GDT - CANUCKS vs OILERS. GAME 6 - Finish Them! 5pm PST.

Here's my perspective.

-  Canucks had a good first period, but only one goal.  The PP sucked the life out of any momentum.

-  Oilers had a good 2nd... and Bouchard capitalized to make it 2-1.  Then they got another on a weak goal allowed by Silovs.  The Canucks were starting to build momentum when Garland got called on a bullsh*t-penalty... which turned into a 5 on 3... which the Canucks killed but which exhausted the D.  Then the Canucks got a 5 on 3, which was wasted, then the intermission broke up the remainder of the penalty.  Overall result:  The Canucks D got tired from the 5-3, Oilers D did not get tired from Canuck 5-3.

-  Canucks were starting to build momemtum in the 3rd... then the Oilers got another weak one past Silovs... and Kane put the lid on it.

Write it off as a less than stellar game from Silovs... which after all the great play this Rookie has put in, you can't blame him for.

2nd major factor... Canuck forwards were not moving their feet enough... they started well in the first period, probably the Edmonton quick goals in the 2nd took the life out of the team.

I think the team will have a lot more energy back in Van... the crowd and desperation will do that.

Oilers will again come hard in the 1st... guaranteed they will be on a high.

Overall, I think the Canucks have a better chance to win.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Ya but the players don’t listen to the coaches. You can’t tell me they are saying don’t take shots. Stand around and pass it. No creativity on it. Maybe not the right personnel on it and they might not have creative enough players. I really thought Petey would be way more creative than he has been. He doesn’t try to deke on it or open himself up. Disappointing. 

I don't know what it is tbh. Don't know if it's the players or the coaches or both. Just think that our PP should be better than it's been. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Beni said:

I think Toch is actually quite good at making adjustments.

You don't come back in the 3rd period as much as they have without great coaching.

They are absolutely dreadful on the PP but that's not on Tocchet. 

Thank you. Exactly. It’s so frustrating when you get these bandwagon fans who show up for playoffs, have no clue, and say some ignorant 💩 when they lose.

1 minute ago, RWJC said:

Totally. I hear ya. But the process to get there is usually a lot more gradual, right? Just a few seasons ago there was talk to of blowing this team up and the dreaded REBUILD word.

look at us now.

this mgmt group has turned everything around. Draft picks, high end prospects, award winning players on a top tier team with locked in contracts of their core and some opportunities to improve the club and some cap space can be allocated to do so. This club is miles ahead. I think we’re headed in the right direction.

Love our team

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, 24K said:

This is game 7 elimination game. You can throw all your ready or not bs out of the window. 

If a player is healthy to play, he play. 

Hes barely played since the all Star game, has had no competitive practices..,.,...putting him into a pressure cooker of a game doesn't seem wise.  Who knows though.......maybe if Sikovs hadn't been so good though

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jigsaw said:

Fair weather. Look that word up. 

Haha. Trust me they are not winning anything with Rick Tocchet. Keeps Ian Cole in, loves phil, turning finesse players that weight 175 into checking forwards

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Ya but the players don’t listen to the coaches. You can’t tell me they are saying don’t take shots. Stand around and pass it. No creativity on it. Maybe not the right personnel on it and they might not have creative enough players. I really thought Petey would be way more creative than he has been. He doesn’t try to deke on it or open himself up. Disappointing. 

You hate Petey and dump all over him any chance you get anyway.

He was the best Canuck forward on the ice tonight... which isn't saying much since the whole team went to sleep after the 1st period.

3 minutes ago, TetrisBloctT said:

Should be, you will watch this team crumble under Rick Tocchet

You have watched this team rise under RT too in case you hadnt noticed. If it crumbles it doesn’t change that it took someone to build it up to where it was. Try being fair.

• Cheers 3

3 minutes ago, Beni said:

I think Toch is actually quite good at making adjustments.

You don't come back in the 3rd period as much as they have without great coaching.

They are absolutely dreadful on the PP but that's not on Tocchet. 

Not a Tochett issue. He doesn’t tell them to suck on the pp. if they had a half decent pp we wouldn’t need 7 games.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I guarantee you the coaches are not saying don’t take shots, nor are the players thinking not to take them. 

They are over thinking looking for the perfect play instead of simplifying and getting shots and bodies to the net. 

25 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

I can hardly wait to hear all the "told you so's" who will ignore the fact that this series is tied. They haven't won anything yet.

Neither have we. Need about a 10,000% better effort in game 7.

Just now, TetrisBloctT said:

Haha. Trust me they are not winning anything with Rick Tocchet. Keeps Ian Cole in, loves phil, turning finesse players that weight 175 into checking forwards

Thanks for coming out. The bandwagon has a stop coming up. Make sure you jump off and take your shit with you. YOU DONT GIVE UP ON YOUR TEAM WHEN THEY ARE STILL IN IT WITH HOME ICE…. And say they will never win anything with the coach of the year.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

Hes barely played since the all Star game, has had no competitive practices..,.,...putting him into a pressure cooker of a game doesn't seem wise.  Who knows though.......maybe if Sikovs hadn't been so good though

He’s literally played in the playoffs this season 😂

Tocchet needs to do is work on zone entry on the PP... should be a big focus on this.

