Anyone else feel immensely dejected?

I'm not even close to being dejected.   

That said, anyone not acknowledging the fact that things will be far more difficult without Demko is fooling themselves 

When Demko isn't in the lineup, the margin for error is very small and in the PO that is even more emphasized. He is that important to this club imo.  

We dominated stretches of last game.  That is not sustainable for Nashville over the course of the upcoming best of 5 series.  There was a play last game where Quinn kept skating circles around their team and while we didn't end up generating a goal, he looked like a cheat code in a video game.   I don't think now is the time to be panicking.  Having said that, I think I would prefer Silvos get a crack as I think DeSmith has very limited upside, especially if we play a high octane offensive team like Edmonton in Round 2.

I'm just gonna enjoy the ride for however long it goes.

Demko's injury certainly lowered the potential for us to go all the way this year, but it doesn't mean we don't have a chance.  Realistically, if Petey comes alive, we are probably as dangerous as we were with Demko in and Petey sputtering. 

Honestly, if Demko wasn't injured, and Petey, Miller, Hughes, and Boeser were all firing on all cylinders, we'd probably win a Cup.  That's how it goes though.  The team that has everything come together at the right time is usually the one that wins it all.  That's why I've said all along that luck is probably one of the biggest factors, if not the biggest factor in winning a Cup.

Say we lose the next 3 games.  
Guess what happens after the last game….. 

Nothing.  Life goes on and we wait to lose next year.   

This is being a Canucks fan. 
Either we have a big push at the end of the year, just barely miss the playoffs, and ruin our chances at a great draft pick. 
OR 

We lose key players in the playoffs and fizzle out.  

It’s only game 3 and we are tied.  

It Petey realizes he doesn’t suck, we are back in great shape!

More big slap shots directly at the players that keep trying to block. 
They will injure eventually.  
Keep the hits going.  

Think I understand how one can feel dejected. On the other hand think about how the players, coaches and management will learn and benefit from this playoff experience.

With the injury to Demko does that mean the pressure is off the team? 

Prob secret is for one to have 3, 5 or even 10 other serious interests & passions. Make it a sidebar to life's daily mayhem/rigamarole.

They've whored out this twisted league to corruption & gambling enterprise anywho, so WTF would anyone invest unconditional love at such a juncture?!

Time & blood pressure are too important. Prioritize!

• Wiener 1

50+ years of futility  dejected is my full on state concerning the Canucks.

One thing I have always said  "We will never win a Stanley Cup, while the statue of Roger Nielson stands outside the building"

Regardless how this series goes...no one can take game 1 from us.

That was something I needed psychologically as a fan myself. Certainly sucks to lose Demko...very sad he won't be with us during this process but we certainly aren't done yet. Its only tied the series. 

I hope this team can learn to overcome adversity.

18 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

Disappointed, sure. Immensely dejected seems a bit dramatic though.

Dejected was how it felt after losing game 7 to Boston in SCF.  Being 1-1 in round 1 of the playoffs?  Nearly every Stanley cup winner has needed to overcome injuries to key guys let's see if the Canucks Can!

• Upvote 1

I’m concerned for sure but in the end I just think we’re better than Nashville.  I’m still feeling like we’re probably going to win this series.  It’ll be more difficult for sure.  Thatcher is almost capable of stealing a game single-handedly.  We may not have the luxury of stealing one now.

I am not dejected because even if Demko is in, we still need to score goals, not struggling to score one.   I am dejected because our top scorers are not performing at the level that we know that they can.  DeSmith is not the issue here.  If we are scoring at the higher rate and we lose these type of games then it is a different issue.  It does change the dynamic of the game with Demko being out.  We are used to it anyways.  So hopefully that we can go through this round and the next round as well.  The lesson is already being taught in process of becoming an elite team for years to come.

I would like to say yes. But I can't. Yes it does suck that Demko got hurt. But first playoffs, outside of the bubble, I'm just going to enjoy the ride. Anybody who can't just enjoy the ride, well, sucks to be you.

We're up 2 to 1 in games, not worried at all about DeSmith.

I'm more concerned that with the offensive capabilities of the Canucks, that we were only able to generate 12 shots on goal.

Our offense needs to wake up and if it does, we can easily go deep in the playoffs riding DeSmith.

I wonder if there is a different route now, if we play this defensive-first hockey and beat Nashville, we maybe can play LA this way too? DeSmith would get destroyed by the Oilers but against LA...he might stand a chance if we play this opportunistic defence-first style?

We're not winning a cup without Demko but we could go far. Also you never know, odd goalies often come in and have mad runs in the playoffs and anyone can do it, whether it be a rookie or an old vet like Tim Thomas, goalies are such wild cards in the playoffs.

9 hours ago, Canucks_fo_life said:

With the Thatcher Demko news, it just feels like we're now just waiting for the Canucks to be eliminated, like we're on borrowed time. The top teams at the end of the regular season have one goal, and it's a Stanley Cup, but when you lose your starting Vezina candidate goalie, it feels like the season is already over and now we're just waiting, whether it's round 1 or 2, you know you're not contending for a cup with your backup and 3rd string. It's been an amazing year but this is so heartbreaking, we got to be happy and full of hope for just 1 day. Kudos to those of you who still believe 

Or... you could look at this is a chance to make new playoff heroes!

Because this Canucks team certainly has a whole lotta life left in it still