[PGT] Vancouver at Edmonton - Round 2 - Game 6

Posted (edited)

We are not going to score with low shots on goals. Last night it appears they are looking for the perfect pass and the perfect tip in. They just need to shoot and get the rebound which will put more pressure and will get the Oilers to defend more. Their goaltending hasn't been good all year so we have to take advantage of that. Our team is deeper than the Oilers. We just need to get into Mc'D and Drai's face more. Everyone has to finish their hits and go all out!!! Let's see which team wants it more tomorrow night!!!

Edited by RolexSub
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, viking mama said:

Hey!

Have we all forgotten the “Casey, Casey, Casey” chanting debaucle so soon?!

DeSmith was serenaded to his name barely after puck drop, during play, without having had the time to settle in…and the very first shot on goal by Edmonton, went into the net. What a senseless distraction by his own fans - no less! 

Fans chanted Casey’s name - to encourage him. BUT, Demko, DeSmith & Silovs are not just any regular players out there, requiring adrenaline to get through a mere 45 second shift! Goalies need to be lazer-focused….& calm.

Goalie chants are typically deployed as punk-moves for distraction by the opposing team’s fans & for this purpose. Even these chants frequently back-fire as opposition players get all fired up with anger for the mocking of their teammate(s). Queen Karma says goalie chants are generally - bad.

Cheer Silovs on to victory in the usual way & DON’T chant his name during the early stages of play in the next game…. & definitely not before he’s had a chance to handle the puck or make a few saves. 

A chant during play stoppages as a reward…fine! But, if someone starts an Arty, Arty, Arty, chant too early on & during play….stand-up to shut it down, for Pete’s sake!

Have we learned nothin’ ??? We expect the players to grow from these play-off experiences …& so must we as their fans! 

Stay positive people! Go Canucks Go!!! Cheer for good plays & our skaters!  Let our goalies focus on stopping the puck! That’s the job,…not glancing admiringly up into the stands, or hearing a plethora of distracting voices in his head. 

Hmm. You're right. I guess that slipped my mind. Thanks for the reminder. One good thing is, with Tocchet saying that Demko won't be in for game 7, if Silovs gets the start, he has the time to get his head straight, forget about the last game, and get ready.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stawns said:

Sorry, Hughes is not playing nearly like he was in the regular season.  You can quote any statline you like, but the eyd test is more accurate in this case (well, most cases).

All season QH controlled the play with his skating and puck possession.......that has all but disappeared from his game.  It's not a knock and it's no surprise.  Like Petey, it's his first real kick at the can and he's been a bit overwhelmed.  

I wouldn't say that at all and the stats back it up. Is he dominating the way he did in reg no sure I agree. It's the playoffs teams are stacking up against him and he's still winning his ice time which is huge for us overall. If you can't see that I don't know what to tell you. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, BC_Hawk said:

And even yesterday I wouldn’t say Silovs let us down; a defensive collapse leads to a point blank shot from a 50 goal scorer, 2 ridiculous screens, a defensive breakdown breakaway, and a screen laser off a FO. If Canucks put those pucks on Skinner, they go in too. Instead, we missed nets on point shots, and couldn’t capitalize in front of the net (tap in by Petey).

Agree that Silvos is not the reason we lost last night; the rest of the team needs to play much better.  However, I'm not sure I agree with your assessment of Silvos vs Skinner in that game. The unscreened Bouchard point shot seems comparable to the Hughes screened point shot during our 2nd period 5 on 3 PP, except Skinner made the blocker save (despite the screen) and Silvos didn't (while unscreened). And there were a few others Silvos would probably also like back. Silvos might not be the reason we lost, but he also didn't make some key saves that could have kept us in the game.

Edited by syntheticity
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Nuck1991 said:

every year i am surprised with the fans subpar expectations that even if we loose game 7 its a good season?

its been 50 odd years and we had plenty of good seasons, is it really that difficult to win a cup?

Um, yeah, obviously 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

Once again I’m here to say that I’m sorry - once again I became emotionally invested in the Canucks for game six - it’s my fault they lost…

Before game five I made an announcement to everyone on the unofficial fan forum that when I don’t give a shit about the Canucks they win and when I care too much about them they lose - so for game seven I am going to say that they are dead to me…

So right here and now I declare that I don’t give a shit about the Canucks anymore - I’m going to be focussing on much more important matters for the duration of game seven

The Big Lebowski Whatever GIF

Good  More room on the bandwagon for the rest of us.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Breadnbutta said:

We need a 2 point game from Pettersson and a 100mph Hronek bomb goal to open the flood gates, in game 7.

