[PGT] Vancouver at Edmonton - Round 2 - Game 6

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I commend you for your faith in this team, but man, I did not see this kinda effort coming for game 6.  That was brutal.  Not sure they could have played much worse.

Game 6 was our worst game. I've been saying that. Doesn't mean we lose game 7. I'm just saying have faith in the known of how many times we'ven beaten them and the fact that we can.

Or not ... up to you.

Edited by Dr. Crossbar

14 minutes ago, PeteyBoeser said:

Yeah that Soucy suspension much like Rome suspension killed any physicality and edge to our game. No more emotions after that

Kind of sad. Team can throw clean hits, they can’t get called for that. No one seems to want to finish their checks most of the time tho. 

1 hour ago, Dude said:

What the hell has happened to Zdorov.Smashed people all over the ice I heard his name twice tonight.

How many penalities have been called on Zadorov? I think some Canucks didn't want to give Refs any chance to call more Edmonton PPs. That being said, now we've called 7 PPs so we should stop considering them automatic.

13 minutes ago, copperlynx said:

Tocc must show this screenshot on the team meeting. 

Why do I get a feeling like we, collectively, are Bret Hart, and the Oilers are Shawn Michaels, and we are walking into a screw job after seeing that bracket? They TIED the series, the didn't win jack shit yet.

42 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

That's like CFF level lunacy!

100%

I like @Hairy Kneel... BUT, if people want to rally around and chant "PE-TEY. PE-TEY" after he no-shows for 12 straight playoff games, they sure as fuck better support our remarkable 3rd stringer even harder.

That kid has been playing far above and beyond what's expected of him and is definitely not the reason the Canucks got worked tonight.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, AnotherCanucksFan said:

How many penalities have been called on Zadorov? I think some Canucks didn't want to give Refs any chance to call more Edmonton PPs. That being said, now we've called 7 PPs so we should stop considering them automatic.

He was likely told they're watching him. 

He went after McDiver, late. Was fined.

Has been openly critical of officiating, and threw shade at the NHL's protection of cash cows.

They can't wait for him to cross the line. Even a legal, hard hit will be a charging major + game.

• Cheers 4

9 minutes ago, luckylager said:

100%

I like @Hairy Kneel... BUT, if people want to rally around and chant "PE-TEY. PE-TEY" after he no-shows for 12 straight playoff games, they sure as fuck better support our remarkable 3rd stringer even harder.

That kid has been playing far above and beyond what's expected of him and is definitely not the reason the Canucks got worked tonight.

I 100% agree. There better be an "AR-TY, AR-TY" chant. Poor kid got no help tonight. We gotta give him a boost!!!!! He's done nothing other than give the guys a chance to win!!!!!

• Vintage 2

51 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Skinner sucks but he came in refreshed.

Silov's needs a break from this pressure cooker.

That was more or less my thoughts as well. We forget the kid has 18 career starts. Half of which came in this 9 straight playoff games stretch. I love the guy like everyone else. But I wonder if we are putting too much on his back already. I am mostly just surprised at how people are flatly against even discussing DeSmith going in. He was great in his 2 playoff starts for us. And his final game against Edmonton in the regular season was pretty lights out. 32 saves on 33 shots. The idea he goes in should at least be discussion. Lol.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

I'd lean on the side of having faith. We've been proving people wrong all season. We can beat these guys. That we know. I'd lean on that knowing. More is known about that than unknown.

I agree. In the end what is going to happen will happen. All we can do is cheer for the team and hope for the best. We will need a lot more out of every player though if we wish to get any further wins in these playoffs. All the games here on out are going to be extremely challenging. 

• Cheers 1

We are not done yet.

We will move on to the next round.

Not ready to put my car flag away.

Game 7 is do or die. Team will prevail.

This is their opportunity to prove that they are in it to win it. 

Can't go down. Canucks never do it the easy way.

GCG LFG FTW

• Cheers 4

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, luckylager said:

100%

Wasn't our night. Tonight wasn't a guaranteed win in their arena. They were desperate to win. We'll be the same on Monday.

We need to support the team at this point. The blame game does nothing.

Silovs has kept us in this. No question about that.

Edited by Dr. Crossbar
  • Cheers 2

2 hours ago, LaBamba said:

Honestly, Hughes hasn’t been great either. He hasn’t been beetling around the offensive zone and breaking down coverage. 

I give him a little leeway because he gets crushed every time he gets the puck lol but yeah he needs to start producing as well

• ThereItIs 1

7 minutes ago, Rush said:

I agree. In the end what is going to happen will happen. All we can do is cheer for the team and hope for the best. We will need a lot more out of every player though if we wish to get any further wins in these playoffs. All the games here on out are going to be extremely challenging. 

Well said. Agree. Hope for the best. We actually have hope on our side this season.

1 hour ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Skinner sucks but he came in refreshed.

Silov's needs a break from this pressure cooker.

Why's that?  By all accounts, it doesn't seem to be affecting him.  

• Like 2