Anyone else feel immensely dejected?

after following the nuck during the last 30 YEARS, i would not say i feel immensively dejected in a early stage of the playoffs.

now come back with your question in the SCF, around games 6-7.

21 hours ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

If anything, this is the kind of "adversity" that team management and coaching staff had been trying to prep the players for.  We'll see if we've got contenders in the ranks, or pretenders content with earning a paycheque.

That's what i was thinking.   This year's team has exceeding expectations and is ahead of schedule for being a cup contender.

Winning the division, experiencing some adversity, and this playoff experience will go a long way to defining this team, it's culture, and teaching our young core what it takes to go all the way.

On 4/26/2024 at 10:18 AM, Canucks_fo_life said:

With the Thatcher Demko news, it just feels like we're now just waiting for the Canucks to be eliminated, like we're on borrowed time. The top teams at the end of the regular season have one goal, and it's a Stanley Cup, but when you lose your starting Vezina candidate goalie, it feels like the season is already over and now we're just waiting, whether it's round 1 or 2, you know you're not contending for a cup with your backup and 3rd string. It's been an amazing year but this is so heartbreaking, we got to be happy and full of hope for just 1 day. Kudos to those of you who still believe 

Booze is your friend. Go make some empties. A9A66563-E30D-4E6F-8693-8720192A5EE0.jpeg.5f208fa2d4fbdd1826f8999ca51a1052.jpeg

I can do without some meme of a racist rapist criminal pos above me but anyways...

Okay things seemed bleak on Friday morning when this thread was started.  Maybe its just the choice of words but immensely dejected? That's a bit over the top even back when it was a 1-1 series.

I agree with other long time fans. This is nothing.. In fact most long time fans will be expecting big hit of adversity.  Its happened just before or at the beginning of the playoffs before, in other years where we have a shot.  From Bertuzzi's faux pas that kept him out of the 2004 playoffs, to Daniel's concussion from Keith before the 2014 playoffs.  To Schneiders injury in 2011 playoffs when he was outplaying Lu at the time.

We were unnaturally healthy going into this playoffs, something had to go wrong.  Long time fans like me it is more like a momentary dejection, (when hearing of Demko, then DeSmith's injuries), but is replaced almost immediately with a familiar feeling of experiencing what we've cynically coined "Canuck Luck".  Just have to live with it and make the best of it when it rears its ugly head. 

I never wanted to say I'd be happy with just making the playoffs. Or even to lose in the Final.  I want to think "all the way' once playoffs start.  But if I'm honest with myself, i would be happy with the season if they can make the second round.  It would be disappointing to lose to Nashville considering how high up in the standings we were all season, and especially now that we are up 3 - 1.  No matter who's in goal. So because we have that lead, the team should....should.....win this series.  And if they do, it will feel like they made a big step this season.   I guess what I'm saying is that those are two different things.  The immediate response in hearing bad news like we have, and a wider, longer viewpoint, that we have a contending team right now, and probably for a few years.  That is the big positive I will take away from this season and into the summer.  The team made a gigantic leap.  In JR I trust. Things could be way worse.  Like our sister team the Sabres. Yikes. 

I was immensely dejected from 1970 through the Cup Final in 1982, then again until 1994, then really bummed during the Three Dark Winters of Messier, then massively bummed again in 2011. I am loving every minute of this team in the playoffs, and have nothing but praise and gratitude for the Rutherford/Allvin/Granato/Castonguay/Johnson team. They've brought in size, speed, toughness and a coaching staff made up of guys who have been to the Big Dance and have their names on the Cup. My hope is that this team goes all the way to the Final, because a bunch of them won't be back next season, and that might make me mildly dejected.

• Cheers 1