[Rumour] Hurricanes Not Expected To Re-Sign Brett Pesce, Martin Necas

32 minutes ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

Can we stop proposing to go after Pesce now in all the trade Hronek proposals at least?

I’m willing to include your bath sponge and slippers as part of a trade for Pesce, Grams. Sorry, not sorry 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

If Hronek asks for too much and needs to be traded we’d be looking at all options to acquire a RD. 

Fair enough. I guess I’m just not yet resigned to the possibility of having to deal Hronek - I feel like we’ll get him at a reasonable term and AAV. But I guess Pesce is one of the few UFAs who would fit so I get it. Dont like that projected $5.5 for Pesce though 

• Cheers 1

Just now, GrammaInTheTub said:

Fair enough. I guess I’m just not yet resigned to the possibility of having to deal Hronek - I feel like we’ll get him at a reasonable term and AAV. But I guess Pesce is one of the few UFAs who would fit so I get it. Dont like that projected $5.5 for Pesce though 

Hronek has been having an off playoffs. 

He’s pointless, a minus player and his ice-time is down from the regular season in favor of defenders outplaying him like Zadorov.  Hughes has produced without him producing. 

He’s a top 4 D but if he asks for too much we’re better off selling high as I think some teams would be willing to pay that, like the Canes or Sens and spending the cap more responsibly. 

If he’s willing to stay in the 6s sure bring him back. When you have a guy like Devon Toews who’s a notch or two better than Hronek, performs in the playoffs and is in the low 7s I don’t see Hronek being worth close to that. 

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

TOR will be after him and Shanahan will want to secure his job so perhaps expect an overpay for Pesce on the Laffs part, especially if they move on from Marner and/or Tavares

Edited by RWJC

1 minute ago, RWJC said:

TOR will be after him and Shanahan will want to secure his job so perhaps expect an overpay for Pesce on the Laffs part, especially if they move on from Marner and/or Tavares

They are kind of hooped with Tavares. That contract isn’t moveable(NMC) or buyoutable. They may be stuck with that unless Tavares wants out. They probably wait it out with 1 year left on it. 

Marner probably gone though. 

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

He's also had 7 different injuries. Not sure how long he'll hold out at this point. 

I can see a team taking term with him. 

At least he played 70 games. Could have been out all year like Klingberg. Klingberg will probably take whatever is thrown at him. 

Just now, Bob Long said:

I was pretty high on fish-boy, but that was before this current d group. I'd rather just go hard after keeping who we have now.

Also rather keep Lindy over Necas. 

I don’t want us to go too hard for Hronek. Compared to Zadorov these playoffs he’s been the Petey of the D-core. 

Just now, Junkyard Dog said:

I don’t want us to go too hard for Hronek. Compared to Zadorov these playoffs he’s been the Petey of the D-core. 

not crazy money, but he's been a solid fit here. He's also capable of QB'ing a PP if Hughes ever gets hurt. 

Just now, Bob Long said:

not crazy money, but he's been a solid fit here. He's also capable of QB'ing a PP if Hughes ever gets hurt. 

If he stays in the 6s sure. Anything more than that and he shouldn’t be staying. 

6 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I can see a team taking term with him. 

At least he played 70 games. Could have been out all year like Klingberg. Klingberg will probably take whatever is thrown at him. 

I got a few things to throw at Klingberg

• Haha 1
  • chaos 1

I have Necas in Fantasy.  This pops up & everyone wants him cheap in trades too?

Necas is 2C, takes defensive assignments, even PK.  

Jarvis did steal what 1st PP time he got & he is down from 71 points?  True, but Jarvis plays wing.  Jarvis also took top PP minutes from Svechnikov, who is paid $7.75M & Teuvo Teravainen. Another long time top PP guy. Necas had similar points but more goals than Svech, plays a more important role. Do they leave Kotkaniemi, or 35 year old Jordan Staal to play 2C? His 53 points and 24 goals are not that different to a lot of years from top 2 C's, especially in B'rindamours system.

This is all posturing.  Just trying  not to pay him $8 or $9Mill. 

18 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

We are winning in teh 2knd round.  Holding the most offensive PP & 2 players in the world from beating us.  Even Hughes is not lighting it up. 

We do need a long term 3C if Lindy is not it.  Hronek has been one of the best trades for us.  Not interested, even though I like Necas.

Must admit it would be funny if we traded Hronek for Necas. Then signed Pesce UFA!  👻

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

We are winning in teh 2knd round.  Holding the most offensive PP & 2 players in the world from beating us.  Even Hughes is not lighting it up. 

We do need a long term 3C if Lindy is not it.  Hronek has been one of the best trades for us.  Not interested, even though I like Necas.

Must admit it would be funny if we traded Hronek for Necas. Then signed Pesce UFA!  👻

Hughes has 9 points to Hronek’s 0. Every D has a point besides him. Zadorov has 8. Zadorov has been eating away at Hronek’s ice time in these playoffs. There was over a 6 minute gap in terms of ice time between them during the regular season and now there’s only a 37 second gap. 

I like Hronek but in the 6s. Anything more than we should explore our options elsewhere IMO. Toews is in the low 7s and is a better defender by a notch or two so Hronek should get less than Toews. 

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

He's also had 7 different injuries. Not sure how long he'll hold out at this point. 

^^^ THIS. Yeah he's got size and he's a RHD. But I don't get hockey player lust that folks have on here for him.

• Like 1

If I recall correctly (and I may not be), at the end of the season during our player team player awards ceremony, Hronek took his jersey off to give it to the fan and his shoulder and elbow were all bandaged up. If he’s been playing banged up, I understand his dip and think it’s fair to assess the extent of its impact on his play.

If he has been healthy, then I am not okay with his drop in play and if his dollar doesn’t fit I would certainly agree with moving him. I have a lot of faith in PA and JR to make the right moves this offseason for our team in any event! 

• Cheers 1