2nd focus should be on shooting... just fire it...

3rd focus... take it to the net... no f*king around... take it to the net and jam it in.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Psylocke said:

I don't think we've turned. We're just disappointed in how they played because we've seen better and know they can do better. 

Anyway, gotta have a short memory.

Just a joke calling out the sky is falling crowd

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

This is professional players at the highest level. They want the challenge and are highly competitive that pressure cooker ain't gonna be an excuse. 

It is more unwise to piss off your starting goalie if he is ready to go in a do or die game. Not to mention Tocchet had a promise to fulfill. 

Silvos was pedestrian today so there is no Silvos so good argument after this game. 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

Here's my perspective.

-  Canucks had a good first period, but only one goal.  The PP sucked the life out of any momentum.

-  Oilers had a good 2nd... and Bouchard capitalized to make it 2-1.  Then they got another on a weak goal allowed by Silovs.  The Canucks were starting to build momentum when Garland got called on a bullsh*t-penalty... which turned into a 5 on 3... which the Canucks killed but which exhausted the D.  Then the Canucks got a 5 on 3, which was wasted, then the intermission broke up the remainder of the penalty.  Overall result:  The Canucks D got tired from the 5-3, Oilers D did not get tired from Canuck 5-3.

-  Canucks were starting to build momemtum in the 3rd... then the Oilers got another weak one past Silovs... and Kane put the lid on it.

Write it off as a less than stellar game from Silovs... which after all the great play this Rookie has put in, you can't blame him for.

2nd major factor... Canuck forwards were not moving their feet enough... they started well in the first period, probably the Edmonton quick goals in the 2nd took the life out of the team.

I think the team will have a lot more energy back in Van... the crowd and desperation will do that.

Oilers will again come hard in the 1st... guaranteed they will be on a high.

Overall, I think the Canucks have a better chance to win.

I think Boeser was very much a momentum Killer in this game. He didn’t think he had to skate to anything. Disappointing would be a big understatement. 

1 minute ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

You hate Petey and dump all over him any chance you get anyway.

He was the best Canuck forward on the ice tonight... which isn't saying much since the whole team went to sleep after the 1st period.

He’s been sub par since the all star break. What is untrue about that? It’s your issue if you can’t handle that he hasn’t been good for the most part for the second half of the season. That’s just truth and he’s way better than what he is showing at least he has shown that he was before. So I know there is way more there but don’t come on here and say I don’t like him. I don’t like his game the second half. So what. Who does??

1 minute ago, Jigsaw said:

Thanks for coming out. The bandwagon has a stop coming up. Make sure you jump off and take your shit with you. YOU DONT GIVE UP ON YOUR TEAM WHEN THEY ARE STILL IN IT WITH HOME ICE…. And say they will never win anything with the coach of the year.

It’s just funny, you humans have no idea what’s coming. You think you will be watching hockey when earthquakes and volcanoes start, the sun will continue to mess with earth’s natural cycle of storms and floods

2 minutes ago, Psylocke said:

I don't know what it is tbh. Don't know if it's the players or the coaches or both. Just think that our PP should be better than it's been. 

My simple answer to the ultra-aggressive Oiler PK is to shoot, one-timer and chaos will ensure for a rebound goal with open space in the slot when 2 PK is  close to the blue line.   Maybe adjust their formation to different type of PP because Ultra-aggressive PKer will go to the board faster and thwart the PP when Hughes is forced to dump to the board when there are no option available or else there'd be a breakaway or 2 on 1 shorthanded.     Just 2-3 pass set-up and shoot and that's it.    Someone is bound to pick up a rebound and in.  Hronek is not the answer if they are looking to shake up their 1st unit.  Lekk would be an option for one-timer and he is really fresh and could snipe one-timer.   I would shorten the bench with Lekk playing in 4th line with not many minutes and send him up for a PP if it is even an option.   

Just now, 24K said:

This is professional players at the highest level. They want the challenge and are highly competitive that pressure cooker ain't gonna be an excuse. 

It is more unwise to piss off your starting goalie if he is ready to go in a do or die game. Not to mention Tocchet had a promise to fulfill. 

Silvos was pedestrian today so there is no Silvos so good argument after this game. 

#1  Tocchet will put Demko in if he's ready... if his knee or whatever it is prevents him playing, then Tocchet will look elsewhere.

#2  Silovs was not a passenger today... he made some excellent saves...  Unfortunately he let in two easy ones at exactly the wrong time. 

But if Tocchet needs to go back to Silovs, you can be sure he will be ready.  If he is not, then DeSmith will be.

2 minutes ago, RWJC said:

@stawns

im waiting for your response please.

Why would I respond to you?  You're a gatr keeper and not someone who has a reasonable discussion.  You just want to tell people the proper way to be a fan.  I don't consider you to be a serious poster that way

• Confused 1