[PGT] Canucks at [Expletive deleted] - Round 1 - Game 6

1 hour ago, Ilunga said:

I will agree with our coach both in regards to the officiating in the series against Nashville, the upcoming series against Edmonton in regards to embellishment.

" I can't stand it: Canucks coach Rick Tocchet tired of  embellishment in playoffs " 

https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/i-cant-stand-it-canucks-coach-rick-tocchet-tired-of-embellishment-in-playoffs

" So what's Rick Tocchet's take on the on the officiating in the in the post season ? 

" Brad Watson was our ( referee ) supervisor and he was excellent " said Tocchet who's the Canucks head coach " it's the best communication I've had with the referees in the playoffs in a long time. I thought the refs did a really good job. 

" Am I going to nitpick ?

Do I think we should have had a couple more (power plays) ? Yeah I do " 

Tocchet then went on to say he does have an issue with diving, flopping and other shady tactics players across the league are using to try and sucker referees into calling penalties. 

He did not call out a specific team or player. He does seem to have company in his thinking, considering he was part of a meeting with the NHL head office brass in sunday and Tocchet explained that " I'm glad Colin Campbell said - it too much embellishing ".

So I don't know about an email however embellishment has been discussed by the NHL " head office brass ". 

I am glad our coach is voicing his concerns.

Agreed with all points here

RT did a great job addressing his concerns. 

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Edmonton Oilers waiting impatiently for shot at Vancouver Canucks

"Those three games were six or seven months ago.  We’re a different team and whatever happened during the regular season doesn’t mean anything.”

https://canoe.com/sports/edmonton-oilers-waiting-impatiently-for-shot-at-vancouver-canucks/wcm/9f3291d0-69bc-40ae-ba66-3a3e95f11779

LOLZ. Actually one of "those games" were one of the final games of the season where we virtually clinched div title with our back up goalie. 

6 hours ago, tas said:

unfortunately for the league, the guy being an absolute drip, just a total personality black hole, counters out the marketability of his obvious skills. 

just a terrible face for the league. 

I don’t disagree with you about personality, but I don’t think it bothers many Canucks fans when it comes to Hughes lol. Can’t really argue he is any better at that. 

On 5/5/2024 at 1:30 PM, AnthonyG said:

No word of a lie with just under 4 minutes to go I called standy mid air and said Canucks are scoring a back breaker. IMG_4212.thumb.jpeg.2dc7856f2a01e50b33b6676469bc4361.jpeg

I swear on my daughters life this is 1000% legit.

if anyone doesnt know what a standy is, its when you flip your empty beer in the air and try to get it to stand up (in beer league its a free beer if you do) it is not easy to do. I felt the need to attempt a standy for good luck and it paid off.

And if the Canucks lose this round we know who to blame.

9 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

There's been a lot of negative energy thrown around and I refuse to let it crush what is a super exciting time.

No matter what happens, this team IS legit and HAS proven themselves to date. Some are still waiting for them to crash and burn (woops, negative) so they can be proven right. I just really question the logic in that.

This is a tough deal. NHL playoffs are not a walk in the park and no team is just breezing through. Games are tightly fought out...often 0-0 until someone breaks through. 

I love the vibe in the city, I love having something to look forward to on a Tuesday-Wednesday when the sun is shining. Soak it all in as a moment to moment experience. We can't project what will/won't happen, we're just along for the ride.

I have faith in this team. I think their attitude is one of winners and their resilience and determination really shine through when they're managing to win games in the dying moments because they refuse to give up. We should all be hopping on board with that attitude and not be giving up on them. Oilers pffffft.

It is interesting that the better the team does the more negative some people get, but who cares. My wife and I are loving the ride and this is such a likable team too, lots of solid guys there.

• Like 1