[PGT] Divemonton at Vancouver - Round 2 - Game 5

10 hours ago, BCNeil said:

Doesn't he still pay part of his salary to Russia as tax?  Maybe the war changed that.

But if he is paying Russian income tax.  That would be more useful, than using him as a soldier.  

I don't think so, he's a Canadian perminant resident and said in an interview with Ian MacIntyre that he has no intention of returning to Russia. I belive he said "there's no future for my family in Russia". Players who maintain their off-season home in Russia might still pay some tax there. 

28 minutes ago, Devron said:

That JT miller goal. I was jumping around with confusion, like I think we score but I don’t know 

Dreams really do come true!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Artemus said:

Yes, there could be a good debate whether to have Cole or Juulsen line up on the other side of General Zad.

Juulsen is a bit quicker, a bit more physical, has a good outlet pass and is right handed.

Cole is that grizzled vet that has been through the Stanley Cup wars on multiple occasions. Unfortunately, he is playing on his weak side, being left handed. This was noticeable in the first period when he got jammed up trying to play the puck on his backhand and resulted in an odd man break.

Though I believe that Juulsen is the better right side defenceman, I would still play Cole, just as Rick Tocchet is doing.

The playoff experience that Cole has is priceless.

Next season we will see full time play from Juulsen. 

I was looking forward to Cole getting his act together, that hasn't happened and it's been costly. I'd put Juulsen in, and challenge him to play hard but be conscious of his positioning.

• Cheers 1

37 minutes ago, Devron said:

That JT miller goal. I was jumping around with confusion, like I think we score but I don’t know 

Love how JT pointed at the net after scoring to signal goal. What a beaut!

• MillerTime 2

1 minute ago, grumpworsley said:

I think they have to keep Coles TOI down he seems to get gassed at the end of a shift if there is any kind of a scramble he has a tendency to make bad decisions

Exactly. he's good for 10-12 decent minutes. play everyone else an extra minute or two and it balances out.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

only 12 mins TOI for Cole last night. Thank you Toch and Foote. that is literally all he can handle at this point.

Cole was gassed on one of the Oiler goals. If they sit him out for Game #6 Juulsen can come in. I like Cole's experience. Both of them will play in the 3rd Round and giving Juulsen some TOI will pay off over the long run. 

What amazes me is how few hits the Oilers completed last night. Yes, sometimes the puck doesn't go in and the Oilers have experienced that. If the offense isn't producing a team has to play the physical game. They knew how important that game was and did not step up. It strikes me that there are divisions in that roster that the public doesn't know about. When you compare the Canuck bottom 6 against the Oiler bottom 6 there is a serious gap in quality and effort. I think the Oilers are being out coached even tho I like their new coach over the one they fired. 

The Bouchard bungle and PDG resulting goal was a back breaker. Soucy's wrister off the point might have been screened but there were 2 Oiler d-men standing in front of the net. Miller's goal was classic Canuck's. Lindstrom off the half wall, Petey deflecting and Miller putting it in. Oilers might question some of these goals but that ignores all the serious good looks the Canucks didn't score on. 

If the Canucks score first on Saturday it could be a Canuck blowout in the making. IMHO Tocchet goes with the same lineup other than Juulsen coming in for Cole.  

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

48 minutes ago, Devron said:

Same.

Most cautiously excited dance ever.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, grumpworsley said:

I think they have to keep Coles TOI down he seems to get gassed at the end of a shift if there is any kind of a scramble he has a tendency to make bad decisions

I'd just scratch him for a game; he  played better after he sat in the regular season.

Edited by King Heffy

9 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

Same.

Most cautiously excited dance ever.

Mine was the Phil Dig goal lol thought for sure it was offside so didnt want to celebrate. Nice surprise to see Drai helped us out 😀

• Like 2

Unfamiliar territory today. Reading the social media sites, listening to NHL Network, vast majority are rooting Canucks to eliminate the douchebag, diving Oilers. Not used to the support. Feels nice though. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Oilers fans have resorted to riots talk.

Losers

Yip. Garbage thrown on the ice is another big topic. I suppose talking about the Oilers glory years are next?

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Darius said:

Ex NHL referee who has been kissing coiler arse the whole way

Sounds like Draisaitl is going to have to play the entire 60 minutes on his own.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1