 cups (and Minnesota is not likely to win one next season) and a Vezina. Also this past season he was starting to show his age a bit. I'm just not really sure what he's playing for at this point, just the love of the game?

Sounds that way from the clip I posted above, he's still passionate about playing, competiting, and being part of the group 

It's hard for a lot of guys to walk away from what's been a massive piece of most of their lives I'd imagine

• Cheers 1