[PGT] Vancouver at Edmonton - Round 2 - Game 6

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Rush said:

Decided to take some time before posting again like in last series.

This feels like a great opportunity. Regardless of the outcome I can say I have enjoyed the journey to this point. This next game will help the organization decide who has the will and burning desire to be difference makers. Whether that be offensively or defensively. Tocc was watching the guys on the bench very closely in the final 10 minutes. He was reading the players and see who he thinks he can trust in game 7. We saw a lot of the bottom lines to close out the final frame and I'm glad it seemed like he rested some of the vets.

I expect Mikheyev will be back in. Podz I hope will be. Silovs deserves the start. I have full confidence our team builders Jim and Alvin will deliver us an even more improved squad next season. One that will be younger with AHL injections and with more promising talent via trade and free agency.  I suspect Brock Boeser will be traded because he lacks the speed and drive to win each night. If he only was a bit faster he could be a real difference maker. I would make a play for Ehlers or better yet.. an actual good Dpartner for Quinn Hughes. A defensively reliable yet semi offensively gifted dman. Parayko maybe?  

I don't suspect Lindholm returns but I would welcome him here long term if he felt he had a chance to win a cup here. Dakota Joshua is going to be to costly to re-sign and we got plenty of stud young kids coming up. He should cash in but not in VAN. Garland has been a great piece for us! I am all for keeping him unless we can utilize the cap space better for a more efficient offensive threat. We are decently well built but still lack some key parts to be heavy favourites. We could beat the Oil Monday and give Dallas a run for their money. But to be a consistent cup contender you need more pieces. Perhaps our AHL kids start to give us that next year. But I think we still need a legit scorer. I think that person is Guentzel. Make it happen Jim. You know the man and you know how he can deliver.  Otherwise I would target some pieces out of Carolina Necas, Svech if he hits the market etc. Try and maybe poach a good man in ufa like Pesce. (Believe he doesn't want to Canada tho).

This next game will be our mona lisa. Who will rise, who will prove they have the ability and can deliver! Coach isn't putting anyone in the lineup he doesn't feel has it. The burning desire to succeed! No one outside the room is coming in to save the guys. Demmer isn't being air dropped in so its up to the players in the room to look at themselves in the mirror and ask if they can give more. We need a big game on Monday and we need to give a full 60 minute effort. Something we have yet to do this series. Silovs has earned the start and I believe he is capable of delivering us the W. We just need to clean up their chances to go five hole in close. He got exposed there a few times tonight.

I trust Tocc. I trust Hughes n Miller. Let's get this rolling and trust our management will make this work! Even if some of the decisions this off-season are not the most crowd pleasing! Lets go boys!

Happy Ice Hockey GIF by NHL

Couldn’t have written this better myself. Hoping that the Game 5 team shows up for Game 7 but if not it will show how far the Canucks need to improve for next season. Go Canucks !

Edited by schmautzie

I'm asking one thing.Can the real Hughes show up for game 7.Skate.Walk the line and shoot.Stop dipsy doodling and fuck around skating to far down in the dot to get a good shot.Move latteraly and hammer the puck.Don't be another un-noticable offensively for one game.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dude said:

What the hell has happened to Zdorov.Smashed people all over the ice I heard his name twice tonight.

The whole team had a low game comparative to other games in the series.

But that aside, Z was there... he had 4 hits and he stomped on Kane when he tried a cheapshot.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Dude said:

I'm asking one thing.Can the real Hughes show up for game 7.Skate.Walk the line and shoot.Stop dipsy doodling and fuck around skating to far down in the dot to get a good shot.Move latteraly and hammer the puck.Don't be another un-noticable offensively for one game.

Hughes nearly put the puck in the net... Skinner barely deflected it with the edge of the blocker.

But like the rest of the team, he had a low energy game compared to others in the series.

Edited by -Buzzsaw-

1 minute ago, Dude said:

Oilers figured him out. At least he’s not beat defensively except first goal 

We need to stop with this narrative of “it’s an honour just to be nominated” aka “we’re just happy to be in a game 7.” Yes, we’re here. We earned the right to be here. But we can’t just be satisfied to have made it to a game 7 against the Oilers. We have to want the win and we have to believe in our ability to win. No other result is acceptable. That’s how we need to approach this and everyone needs to bring their best

• Cheers 3

3 minutes ago, Dude said:

All the talk about Petey has really shielded Hughes, who has been as off as Petey, if not more, for the whole post season

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, arsenalian said:

Based on: Silovs came in and has played confidently, has a winning record, better rebound control and movement than Desmith and is obviously a key piece in the future of this team. Particularly, god forbid, if Demko keeps having injury issues, may be our starter sooner than later

But he lost.

I'd try DeSmith. 

3rd string goalie war!

1 hour ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Silovs has given up 3 or more goals in 5 of the 6 games this series. Lol. I just don't get why people are a staunch "No" on playing DeSmith. Silovs hasn't been exactly lights out. He's been good. But damn. To each their own I guess.

Skinner sucks but he came in refreshed.

Silov's needs a break from this pressure cooker.

• Cheers 2

Just now, Hairy Kneel said:

Skinner sucks but he came in refreshed.

Silov's needs a break from this pressure cooker.

Legit point! 

No time for crying! 

This is where heroes are born!

Let's go!

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

All the talk about Petey has really shielded Hughes, who has been as off as Petey, if not more, for the whole post season

There's a saying about wanting something so bad, you can't always think properly, and I swear that's what we're seeing with Hughes.

Really doesn't seem himself, I hope he get's another series..

• Upvote 1