Really those are the only 2 that need to get going

I wonder how is Hronek's shoulder since his injury from last season?  I don't even see how his bomb only once from NYI game?   Let's find his bomb and he hasn't found it yet all year long?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Joe King said:

I think Ian Clark has input on that decision. I trust him to help make the right choice.

Obviously the decision boils down to the coaching staff. Just posed the question for the sake of discussion on the discussion board.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, CurtFraser24 said:

Good  More room on the bandwagon for the rest of us.

Hey -the dude apologized

for his waivering belief.

Let’s just say …..we appreciate his sacrifice!!

The rest of us need to unite our mental energies & positive messaging, like the great 7th man-collective we are, and put these visualized thoughts out into the universe…trusting that OUR players will receive them, activate & respond! 

Believe!

^This was also the 2010 Canadian  Winter Olympic team’s motto! 

Let’s tap into that country-wide feel-good collective-mind-meld of positivity thing, again!! 

Go Canucks Go!!  

Edited by viking mama
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Obviously the decision boils down to the coaching staff. Just posed the question for the sake of discussion on the discussion board.

And I just gave my opinion for the sake of discussion on this discussion board. 

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, gwarrior said:

We gotta win game 7. I don't know if I can stomach losing to prom night mcdumpster baby.

The way they drop like they got shot is crazy. Worse than soccer players..

Last night was the worst I've seen for dives.

Mcdiver drai and hyman are dirty

They don't deserve to win and i hope we school them in structured hockey tomorrow night 

Edited by Breadnbutta
  • Like 2

The key for Game 7 is to score first goal and get a better chance of winning the game.  Also some of the slumping guys is overdue for a breakout performance in the playoffs so hopefully we get that as well.  There will be no tomorrow if we lose.  Crunch time for all of the guys who wants to keep their run alive. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Rip The Mesh said:

I love how Miller has basically taken the team under his wing. 

But sometimes i wonder how his assertiveness affects Quinn.  No fault of Quinn, he is just more of a quiet kind of leader.  He's just as passionate about winning as JT.  But lets face it, JT is more captain material. His pro-active organizing the shirt for Garland, to wearing the Silovs shirt in practice, to the thoughtful honest interviews, to demanding the best from his teammates, like this or like the stick slam with Delia, ...no matter what skeavy media personality sees it and bases their next show around how Miller is a cancer because he's so impolite to his fellow teammates.

I hope and believe that the two have a mutual understanding and that even the team as a whole understands that Miller is just more vocal, but Hughes is still the leader of the room. 

I can understand for the long term point of view that Quinn was a great choice.  But in hindsight, I wonder if management regrets not giving the C to the one player who has already taken on that role. And probably already took it on even while Horvat was here.   I just hope there isn't any uneasiness with Quinn about how prominent JT has naturally been elevated.  And that its affected their relationship. There ain't no "Quinn Hughes" chants like the "J T Miller" chants.

Anyways, I don't think its that important. People will think I'm dumping on Quinn. I''m not. But it is kind of odd how for years, maybe decades, we've been waiting for a captain like a Miller type to lead the team.  And when we finally land a player like that, the C is given to another "quiet leader". 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • MillerTime 1

Again, I'm hopeful and have faith that our barn will be the difference. 

It may not go our way but there's certainly more than enough evidence to be confident that we can get it done.

We know how to beat these guys. 

• MillerTime 1

40 minutes ago, RolexSub said:

We are not going to score with low shots on goals. Last night it appears they are looking for the perfect pass and the perfect tip in. They just need to shoot and get the rebound which will put more pressure and will get the Oilers to defend more. Their goaltending hasn't been good all year so we have to take advantage of that. Our team is deeper than the Oilers. We just need to get into Mc'D and Drai's face more. Everyone has to finish their hits and go all out!!! Let's see which team wants it more tomorrow night!!!

So frustrating after finally getting lots of shots the game before. Shoot lots!!!

• MillerTime 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Gurn said:

Yes.

Sometime it feels like there are grade school kids on this forum.  Then I think about the comments again, I think we do.  Going to be careful with foul language from now on.   Bandwagon is full, for better or worse.   Look at that viral video of that kid. 

Edited by Jaimito
  • Wiener 1

I mean, this is playoff hockey. Despite the ups and downs, this is what we've been waiting for all these years 

And ... we completely dispelled the "out in first round" narrative. 

This has been great!

• Cheers 1
  • MillerTime 1