[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Fri May 10 - 7pm pt | Round 2 Game 2 Canucks lead series 1-0

1 minute ago, bhoodlum said:

We got 2 less points than the Oilers since the All Star. That narrative doesn't hold a lot of water for me. I don't know what these media hacks are on about. 

No one likes us. We don't care. We are all Canucks.

Exactly. I wish I could give this comment 1000 upvotes ... F' the Oilers, F' the refs, it's us against the world.

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Googlie said:

He played 54 games in the regular season - 124 NHL games overall.

still dont know why that would warrant swapping him out for cole

cole was steady as hell all series against nashville and ate up extremely hard minutes all season long for us, hes a proven playoff performer over multiple season and playoff series. 

if we didnt have cole for sure juulsen would deserve a shot (he is a capable 6th dman on most teams) but we have great depth. if cole puts up a few more stinkers then maybe

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, bhoodlum said:

We got 2 less points than the Oilers since the All Star. That narrative doesn't hold a lot of water for me. I don't know what these media hacks are on about. 

No one likes us. We don't care. We are all Canucks.

exactly this. 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Rekker said:

Burgers and Pils tonight. But you all making me envious with your menus, lol.

I haven’t figured out what to have for dinner yet but definitely not cooking. I do have beer Chilling in the fridge though.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Barnstorm said:

Get your PTSC entry in. 
Wouldn’t be surprised if CFF falls off the rails at some point. Hope not though. 

I did this quite often in the past, I did pretty well but overall the Canucks did not.  This year I haven't done it once & they had a fantastic season.  I'm going to stick with that.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, HarbularyBattery said:

they are pure trash in their own zone and defending off the rush

their reads are so bad they're borderline illiterate

the land rover defender is more reliable than any of edmontons defenders (except ekholm)

edmonton has once again failed to ice an nhl caliber defense and starting goaltender

if mcdavid is contained its all over for them

the key is not sitting back like LA did. their vulnerability is defending against speedy entries and a hard forecheck. and skinners reads SUCK off the rush. 

Anyway canucks 8, edmonton 1. and i think its interesting that we'll have chosen to go with our 1st powerplay unit. 

Edmonton having an AHL-level defense and goaltending after picking early for over half a decade is borderline criminal.

The Oilers should’ve never had so many 1st OA picks. It’s anti hockey. Anyone who cares about the integrity of the sport should be rooting against them. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Cali Canuck said:

Re: Dinner = Steak, my version of a chef's salad.  dessert = whiskey & some form of chocolate (exact products TBD) possibly a lime marg if needed

Good call on the lime marg. Time to crack the 3 blender margariyaville out of the storage locker for the weekend!! Woooo!

8 minutes ago, Cali Canuck said:

I did this quite often in the past, I did pretty well but overall the Canucks did not.  This year I haven't done it once & they had a fantastic season.  I'm going to stick with that.

That was due to invasion community being down, all forums using their software were down, not CFFs fault.

6 minutes ago, Guntrix said:

Edmonton having an AHL-level defense and goaltending after picking early for over half a decade is borderline criminal.

The Oilers should’ve never had so many 1st OA picks. It’s anti hockey. Anyone who cares about the integrity of the sport should be rooting against them. 

theyve been horrendously managed. so have we, but we havent had anywhere NEAR the opportunities they've had

like, with mcdavid and draisaitl, a cup should be easy for them

and its not like goaltenders and defensemen havent been available in trade or ufa

the incompetence is truly biblical

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Cali Canuck said:

A true team player. Thanks!

• Like 1

Just now, HarbularyBattery said:

theyve been horrendously managed. so have we, but we havent had anywhere NEAR the opportunities they've had

like, with mcdavid and draisaitl, a cup should be easy for them

and its not like goaltenders and defensemen havent been available in trade or ufa

the incompetence is truly biblical 

yep, they just need to hire Jim B & John W and their problems will solved.  😂Complete sarcasm but it would be unbelievably funny if that's who replaced Ken Holland.

• Like 1

Something interesting is afoot

my wife is from calgary

ALL of her friends are supporting the nucks

+ two of our total studs came from the flames

think i can safely cheer for the flames in anything the canucks aren't involved in moving forward

great energy from calgarians, theyve found some especially creative ways of sh***ing on the oilers

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

The source was the HFboards GDT; the posts have now been scrubbed by the mods but I personally saw them on there this morning.  This is part of why it's important that fans don't ignore the problem and call out the league for continuing to employ this dirtbag.  The more articles like this, the more pressure the league feels to start holding problem officials accountable.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”

John Stuart Mill 1867

7 minutes ago, Barnstorm said:

A true team player. Thanks!

And the first Canuck game I attended live in years was the game in San Jose that they won 10-1.  Really it should have been 10 - 0 but Toc rightly so didn't want challenge for goalie interference in a 10 - 0 game.

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

IF the Boys lose this one, please continue OUR Support. 

The Fans in the building last game never gave up, they cheered the Boys on constantly. 

Let’s do the same here. Please. 

they wont lose 

drai is on his cycle

8-1 canucks

get ready for the mega curb stomping of stu skinner