[PGT] Vancouver at Edmonton - Round 2 - Game 6

3 hours ago, -dlc- said:

Make it hard for them. This is the type of stuff....in their face. Skinner's easy to rattle...get in his crease and cause chaos. The pretty goals are nice but mix it up.

I bet they run this drill at practice.

"OK, look for the closest ref then give him an angry stare and shoulder shrug at him. Make sure to throw your hands out in dismay and whine loudly for emphasis"

442510503_10160916017395549_573077568623

• Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Breadnbutta said:

The way they drop like they got shot is crazy. Worse than soccer players..

Last night was the worst I've seen for dives.

Mcdiver drai and hyman are dirty

They don't deserve to win and i hope we school them in structured hockey tomorrow night 

Yup!

If the Canucks go low & dirty, it will

just be mis-interpreted.

Take the high road! I don’t think the league would dare deploy Sutherland  after the media of both teams publicly calling him out for all of the officiating  embarrassments in his last outing, as the senior official

O’Rourke, similarly so.

Pray the usual suspects do not get the opportunity to mar Game 7 with any of their blind eye gaffs, misinterpretations or biased delusions….if so - we will all know another attempted fix by the NHL is afoot.  

Edited by viking mama
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, -dlc- said:

I bet they run this drill at practice.

"OK, look for the closest ref then give him an angry stare and shoulder shrug at him. Make sure to throw your hands out in dismay and whine loudly for emphasis"

442510503_10160916017395549_573077568623

The Child D GIF by Disney+

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

43 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

I wouldn't say that at all and the stats back it up. Is he dominating the way he did in reg no sure I agree. It's the playoffs teams are stacking up against him and he's still winning his ice time which is huge for us overall. If you can't see that I don't know what to tell you. 

It's likely to try to slant the Bouchard > Hughes crap that some are trying to drum up out there. 

Hughes secret is out but he STILL can dance around players like their skates are glued to the ice.

Some just don't see anything good in our team but that's on them.

• Huggy Bear 2

The goalie I’m assuming they are going to play is Skinner. A career .88x in the playoffs. His numbers this year are slightly worse than last year.  

It’s skinner . Some of you guys are acting as if this is over.  Just put in the effort of game 5. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1
  • MillerTime 1

1 minute ago, Nucker67 said:

Sure, I'm in a bad mood after that abysmal game. I don't wear rose-coloured glasses watching my team. I hold them accountable. They were bad.

15 shots in a must win game. Some of the stars haven't been impactful enough and they've been relying on a 3rd string goalie - who has been amazing. I give Silovs full credit and he is a star in the making. 

I hate the Oilers, but they turned it on when it mattered. Canucks played scared, stopped hitting. Oilers have all of the momentum. It sucks, but I'm hoping the Canucks find another level next game. 

Wait, I didn't realize that being up 3-2 in a 7 game series, playing on the road, was a MUST WIN GAME. Huh, guess you should notify the rest of the world about this! CALL THE PRESS!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Darius said:

The goalie I’m assuming they are going to play is Skinner. A career .88x in the playoffs. His numbers this year are slightly worse than last year.  

It’s skinner . Some of you guys are acting as if this is over.  Just put in the effort of game 5. 

Exactly. We know how to beat these guys and Skinner. Just get back to that. 

• Like 1
  • MillerTime 1

8 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

Sure, I'm in a bad mood after that abysmal game. I don't wear rose-coloured glasses watching my team. I hold them accountable. They were bad.

15 shots in a must win game. Some of the stars haven't been impactful enough and they've been relying on a 3rd string goalie - who has been amazing. I give Silovs full credit and he is a star in the making. 

I hate the Oilers, but they turned it on when it mattered. Canucks played scared, stopped hitting. Oilers have all of the momentum. It sucks, but I'm hoping the Canucks find another level next game. 

So we turned it on the game before? Short memory?

Honestly....our fans are acting scared. Oilers do NOT have all the momentum because it's in our barn. And they have HUGE expectations on them and heavy pressure coming if when they lose. They're expected to win...everyone's calling for it. Our guys are not respected and that can change real fast.

I do agree...the Oilers played desperate (because they were). But we've sucked the wind out of their sails before and can do it again. I wouldn't sign off on our team yet. We've had their number and they got one good game but that doesn't mean they'll get another. F them and their diving team.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Breadnbutta said:

Goaltending hasn't been an issue 

But Demko>>> Silovs

I think we would have already finished them with Demko.

Thatcher is a huge part of our team identity.

There's been a few goals this series where I thought Demko would have had it. I get a confidence with Demko that I've never felt with any goalie, more than McLean, Luongo, or Schneider.

But this is Artys team for now and I think we will win it for Silovs cause he has played great.

We had 35 shots in game 5. That is the shot total we need to win this series. Sure, Demko can win us a series on his own, but we shouldn’t need to rely on goaltending alone to win a cup. Demko could also have a bad game or two. Remember Luongo in the 2011 finals?  Same thing can happen to Demko. 

I’d rather have a team that doesn’t have to rely on goaltending in order to win games. If we get 35 shots on goal tomorrow I think we win the game without a problem. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Darius said:

It is over if the Canucks decide not to show up again like last night and game 4. Doesn’t matter what his numbers are when we get no shots. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

11 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

I understand you are in a bad mood. I’m pretty sure most people are. But stating as a matter of fact that tomorrow is going to be the last game doesn't really make you look like much of a fan. 

We’ve won 3 games in this series. Why  do you feel we have no chance tomorrow?  This series could go either way. It’s a game 7. I’m pretty sure it will be a one goal game again. 

• ThereItIs 2

2 minutes ago, NucksNation said:

It is over if the Canucks decide not to show up again like last night and game 4. Doesn’t matter what his numbers are when we get no shots. 

Exactly. We need to get out of the mentality that our goaltending should win us games.  No, our team as a whole should win us the game. Get 30+ shots on net and I am sure Skinner will let in a few. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nucker67 said:

In 12 playoff games:

Hughes - 0 goals

Hronek - 0 goals

Pettersson - 1 goal

Hoglander - 1 goal

Garland - 2 goals

Pitiful production. How did they make it this far? Sheesh.

JR and Allvin still have some major surgery to do. Enjoy the last game. Go Canucks Go.

Rachel Dratch Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

“enjoy the last game”…

womp womp…

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

I said it once I’ll say it again there’s a flu going around - I’m sure the team was feeling that because clearly they’re a much better team than what showed up in game six

Shit, If that's the case they should have kept certain players/staff away..so dumb..Could cost us big time!

• Haha 1
  • chaos 1

God is it cringey to see all the posts about effort. As if the team just chooses not to put in effort and it's a simple as that. As if there isn't other things at play.

Low information fandom at its worst.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1