[GDT] Nashville @ Vancouver | Tuesday, April 23rd | Round 1 - Game 2 | 7pt/10et | SNP/W/O/E - SN650 | Kesler Night|

3 minutes ago, CaribouCanuck said:

There was a lot of time between the Preds final regular season game and game one, and therefor probably a lot of rust, I have to imagine after playing a game that a lot of that rust will be shaken off by the Predators. But I also have to imagine that a lot of the jitters from the inexperienced players on the Nucks will also be shaken off. I feel like this is going to be a tighter game and that it’s going to be even harder to pull the win out of this one. 

It was less than a week. A team of professional athletes does not get rusty in 6 days.

• Vintage 1

We need to win this game and wrap up the series fast with how quick the Oilers v Kings series is gonna be from the look of it. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

Well he's drawing most of the defensive attention, so he's freeing up other lines to play more freely and on the pp that allows Miller and Hughes more space on the left side

Yep.   They know who the gamebreaker is.   Dekey Pete doesn't need to score if he's nuetralizing another teams best line and freeing up other lines to do their thing.   We saw this during the regular season too.   Maybe we just need to put the same trust into the system, that the team seems to have on their system, line combo's, and assignments.    NSH knows better than to poke the bear, yet anyways.  

• Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Mackcanuck said:

Yeah Baby!  Thinkin' Miller will be First Star tonight (or at least be deserving of it).

Joshua is not our top power forward.  J. T. Miller is, and tonight's the night for the whole league to learn that.

thinking …. how good would it be to hear a record scratch through that old U2 and pound out some “back in black🎼 to fire up the boyz and the crowd…. give the team what they want

skate jersey

its time… perfect timing to make the permanent switch

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 5 min Major said:

thinking …. how good would it be to hear a record scratch through that old U2 and pound out some “back in black🎼 to fire up the boyz and the crowd…. give the team what they want

skate jersey

its time… perfect timing to make the permanent switch

Don't think we can use the skate now that we have used our home Blues. Pretty sure you can only use one home and one away jersey for the playoffs.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, greenbean30 said:

I'll never understand the hate Kes got. He had complete control on where he wanted to go and he used it. He gave us his best years by far and destroyed his body for this team.

Maybe you weren't around for some of his behaviour as he left.

But I have moved on, he was a very valuable member of the team, and is more humble than that schmozzle.

Unless he is cheering for the Preds...   then F.K.

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, 24K said:

We need to win this game and wrap up the series fast with how quick the Oilers v Kings series is gonna be from the look of it. 

I'd rather the oilers sit and wait frankly, but I don't think that one will necessarily be that quick anyway. 

• Cheers 1

31 minutes ago, Strawbone said:

Just heard on the radio that Ryan Kesler will be attending with his son too. If the team can channel some Kesler energy in this game it’s gonna be a good one!

$20 says he winds up the siren during pregame. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, greenbean30 said:

I'll never understand the hate Kes got. He had complete control on where he wanted to go and he used it. He gave us his best years by far and destroyed his body for this team.

We were still bitter from the loss.

2 minutes ago, Goal_thecup said:

But I have moved on, he was a very valuable member of the team, and is more humble than that schmozzle.

Unless he is cheering for the Preds...   then F.K.

I was around, and yeah he handcuffed where he went, and said he didn't want to be apart of a rebuilding bad team. Can't fault him for it.

Was a mad at the time he didn't want to be here anymore, and that he wanted to go to a specific city limiting our negotiating power? Absolutely, but not mad enough to hate the guy for years on end lol.

• ThereItIs 1

12 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Maybe we just need to put the same trust into the system, that the team seems to have on their system, line combo's, and assignments.

That's exactly what some fans have been doing all season. Keep trusting. 

• ThereItIs 1

17 minutes ago, MathIsFun said:

Interesting how  many  people have referred to the Predator's  last half of the season to the Canuck's last half of the season. Remember that three important players were out of the lineup for a lot of that second half. They were Lindholm, Joshua, and Demko. Look who the "Stars" were in game 1: Lindholm, Joshua and Demko!

Exactly this! Wasn't the real team. 

17 minutes ago, Goal_thecup said:

It wasn't that he wanted to leave. I totally get that; he felt he had a couple of years left to contribute, and wanted to go for a cup.

If he told management that and said: "Please send me to a contender", it would have been A-OK. Still self-serving, but understandably so.

However, demanding he be traded to a specific team gave the Canucks zero negotiating power. He put his own desires ahead of that of ownership, the team, the coaches, the GM, and the fans. It was a very selfish move, and it pissed people off. 

At least from my own perspective, I don't hate the guy. He gave his all to this team while he was in Vancouver. But he cannot expect to be remembered fondly when the very last thing he did is screw the team. Everyone forgives at different speeds. Some never do. That's a fact of life.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Reznor said:

It wasn't that he wanted to leave. I totally get that; he felt he had a couple of years left to contribute, and wanted to go for a cup.

If he told management that and said: "Please send me to a contender", it would have been A-OK. Still self-serving, but understandably so.

However, demanding he be traded to a specific team gave the Canucks zero negotiating power. He put his own desires ahead of that of ownership, the team, the coaches, the GM, and the fans. It was a very selfish move, and it pissed people off. 

At least from my own perspective, I don't hate the guy. He gave his all to this team while he was in Vancouver. But he cannot expect to be remembered fondly when the very last thing he did is screw the team. Everyone forgives at different speeds. Some never do. That's a fact of life.

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/kesler-canucks-trade-request-lie#

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, MathIsFun said:

Interesting how  many  people have referred to the Predator's  last half of the season to the Canuck's last half of the season. Remember that three important players were out of the lineup for a lot of that second half. They were Lindholm, Joshua, and Demko. Look who the "Stars" were in game 1: Lindholm, Joshua and Demko!

Add Soucy for a while too.