[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | May 8th, 7:00PM PT | Round 2, Game 1 (Series tied 0-0)

26 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

I didn't watch much of the Oilers/Kings series, but I wonder if the Kings played the Oilers physically or if they tried to match the end-to-end speed game. Kings might've been sucked into the Oilers style of play.

I think the Canucks will be a tougher matchup than the Kings, because of the structured D game and the nastiness of Zadorov, Myers, Soucy and Cole. 

I think the 1-3-1 formation vs the Oilers did not work, also Oilers powerplay lit them up.

It's best we stay out of the box as a big key to the series 

• Cheers 1

I agree with tocchet there, i mean the leafs and kings have a lot of playoff experience and yet they still can't find a way.  Let's learn faster and adapt quickly. 

Hope we bust hymen up.

Hope Silovs plays lights out. Oilers offence is much more dangerous than Preds. Preds only threat is Forsberg and ORyllie but they’re not McDavid and Drysaityl. Much tougher to stop.

4 minutes ago, PeteyBoeser said:

Hope Silovs plays lights out. Oilers offence is much more dangerous than Preds. Preds only threat is Forsberg and ORyllie but they’re not McDavid and Drysaityl. Much tougher to stop.

Best way to stop McDavid or Leon is to find a way to get them off their game, make them frustrated. Stay out of the box.

15 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

May as well hear it; 

While I have no love for the Oilers, you can really see the mental exhaustion creep in when he fields some of these questions. 

• Haha 1

IMhO we need to get to Skinner, he’s actually been playing quite well recently and probably has a lot of confidence but that can be fickle for a goalie, if we could get the Oilers to put Campbell in, that would be awesome.

2 hours ago, NucksFan said:

I thought they were just talking about outdoor  viewing parties not the indoor one. 
The huge crowd downtown watching on the big screen in 2011 is what they are trying to avoid I believe.

Fewer windows to break in a park.

28 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

May as well hear it; 

McDavid doesn't know Lindholm or Zadorov in a Canucks uniform. He's probably stressing knowing that Miller will be stapled to him all series. It will be fun.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Everyone seems to have us written off and I think it’s funny. The Oilers have great special teams and honestly nit a lot else. If we can stay out of the box and play five on five I see us winning this. Silovs is better than Skinner. Out defence is huge and playing very well. McDiver, Crysaitle and Hyman are really the threat. We have two very good matchup centermen that can take care of that and pot a few at the same time. I think Petey will have far more time and space in this series to light them up as the attention will not be on him after hos last performance. Edmonton can’t handle our depth and that wins in the playoffs. Go Canucks Go!

After so many wrong predictions about the Canucks all season long from media and some fans, even each time we've faced the Oilers, I don't see why there's reason to believe that suddenly this time they're all going be right. 

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Toni Zamboni said:

i have to be in calgary for these first couple games...yuck.

Where you watching Friday's game?

4 hours ago, stawns said:

And what does getting in a sctum change there?  Do you think that'll stop the Oikers from doing it again.  You box guys out during the play and when the whistle blows, you skate away.  Do you think the Oilers are just going to sit there and manhandle the goalie after the whistle if the Canucks don't engage?  They'd look pretty stupid and would like get penalties themselves

How am I any more set in my ways and difficult to converse with than you? I don't see you considering any other perspective other than your own.  You see it youf way and I have no issue with that at all.  Yet you have an issue with me seeing it my way.

Don't be such a hypocrite 

Its the psychological message it sends that going to your house (crease) is easy. Have to box out and stand and block the opposing team from even smelling your goalie. It's why every team does it.